Search
Author: Moy

1v1 PVP tips... everyone is free to contribute... [Copy this link to quote]

Point
UID
Post time 26-10-2012 08:04:56 |Show all posts
we dont expect it to work at all times... we are simply discussing pvp possibilities here to help out each other do better
[Hurricane] Top Battlefield Marksman

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 27-10-2012 09:20:08 |Show all posts
I use that ring on my healer, since the proc makes the ring defensive basically. It's saved my life tons of times.
Not only that, but full-support sages have a short stun with a huge cast time, and this saves me .8 seconds from throwing that crap stun. And if I'm being attacked along with my dps, I have to use my time to heal, so being able to stun (even on 5%/10% chance) while I'm spam-healing is awesome.

So in terms of group pvp, I think the proc is suited for defensive healers. Just my opinion!
Have 1 people ratedPoint Pack Reason
Moy + 5

Total score: Point + 5   View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 28-10-2012 07:44:01 |Show all posts
well, iskipped a lot of it.
after seeing how much text was involved lol.
but here's my input.

when dueling 1v1 between different classes, its nearly impossible to make it a fair fight.
but if you guys get so caught up with it then just take off everything and have a punch on naked LOL.

yes usually people do 1v1s without pets or transform.
but then again theres some ppl who use pets / transform anyways.
when ido 1v1 duels, them guys who have like rebound when they xform always use it on me .. and ipractically kill myself in a few hits. (im bad with other classes other than archers xD)

so iguess before hand you tell em if its pet / transform or not,
but that doesnt matter you cant please everyone, theres ppl out there who will start complaining and crying if they dont win based on the rules you set, or whatever.

iread somewhere about stun shot, the archer att right? at lvl 10 its only 48% chance to stun.

and something about dueling is based on luck , iagree with that, the fluctuations in my crit dmg can determine whether iwin or lose vs fireshielders and the dodge rate and misses influence the duel vsing melee using my archer.

but then again like isaid its hard to have a fair fight between different classes that satisfies everyone.

as an archer, its kinda tough imo,
- rants on about archer vs -
archer vs archer, its basically whoever stuns first wins,

archer vs shammies, usually archers win cuz shammies are support, but theres some tank shammies that never die, cuz they have high resist and whatnot, and then the dps ones can also lead it to a whoever stuns first wins, or theres the other ones who try to summon a totem right nxt to you when the duel starts so you get insta stunned

archer vs sorcs, usually if you hit hard you win against those who dont have fireshield, against fireshield, in my case iget rhaped every time, lol

archer vs tanks, tanks may take a while to kill, and their hp may go back up due to rebirth effects, and if they have a rebound sigil they become tricky, if you're high dps tho you could kill them first, if not your hp should run out first.

archer vs assaassins, uh well some of them may use that skill where you see them skulls / ghosts and you cant do crap for a while, and they dps you till you die lol, uhm if you survive this you should win, or at least ido, and then theres some who use that skill that stuns you for a little then they use their tornado attack and you pretty much get wiped out, or it could one hit you,

archer vs fighters, this is tough, ithink its even worse than fireshield bcuz at least you do more when you're vsing fireshield, fighters basically stun me right away and then triple hit me and im done for in a couple of seconds.

so yeaaaaaah. basically ithink archers have a hard time dueling main classes 1v1 in the game.

tho we could win vs some of them by kiting them, but then they'd turn around and say, yeah you suck you ran away, coward, but imean, the whole point of being an archer is to attack from range lol. so ijust ignore it when they complain about archers running away getting distance, imean idont cry when they stand up close next to me and insta stun me and triple hit me or whatever,

but yeah for those who use transform to try and rebound my attack, i just run around until their SP runs out then i kill them lol . ^ so thats one of my tips iguess, LOL. but yeah. sometimes they might go to the extent of using spirit beast potions to regain SP (happened to me before) ijst laughed at him lol =b .

soo yeah but then again stripping down to nothing and having a punch on still isnt fair, bcuz some classes have passive hp bonuses or diff crit bonuses, etc. soo.

in conclusion, theres never a balanced or even fight between different classes, and not everyone will be satisfied with the match competitively =b .
ScarletCrystals + 6 Powerfull!

Total score: Point + 6   View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Super Guru

Kiripedia

Point
UID
Post time 28-10-2012 10:35:41 |Show all posts
Nice one Kyuu!
I'll only pick on Mediums next time then! D:

Myona - Lv60 Epic Ninja
Kirisame - Lv60 Hybrid Medium

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 28-10-2012 14:38:11 |Show all posts
The best way for an Archer to win a duel is to charge meteor shot at the start. If you get the opponent, they'll most likely be dead in that one hit (Only works for 3/4 of the classes).

Use magic Report

ST Moderator

Keeping it realz.

Point
UID
Post time 28-10-2012 15:29:00 |Show all posts
IamNick replied at 28-10-2012 14:38
The best way for an Archer to win a duel is to charge meteor shot at the start. If you get the oppon ...

That's if your a marksman. I think that bowman are better at 1v1 due to stun.
Please be real.

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 28-10-2012 16:09:08 |Show all posts
The best way for an Archer to win a duel is to charge meteor shot at the start.

Silly marksman, archers don't have meteor shot.

as for bowman and stun, that's most likely not to work against fighter/sin for a number of reasons:
1. It's unreliable at only 48% at max.
2. It casts a lot slower than the fighter/sin charge skills which have 100% stun rate.

Without transfrom it's easy to kite warriors to death, otherwise archers probably have the hardest time doing 1v1 pvp as everything has either reflect to turn the archer's generally low damage against them or a charge skill to null their range.

On the other hand, bombardment is the only basic level skill with 100% triple hit, with archers being able to pump huge combo rates and decent crit rates. So I think a well funded archer could go for a high crit/combo bombardment in an attempt to 1hit opponents.

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 29-10-2012 00:39:19 |Show all posts
ebil replied at 28-10-2012 16:09
Silly marksman, archers don't have meteor shot.

as for bowman and stun, that's most likely not  ...

Oops, forgot about Bowmans.

Ebil, Archers are most likely the best class in the game to obtain crit. As for damage, they can still get really hi damage. My Archer has some noob 5x purple xBow (random stats, not a crafted one) +5 and 40 gears, and I still reach 7k dmg.

Even with the build you suggested, Archers are still pretty pathetic against other classes. Let's assume that every time the Archer hits, the opponent will die (except for Tanks). For each class:

Fighter - He will stun you before you attack. You lose.
Assassin - Same as above.
Sorceror - This one depends. If he/she has 105% rebound+, and a lot of HP, they might own you even if you 1HKO. This is because they'll still get one hit in, and each of Bombard's hits are calculated one by one. So, even if you do kill him with that one Bombard, both hit 1 and 2 will rebound. This may make you lose.
Warrior - You have pretty much no chance unless you run away. But even then they can stun you.
Archers - You'll win if they don't kill you in one hit.
Shaman - They lose. Though, if you didn't 1HKO him/her they might have a chance if they're tanky.

These results will vary depending on builds, though.
Moy + 5

Total score: Point + 5   View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 29-10-2012 05:08:58 |Show all posts
i agree with everyone... and quite frankly even spirit form of archers is of little use, except for the 60%chance to immobilize opponents when u turn it level5...

id rather have a spirit form with dodge/atk bonus than movespeed/atk bonus simply because movespeed is rendered useless in any aspect of game dungeon boss hunting or pvp wise...

i kinda find it weird that archer has bonus movespeed from spirit form..... i mean if ur using spirit form to run from ur opponents ur spirit form wont last any longer that its default duration because u cant hit while running away...

i seriously hope they cut some archer classes a little slack... they've already nerfed a ton of stuff from archers (especially in marksman) which kinda made us pretty much the weakest class ingame...

even if archers get uber high attack dmg its useless since we dont really have a reliable DISABLE SKILL...
and we kinda die almost everytime when opponent has reflect...

and for people wondering, physical marksman can not 1hit ANY class given the instance that both characters have the same rank equipments, upgrades... we can only 1hit people who are weaker than us, anyone who has of same attackpower,level,item rank will most likely win against us...

and as i have come to realize, only magical marksman can actually perform decently in pvp given the chance that they get atleast 1-3seconds free hits... if not then most likely we will die as well especially if we are against a stunner class.. and yeah the balance against other classes kinda sucks badly... i mean every single time an archer class comes up in the discussion of 1v1 pvp why do we have to rely on CHANCE to win? i mean seriously? we spend time to pump up, level, hunt our items only to end up relying on LUCK to win? can't we win with our skill as players?

as for the bowman, except for ground shaking shot, (which is practically useless against fighter classes and assassin classes) they too have no other skill in which to FIRMLY secure a win...

deny it or accept it, stun plays a big role in fights... we can discuss this over and over again but we will always end up discussing having stun at the end of the day...

and as other people have said, people tend to use pets in pvp, (i myself do so) since it provides us 100%chance to stun opponents for as much as 5seconds... i mean, if u people are saying you dont need ur pets, why go the trouble of building one yourself? you can deny all you want that u dont need pets to rely on but ur characters says otherwise since u have ur pets with full items, even buy from other players just to get a good one.... denying these issues wont get us anywhere since every factor that will be discussed here plays a part in ur gameplay... pvp, hunting, levelling up...

if not change anything from archers, atleast retain our dodge rate when we get stunned... it really kinda sucks that u get 0%dodge and -40%def from a single charge from masters which inturn will most likely kill u with the succeeding concussive strike...

and i was wondering about hitrate as well... howcome even if i get a proc/petskill that renders ur hitrate 0% i can still be hit? its kinda unfair dont u think? if dodge is totally nullified by stun then shouldnt u miss also if ur hitrate is 0%?

i kinda feel bad that the population of archer classes has dwindled over the last few patches...

with the things u can do with other classes, a lot of people actually made new characters coz they didnt feel fulfilled with the performance of their marksman or bowman...

i seriously hope that there will be a discussion of the developers over this issue since imho, aside from the high attack achieved and crit rate archers has no other redeeming qualities that really make people want to make one of their characters an archer...

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 29-10-2012 05:14:46 |Show all posts
I, myself, am just going to use my Archer to farm gold then go play Spirit Wizard.

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 29-10-2012 18:31:41 |Show all posts
I, myself, am just going to use my Archer to farm gold then go play Spirit Wizard.

+1. I plan to do the same thing. xD

as for the discussion:
warrior vs archer, as I said, the only thing warrior has going for it is reflect, otherwise an archer can kite them forever. (easier as a bowman with groundshake)

archer transform (or in general) speed seems to be the selling point. In theory it should work nicely with the range, but in practice every other class has an instant cast 'charge' skill, an immobilize skill, massive reflect damage or any combination of the 3 to null the one advantage archer has, which would be the combination of speed + range.
Honestly since archers seem to be glass cannon types regardless of their builds I wouldn't mind seeing a purely offensive trans focusing on crits. Instead of ATK / DEF / SPD go something like ATK / m/CRIT / m/CRITDMG (Dunno if crit damage is capped)

as far as the crit advantage is concerned, archers will likely lose that spot to spirit wizards and come 3rd jobs a number of classes will get similar crit passives to archers.

Then again, instead of trying to remake archers, we could simply ask for a nerf to stun in pvp.

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 30-10-2012 03:36:02 |Show all posts
ebil replied at 29-10-2012 18:31
+1. I plan to do the same thing. xD

as for the discussion:

Most Archer builds are Atk/Crit/Crit Dmg.

The crit cap is 100% (obviously) and the crit dmg cap is 300%.

I think the Spirit Form for Archers is pretty lame, since, well, all Spirit Forms get move speed anyway so it's not much of a big difference.

Use magic Report

Guru

┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

Point
UID
Post time 30-10-2012 04:43:38 |Show all posts
Moy replied at 29-10-2012 05:08
i agree with everyone... and quite frankly even spirit form of archers is of little use, except for  ...

Archer's bonus movespeed from spirit form help a lot in my case, a lot tbh. And you can atk while running, there is a little delay so w/o bonus running speed, bosses can catch you with ease. But with 40% bonus from spirit form, 10% from speed demon and may be 10% from passive, you can enjoy kiting the bosses to death.
xz3r0xLv63 Physical Ranger - In progress of soloing every heroic dg.

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 30-10-2012 04:59:51 |Show all posts
z3r0 replied at 30-10-2012 05:43
Archer's bonus movespeed from spirit form help a lot in my case, a lot tbh. And you can atk while  ...

Yes, but the whole point of this thread is pvp. How easily do you think you can kite against players with immobilize, stuns, and charge?

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 30-10-2012 05:01:13 |Show all posts
mahnahcah replied at 30-10-2012 04:59
Yes, but the whole point of this thread is pvp. How easily do you think you can kite against playe ...

Good ol' Battle Mount your way out, then run back in and take them down!

Use magic Report

Guru

┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

Point
UID
Post time 30-10-2012 05:02:23 |Show all posts
mahnahcah replied at 30-10-2012 04:59
Yes, but the whole point of this thread is pvp. How easily do you think you can kite against playe ...

I only against what he said: "movespeed is rendered useless in any aspect of game dungeon boss hunting or pvp wise..."

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 30-10-2012 05:04:47 |Show all posts
So is this thread even expanding to the point where you talk about PvE, LOL. You guys

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 30-10-2012 07:30:41 |Show all posts
i just kinda mention the pve for the sake of mentioning it... but yes this is still focused on pvp... like i said in my earlier post, every other class ingame has a skill that can easily counter the movespeed regardless if u have battlemount (which only very few people have... i dont have one) or not...

i just really find it a big disadvantage to us archer classes that yes we have a range advantage but is quickly rendered useless within the first few seconds of fight (which will inturn, most likely result in our defeat)

im just hoping that the game will be a little more balanced as to see a little more diversity in the population of the game...

because as everyone may have noticed by now, a lot of people are building almost identical items and skills which (i am not sure) may have bored out the players that quitted the game the past few weeks and months...

Use magic Report

Guru

┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

Point
UID
Post time 30-10-2012 07:55:26 |Show all posts
mahnahcah replied at 30-10-2012 05:04
So is this thread even expanding to the point where you talk about PvE, LOL. You guys

You can say my post is off-topic if you want.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|Koramgame

7-5-2021 15:30 GMT-7 , Processed in 0.010013 second(s), 9 queries .