Search
View: 3502|Reply: 58

1v1 PVP tips... everyone is free to contribute... [Copy this link to quote]

Point
UID
Post time 5-10-2012 21:45:57 |Show all posts
well i am hoping to help everyone having trouble with this... JUST FOR THE FUN OF IT

i'll start off with this tip..

DELAYED PET SUMMONING (if ur 1v1 is "give it all you've got")
---> get a pet with a 5second stun... when duel is triggered unsummon ur pet... after u get stunned summon ur pet immediately to stun back ur opponent (his pet cant stun u now because of immunity ) now when ur able to move ur free to hit ur opponents for as long as 3seconds... (a lot can happen in that short amount of time).

and yes, i havent lost a single 1v1 since i learned of this trick... (my opponents can't argue because im a marksman and i dont have a skill with 100%chance to stun) so whenever they tell me no pet, i simply tell them back "can u take me with no stun? "
[Hurricane] Top Battlefield Marksman

Super Guru

Kiripedia

Point
UID
Post time 5-10-2012 22:33:29 |Show all posts
I can take you with no stun

Myona - Lv60 Epic Ninja
Kirisame - Lv60 Hybrid Medium

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 5-10-2012 23:26:11 |Show all posts
That's kind of useless, since most people don't want to duel with Spirit Form or a Pet. I really doubt they'd actually let you do that. Most people would tell you it's your fault that you didn't get Stun Shot or something.

Anyway, pets have a much larger stun time then any of the classes, so, yeah, of course you'll win.

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 6-10-2012 03:30:22 |Show all posts
does stun shot have 100% chance to stun?

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 6-10-2012 03:31:08 |Show all posts
Moy replied at 6-10-2012 03:30
does stun shot have 100% chance to stun?

That's beside the point. All duels are based on luck. Do attacks have a 100% chance to crit?

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 6-10-2012 03:37:31 |Show all posts
why is it beside the point?

again i am pointing out i am a marksman...

try winning against an assassin or a fighter class that has nearly 4seconds of stun...

you have been playing the game far longer than i have but ur arguments are plainly nooblike...

it's like saying STUN isnt an advantage at all in pvp... if it's not then why suggest to max out charge and crippling assault?

again with the useless arguments... a little common sense helps... please use it well...

and ur statement that "ALL DUELS ARE BASED ON LUCK" is plainly ridiculous...

DO YOU NOT HAVE ANY SKILL AS A PLAYER THAT YOU RELY ON LUCK TO WIN YOUR BATTLES? LOL

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 6-10-2012 04:17:18 |Show all posts
Moy replied at 6-10-2012 03:37
why is it beside the point?

again i am pointing out i am a marksman...

I doubt stunning an opponent then doing a few hits is skill.

What I was saying is that, yeah sure, stun has an advantage but WHO will bother letting you use a pet? To get a high stun w/o a pet, a class needs to use skill points. So for Archers they can just skip these stuns and use a pet? I don't think so.

One more thing. Could you not keep saying it's an argument? And stop saying I'm a noob? Saying you were wrong doesn't mean I want an argument.

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 6-10-2012 04:37:18 |Show all posts
Yeah, skills that can induce stun are treated like any other skills. Hence, they can miss. I've seen charge miss vs. that guy dragon, one with so much eva. So does that make them less valuable in pvp? No. Stun is a definite advantage in pvp. In fact, there are cases where mirror builds go against each other and the most likely to win is the one that stuns 1st. A great example would be ninjas. Or you can have 2 of the same class but one has a longer stun than the other. Advantage goes to the one with longer stun given that their stats are almost the same.

Also, most people, aside from tanks, die within the stun duration of a master. You really have to put up so much hp just to survive.

Archers will eat melee with low hp if they can stun 1st. It's just a matter of stunning then pushing them back and they'd die before they can get in to a range where they can stun. Problem is, with charge and crippling, fighters and assassins are almost always gonna have the 1st stun. With general and serkers, yeah archers can stun 1st. Stampede relies on chances and the archer would prolly be running when the duel starts. However, warrior derivatives have dash to nullify an archer's knock back skill. So does that mean archers will always lose to a melee? Nah, archers can deal significant damage themselves. But I would say that they'd have less chances vs. a master coz even if they can stun 1st, masters will have the right amount of hp to survive, unless they face an uber archer with so much attack. Concussive will decide the rest.

It's just a matter of knowing what gears to use vs. which opponent and knowing when to use stuns. I've dueled with quite a handful of archers. I've seen ones that use their heads lol and they're the ones the beat me most times. They stun after my divine protection's duration. So yeah, advantages can only take you closer to a victory but it won't determine your win. A bit of thinking is needed lol.

However, there are classes which doesn't have a stun skills. Sorcs and its derivatives doesn't have stun but they have fireshield to make up for that. They still die to a dps when the dps crits enough. I really haven't tested this rigorously but I think crits aren't rebounded. Say my base damage is 1point and have a crit damage of 200%, thereby making my crit produce 2 damage points. Only the base gets rebounded. Hence, only 1 will be rebounded. That's what I think. I can be wrong. I just know that the ones that kill sorcs have substantial hp and uber dps. lol

/end rant

P.S. Nick and Moy, lol you 2 seem to argue with each other a lot lol. Anyway, on some threads you have opposing arguments. In this thread though, both your ideas are valid and they don't really oppose each other. I think you just disagree coz of some stuff that happened on other threads lol. Let it go.
Have 1 people ratedPoint Pack Reason
Moy + 5

Total score: Point + 5   View Rating Log

Making you lag.

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 6-10-2012 05:30:34 |Show all posts
it's just funny that someone keeps spamming over my posts/replies with so much effort and knowledge and yet he BARELY PLAYS THE GAME....

well let's just let MR. KNOW IT ALL have his way...

i have other things to do than to bother with his useless arguments...

and since u barely play the game... YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 6-10-2012 05:51:35 |Show all posts
ztirfy91 replied at 6-10-2012 04:37
Yeah, skills that can induce stun are treated like any other skills. Hence, they can miss. I've seen ...

Hm, will have to test what you said about Sorcerers.

Even if an Archer does have stun, it's almost useless against every class, except for Mages. The amount of time it takes to cast the attack is far too long to have a good few hits. Maximum of two hits against a General or Berserker, assuming they don't have Dash. Others will always get you first.

I figured the best way for a Marksman to win a duel is to make sure you cast Meteor Shot right before the duel starts, and if you're lucky enough to cast one Bombard before stunned, you'll win (assuming you for enough damage). Otherwise you're screwed.

Not really sure what you mean about strategy though, since 90% of duels in Varus last just a few hits... Five seconds at max. I see barely any tanks so, yeah, can't really see how well tanks go.

Use magic Report

ST Moderator

~ ♪ ♫ ♬

Point
UID
Post time 6-10-2012 06:10:51 |Show all posts
Here's what I have to contribute to this thread, first off, I'm a Wanderer -tank, now in regards to PvP, I consider myself to be successful.

So far, stun is a problem, for most classes yes, that is if they go along with a simple template and go glass cannon, which will result in luck and first stun wins. However those who are able to construct up their own build and with sufficient experience will be able to separate themselves from the norm.

For me when I PvP, even when my opponents stuns me, I'm still able to win the match regardless. How? Simply because with enough experience you will be able to have enough knowledge to tailor your own build and adapt to these weaknesses.

So it does require some thinking and strategy to build a successful PvP Character.

Just my 2cents

Regards,
One/Indignation

Moy + 1

Total score: Point + 1   View Rating Log

http://telefeather.com - Database | Wiki | Guides

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 6-10-2012 06:12:55 |Show all posts
IamNick replied at 6-10-2012 05:51
Hm, will have to test what you said about Sorcerers.

Even if an Archer does have stun, it's almos ...

hmmm you're talking about a marksman. I personally haven't seen that many duels with marksmen in solicia. All I know is, if their meteor hits, they have a chance to win. If it doesn't, then the other opponent will eat them. This varies between classes though.

What I meant with what I stated was a duel vs. a bowman. They usually have gravitation so I really can't kill them that fast given that I'm a full tanking build and gravitation reduces my attack speed greatly. Hence, they wait for my divine protection to disappear, before they stun me. Making them squeeze the most out of that stun. And by they, I'm talking about 2-3 bowmen that realized this. The others just don't care about it that much lol.

However, marksmen and bowmen show their true potential in mass pvp (arena, cw, volcano) since they can just spam their skills, which really hurt a lot. And with pets and other pt members confronting the enemy in the front lines... both marksmen and bowmen will just kill people lol. That's what they're meant to do anyway.
Making you lag.

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 6-10-2012 06:23:00 |Show all posts
ztirfy91 replied at 6-10-2012 06:12
hmmm you're talking about a marksman. I personally haven't seen that many duels with marksmen in s ...

Er, yeah, I was going to mention Bowmans but forgot. Couldn't they start off with Ground-Breaking Shot? Hopefully enough to render the stun almost useless, as well as an opportunity to attack. Don't have a Bowman... So yeah.

Use magic Report

Guru

┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

Point
UID
Post time 6-10-2012 06:30:40 |Show all posts
Ground-shaking(not breaking) can miss too, gravitational field is better choice, 90% reduce atk speed will be great trouble(not mention combo rate).
xz3r0xLv63 Physical Ranger - In progress of soloing every heroic dg.

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 6-10-2012 06:31:54 |Show all posts
ground shaking? that's the skill where they push you back by x number of meters? It can be done but really hard to time it. Coz see, for it to be effective, it needs to hit the opponent right after the opponent casts the stun. And you'd have milliseconds to do that unless your opponent has really bad latency. I'd say it's verging on the impossible with crippling assault. I've seen people do it vs. charge but again, it's hard to pull off.

One thing you can try though, is stacking up some movespeed. Say 10% is good enough to outrun most people. Or ride your mount if you have to lol. Hence, you start to run right after the duel starts. Then you'd have a decent chance to stun him 1st. And if you're an uber archer with crazy damage and your opponent isn't a tank and/or doesn't have resistance vs. your mag weapon (assuming that you're using a mag one), then you'd prolly kill him before he wakes up from the stun. Or her, since women are also playing this game.
Making you lag.

Use magic Report

ST Moderator

Keeping it realz.

Point
UID
Post time 6-10-2012 06:37:49 |Show all posts
z3r0 replied at 6-10-2012 06:30
Ground-shaking(not breaking) can miss too, gravitational field is better choice, 90% reduce atk spee ...

That's pointless in my opinion
Name like 5 people in the game who actually maxed that skill( like none unless they are physical bowman)
In my opinion your better off hoping for stun
Please be real.

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 6-10-2012 06:53:26 |Show all posts
tissuebox replied at 6-10-2012 06:10
Here's what I have to contribute to this thread, first off, I'm a Wanderer -tank, now in regards to  ...

That's the good thing with having substantial hp. Even if they get you 1st, you'd still survive to make a counter. And yeah, understanding how the stats work - which one counters the other, knowing how your opponent's skills affect you and how your skills affect them and enough experience will lead you to formulate a build that'll make you versatile enough to equip different weapons and armor sets and max out their potential.

Also, I firmly believe that masters and wanderers are in the position to dominate or at the very least put up a good chance vs. any other class, including sorcs. However, this assessment is for the 2nd job. I still haven't really seen the 3rd job skills, I have but some of them aren't translated, so it's too early to make any conclusions for when the 3rd job comes.
Making you lag.

Use magic Report

Guru

┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

Point
UID
Post time 6-10-2012 07:00:00 |Show all posts
Patrick.. replied at 6-10-2012 06:37
That's pointless in my opinion
Name like 5 people in the game who actually maxed that skill( like ...

Gravitational field is not useless at all, it increase your dps by a lot. For example:

Freeze shot deal 30k dam, follow after that is 1 normal hit 15k dam, then gravitational 15k dam, if you are lucky with combo chance from sigil/set effect, more gravitational 15k dam and so on, to sum up: 60~75k dam every 0.8s.
xz3r0xLv63 Physical Ranger - In progress of soloing every heroic dg.

Use magic Report

ST Moderator

Keeping it realz.

Point
UID
Post time 6-10-2012 07:16:55 |Show all posts
z3r0 replied at 6-10-2012 07:00
Gravitational field is not useless at all, it increase your dps by a lot. For example:

Freeze sho ...

Ya i know but look at the amount of people who actually maxed it?
Please be real.

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 6-10-2012 09:55:20 |Show all posts
z3r0 replied at 6-10-2012 22:00

Freeze sho ...

i don't know anything about a bowman so please enlighten me, i was kinda lost with the 15k damage with gravitational field back there...

does it have damage?
MisterLuck + 1 I Liked how you highlighted those Words

Total score: Point + 1   View Rating Log

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|Koramgame

7-5-2021 15:22 GMT-7 , Processed in 0.009726 second(s), 11 queries .