Search
View: 23065|Reply: 54

GUIDE] ShakaLaka[]'s Berzerker Tank Build Lv 55 [COMPLETED  Close [Copy this link to quote]

Expert

ShakaLakA[]

Point
UID
Post time 24-3-2012 01:45:34 |Show all posts

ShakaLaka's Berzerker

(looking for a better war ss, send me and i might pick yours)

Table Of Contents
Stats
Warrior Skill Build
Berzerker Skill Info
Berzerker Skill Build
Pro Tips To Be A Heavy Tanker
Ways to Improve Your Tanking Ability
Credits and Special Thanks

Warrior Tank Stat Priority
Str > Spr > Agi

Str (Strength) - Not only increase your Atk (5 PATK per point), also increase your Parry (0.5 per point) which is one of the primary defense mechanism as a tank

Spr (Spirit) - Psv Healing will allow healer to heal you more which is what all tanker want
(example: A Shaman heals you for 500hp, with a Psv healing of 120% +36, you will receive 636hp heal

Agi (Agility) - 1 eva per point, Dodging will your secondary defense line, not to mention increase your attack speed to improve your damage output

Skill points system

Level 1-50 - 1 skill point per lv
Level 51 - 60 - 2 skill points per lv

1st job skill tree - max skill points 61
2nd job skill tree - max skill points 10

EDITED: OBT capped @ lv 55, so you only able to have total 59 skill points in which only 10 skill points are allowed to add into 2nd skill tree

Warrior Tank Skill Build

From the Skill Tree (From Tier 1 onwards)

Bash [02/10] or [07/10] - This is your main attacking skill which gives you some defense boost

Heroic Spirit [05/05] or [0/05] - 15% str bonus, some people perfer adding these 5 sp into Bash which give +10% def.  Choose this if you favor a little more parry and dmg on your build ~15%str gives abt 40-55 base str @ lv 55 if ur eq r updated properly

Defend [05/05] - This is what tanker is all about ~ More HP more DEF

Dash [01/10] - Yeah this helps you in moving forward before your party and helps you in farming as well

Oppressive Spirit [05/05] - This 40% Atk/Def boost kick ass not to mention it does reflects 70% of incoming damage when maxed

Defensive Command [05/05] - This is a VERY IMPORTANT if not the MOST IMPORTANT skill to max, it is the only resistance Warrior have [Explanation below]

Cross Burst [07/10] - This is your main aoe skill and this is your job as a tanker to create the aggros required to lure all mob. Lv 07 is also the requirement for Mastery: Cross Burst

Stronghold [03/03] - +9% def, another tanking passive skill

Stampede [01/10] - This is your 2nd main aoe skill which provide full 360 degree aoe

Physique [05/05] - You do need the extra aggros or you will lose to +10 wep dps-ers, Spr provide you more Psv Healing ~ yeahh...

Defend Specialty [05/05] - Improved version of Defend

Blood       'n Guts [03/03] - HP is what makes you a tanker ~ Blood and Guts don't mix, that's why they drop a few extra spacing

Defend Mastery [04/05] - Improve Improved version of Defend, improved Defend Specialty ~challenge accepted

This Lv 40 skill tree was provided by Verm0nz for easy viewing

Berserker Skill Information

Tier 8
Min Lv: 40
Mastery: Bash - Lv 01 [Using Bash increase attacks of Stampede and Cross Burst by 10% respectively.]
Mastery: Cross Burst - Lv 01 [Using Cross Burst increase Block Rate by an additional 10%. Lasts 6 seconds.]
Mastery: Stampede - Lv 01 [Reduces Cool down time of Stampede by 40%]

NOTE: Each mastery skill requires min lv 07 of it's own basic skill before you can learn.

Tier 9
Min Lv: 44
Justice  Strike - Lv 01 [Increases Attack by 654 points. Heals 200HP of all teammates within 12 meters of the target.]
Lv 05 [Increases Attack by 1370 points. Heals 360HP of all teammates within 12 meters of the target.]

Power  of Self - Lv 01 [Increase own Max. HP by 15%, all Resistance by 4% and Defense by 4%. Lasts 20 seconds.]
Lv 05 [Increase own Max. HP by 35%, all Resistance by 20% and Defense by 20%. Lasts 28 seconds.]
EDITED: The cooldown of this skill is 1min across all lvl according to GDO

Tier 10
Min Lv: 42 ~Weird
Vengance - Lv 01 [For each Block, increases the damage dealt by next attack by 10%. Lasts 5 seconds.]
Lv 05 [For each Block, increases the damage dealt by next attack by 30%. Lasts 5 seconds.]

Polearm  Control - Lv 01 [Increases Critl Hit Dmg and Magic Crit Hit Dmg by 3% when equipping a Polearm.]
Lv 05 [Increases Critl Hit Dmg and Magic Crit Hit Dmg by 15% when equipping a Polearm..]

Raised  Healing - Lv 01 [Increases own Max. HP by 3% and the Passive Healing you obtain by 2%.]
Lv 05 [Increases own Max. HP by 15% and the Passive Healing you obtain by 10%.]

Berzerker Skill Info

I do want to point out to you guys before you post any questions why some isn't max out, it is based on lv 55 which we will be playing in OBT (read the starting content for more infos)

Mastery: Cross Burst [01/01](Req: Cross Burst Lv 7)  - +10% Parry ~hurray!!

Power  of Self [03/05] - This is the main focus of your tanking career +25%hp +12%resist +12%def

Raised  Healing [04/05] - More HP % and Psv Heal % ~healers bring it on!

Can someone send me a skill tree with berzerker build @ lv 55??

A Temporary Overall Skill Order ~for the dummies

Warrior
Bash                               02 or 07
Heroic Spirit                    05 or 00
Defend                           05
Dash                              01
Oppressive Spirit             05
Defensive Command      05
Cross Burst                    07
Stronghold                    03
Stampede                      01
Defend Specialty.           05
Physique                        05
Blood          'n Guts        03
Defend Mastery             04

Skill Points : 51

Skill Points Left over: 0

(If u start saving sp @ lv 50-55 even though its not out in STO)

Berzerker
Mastery: Cross Burst      01
Power Of Self                 03
Raised Healing                04

Skill Points : 8

Skill Points Left over: 2 (I would recommend saving it to max POS when the time comes)

Tips To Be A Heavy Tanker

The first point that i wanted to point out is that as a tank, understand the mob behaviour especially during boss, most boss with deadly spell tend to have a 2second casting time which gives you the red light to do the necessary action.

Don't judge your tanking ability based on your DEF because the most damaging thing that can happen to you is Magic Spells which you have only 10% resistance from your skill. The one you should be concerned is HP, Parry, Dodge and Elemental Resistance. With proper hammering of your armor, you should have a 50% DMG RD (damage reduction rate) which basically helps you tank 50% of phy incoming dmg.

Addition info: Reason why you do not want to pump your active dmg skill is because the main PAtk comes from the weapon and stats. For example: Bash Lv7 gives u +821 Atk when u cast it, when your base PAtk (with a +5 enchant) @ lv 40 will give you ard 3k Patk, so Bash gives abt 25% more dmg boost which is not that much of a different if you are going to 2 hit mob with Lv 01 or Lv 07, not stating the fact u give up some tanking skill points for that single skill  ~that's lengthy

A good advice when it comes to generalising the priority of stats in equipment / pet / artifact would be:
% Side Stats (eg: +5% Critical) > Static Side Stats (eg: +30 Critical) > % Basic Stats (eg: +5% Luck) > Static Basic Stats (eg: +14 Luck)

However, the priority should ONLY be considered as an overall comparison (For the casual players). Please do take note that the final stat increase may vary based on proper calculation with a lot of patient and time.

Ways To Improve Your Tanking Abilities

Do the Juggle Dance - Dash -> Transform (Spirit Mode) -> Cross Burst -> Stampede -> Transform (MAN mode) -> Bash+Dash randomly -> wait till they settle down on the ground -> Transform (Spirit Mode) -> CB -> S ....
This is a trick that allows you to send all the mobs around you into the fly which makes them unable to atk during airborne. This works only on basically all the mobs in open field (except the Big 4) and in dungeon instances (except the main bosses). With properly control over your SP, you should be able to maintain a lifetime of juggling (The two brother (Bash and Dash) are good skills that pumps your SP quickly)

Set the right gears - Do not judge your armor according to it's level req or defense, pick the one that gives you the best option. The options that you should be looking out for are Resist +x, Psv Healing +x, Dodge +x, as a tanker you do not want to pick crit bonus type if you have a choice. Always go Dungeon Instance to look for Epic or Legendary Equipments.

Set the right weapon - Playing as a tanker, you will have to forsake all your dps capabilities. When you look at the list of weapon to craft, pick the one that is likely to give the higher survivability over the ATK

Set the right gem - Go for Str or Spr, alternatively go for elemental gem (those that shows Lightning +4), note that this doesn't mean you have +4 lightning attack, it is the opposite rather, it gives +4 lightning resistance

Have the right pet - Merge and try to get a blue Kazi for the evil reflect which will basically tell people that you are the BOSS
Alternatively, you can go for pets that gives you hp%, eva%, def%

Credits and Special Thanks

HaZel (My mentor)
Seraphis
MisterLuck
iDntCare
Demoniser
Belphegor
Yovie
DookDik (My CBT Love)
And many more who give their constructive comments n remarks

Edan Fernandez (aka Juggernaut) - followed his build as a CBT fighter and learned a lot from his thread http://forum.koramgame.com/thread-54050-1-2.html

Hera - for stats and its formulae http://forum.koramgame.com.my/fo ... &extra=page%3D3

STO/GDO Wiki http://glorydestiny.wikia.com/wiki/Warrior

Have 2 people ratedPoint Pack Reason
LeonitoJr + 5 Usefull
semipogi + 4 Usefull

Total score: Point + 9   View Rating Log

ProXy[] -> ShakaLakA[]
Berzerker Build

Expert

ShakaLakA[]

Point
UID
Post time 24-3-2012 01:45:53 |Show all posts
Extra Build for PvP warrior build (General)

Lets get our facts and orders right before we go into the skill build

The build that i'm going to show you is a reflect tanker who plucks the key class (shaman or dps) out. If you want something like a dps general, u should go the dps class because only warrior can play this reflect build so well and it's so scary!!

Role as a tanker in PvP

Only General class can play pure tanker in a PvP and still contri hard on the match outcome. Your job is to Emperor's Summon and pull the healer/main dps of your opponent team and wipe him out 1st. This makes you the main target for everyone to aim @ you simply because you are the closest + melee to their critical member.

You can get Projectile Shield which reflect 25% dmg + Kazi Pet reflects 10-20% dmg (depend on your pet skill lv) + Oppressive Spirit which reflects 70% dmg = 105-115% reflect dmg (now this is what everyone is afraid of).

Your opponent may choose not to hit you but they will risk the loss of their teammate while your team will dps n finish the target off.

Why not dps?

You might not even survive to dash over to their attack boundary not even to say pull one out and dish dmg to it. You do not have stun skill nor slow (except for Emperor's summon)

ok hope this clears up the reason for my general PvP build

There won't be much changes to the warrior build but definitely i'll try to adjust it to fit a PvP mode better

Warrior Skill Build

[SKILLS REMOVED]
Cross Burst
Stampede
Bash (Default 1)
Physique

NEW SKILLS

Mobility [01/05] - In PvP, movement speed is what makes a lot of differences, you will be kite to death if you are running too slow, bonus side it's a party buff +10% movement speed

Pincer [01/05] - Once cast on your target, all your teammates (including you) have 20% chance to slow the target's movement speed and atk speed by 20%

Dash [08/10] - This is not really new but it serves as a pre-req for Refined Dash (read below)

General Skill Build

Refined Dash [01/01] - With 40% reduce in cooldown, your Dash will be very easy to spam during the fight, it's very helpful in catching/chasing down your opponent while they try to maintain a distance from you

Note: Dash doesn't required a target to activiate, just simply aim at your desired location, it will automatically dash towards that direction.

Emperor's Summons [03/05] - This is your main pulling attack + it slow the target by 40% for 4sec

[Projectile Shield [04/05] - 25% reflect dmg, this could be the key skill to own the whole arena as long as you live

Overall Skill Build for General's PvP

Warrior
Bash                               01
Heroic Spirit                    05
Defend                           05
Dash                              08
Oppressive Spirit             05
Defensive Command      05
Stronghold                    03
Mobility                          01
Pincer                            01
Defend Specialty.           05
Physique                        05
Blood          'n Guts        03
Defend Mastery             04

Skill Points : 51

General
Refined Dash                 01
Emperor's Summons     03
Projectile Shield             04

Skill Points : 8

Skill Points Left Over : 2 (i'll recommend maxing Proj Shield and +1 Emp's Sum)
ProXy[] -> ShakaLakA[]
Berzerker Build

Use magic Report

Expert

ShakaLakA[]

Point
UID
Post time 24-3-2012 01:46:12 |Show all posts
Reserved #2
ProXy[] -> ShakaLakA[]
Berzerker Build

Use magic Report

Expert

ShakaLakA[]

Point
UID
Post time 24-3-2012 01:46:28 |Show all posts
Reserved #3
ProXy[] -> ShakaLakA[]
Berzerker Build

Use magic Report

Expert

t(' ' t)

Point
UID
Post time 24-3-2012 05:04:24 |Show all posts
Posted a skill tree for easy viewing, also corrected afew minor mistakes on the skill levels.

Use magic Report

Expert

ShakaLakA[]

Point
UID
Post time 24-3-2012 05:10:27 |Show all posts
ok thanks, will adjust to the correct lv req
ProXy[] -> ShakaLakA[]
Berzerker Build

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 24-3-2012 05:52:30 |Show all posts
I don't get why you don't max out Bash as a Tank Warrior. It increases your defence when you use it, which I know you stated isn't as important but to be honest: I found it pretty handy when I played Warrior.

Other than that: nice guide

Use magic Report

Expert

ShakaLakA[]

Point
UID
Post time 24-3-2012 07:44:23 |Show all posts
Fowles replied at 24-3-2012 20:52
I don't get why you don't max out Bash as a Tank Warrior. It increases your defence when you use it, ...

When OBT comes out, capped @ lv 55, you can obtain Lv 10 Bash which gives 1370atk + 20% defense

this is just a guideline to lv 40
i went and try with lv 1 bash (i took 2 bash to kill it) and i asked some warrior with lv 6-7 bash whether they are able to 1 hit mob, they told me almost (i'm assuming that bash + normal atk does kill the mob).

you can always sacrifice Phyisique (+aggros +spr) for bash if you plan to do solo runs, why not =)
ProXy[] -> ShakaLakA[]
Berzerker Build

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 24-3-2012 07:53:00 |Show all posts
YoCraZy replied at 24-3-2012 06:44
When OBT comes out, capped @ lv 55, you can obtain Lv 10 Bash which gives 1370atk + 20% defense

t ...

I think I'd rather keep Heroic Spirit low and invest in Bash

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 24-3-2012 08:11:08 |Show all posts
Fowles replied at 24-3-2012 04:52
I don't get why you don't max out Bash as a Tank Warrior. It increases your defence when you use it, ...

Yeah i'm somewhat confuse in the skill build. Don't we need the Bash skill as a Warrior since it gives pretty descent boost in def? Well I don't know much about a tanker build, but anyway thank you so much for this guide you really give me a good idea on how to build my tank warrior, really appreciate your guide =)

Edit: oh i see, you have a reason for not maxing out the Bash skill.

Use magic Report

Expert

ShakaLakA[]

Point
UID
Post time 24-3-2012 08:34:30 |Show all posts
juz fiddle a lil bit around the build, slighty adjustment makes what everyone different =)
juz showing the most extreme way to play your tank

i'll emphasize again, you can use Juggling method (shown above) to deal with heavy mob and mini boss, u can be a sin (i mean any other classes) w low def but still able to crowd control

but we need to focus down on what is the thing that only tank can perform which is the main boss that cannot be juggled and most constantly maintain aggros and keep yourself full of life

it's true so far even my lv 40 fighter i don't find heroic spirit (+15% str) been used to good extend, maybe that's 1 issue maybe the more senior players can feedback upon
ProXy[] -> ShakaLakA[]
Berzerker Build

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 25-3-2012 02:10:54 |Show all posts
Awsome seems fun too bad i found this kinda late

Use magic Report

Expert

ShakaLakA[]

Point
UID
Post time 25-3-2012 02:21:33 |Show all posts
lFenrirl replied at 25-3-2012 17:10
Awsome seems fun too bad i found this kinda late

don't worry, i'll update this version into a Lv 55 along with 2nd job skill info so that people can follow it up in OBT and in 2nd job patch

in fact im updating now... check back in 1hr time
ProXy[] -> ShakaLakA[]
Berzerker Build

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 25-3-2012 02:58:39 |Show all posts
wow awsome thanks

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 25-3-2012 07:47:03 |Show all posts
Very nice.

Use magic Report

Guru

GDO Player

Point
UID
Post time 25-3-2012 08:46:15 |Show all posts
Mr YoCrAzy U only have 10 skill point at 2nd job Thank you ~

Lv 1 to 50 Ea Level With 1 Skill Point
=51 Point
Lv 51 To 60 Ea Level With 2 Skill Point
=20 Skill Point

1st Job With 61 Skill Point   From Lv 1 to 60
2nd Job With 10 Skill Point  From  Lv 40 to 60

Lv 1 to lv 50 = 51 Skill Point For 1st & 2nd Job
Lv 51 to Lv 60 = 20 Skill Point More For 1st & 2nd Job

Use magic Report

Guru

(  ゜Д゜)⊃旦

Point
UID
Post time 25-3-2012 15:13:26 |Show all posts
JeanTay replied at 25-3-2012 09:46
Mr YoCrAzy U only have 10 skill point at 2nd job Thank you ~

Lv 1 to 50 Ea Level With 1 Skill Point ...

Correct the cap on SP for second job is 10 SP consider it a mastery/special tree .

Use magic Report

Expert

ShakaLakA[]

Point
UID
Post time 25-3-2012 17:28:50 |Show all posts
Thx for the updates ^^ let's cont to improve the guide n make it strong for ppl to follow when OB is out
Dat explains 61 max I guess
In order to use all the points, there muz be 10 sp put into 2nd job tree or else there will be extra points left over?
ProXy[] -> ShakaLakA[]
Berzerker Build

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 26-3-2012 05:10:45 |Show all posts
is this build still valuable for pvp?

Use magic Report

Expert

ShakaLakA[]

Point
UID
Post time 26-3-2012 06:49:06 |Show all posts
I highly recommend u go warr -> general becoz gen haf 2 skill dat is superd for pvp

1. Emperor's summon - pull one target to you + 30% movement slow + 500atk dmg @ lv1
2. Projection shield - reflect dmg =D

U can go cross burst lv1 this way then go dueling mastery

Of coz this buid doesn't go into a pvp killer, but u can modify it to be a pvp one, u juz haf to adjust it to either more tank or more dmg u wan against ur opponent, all in all the basic theory of war build is there
ProXy[] -> ShakaLakA[]
Berzerker Build

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|Koramgame

16-5-2021 07:23 GMT-7 , Processed in 0.011580 second(s), 11 queries .