Search
View: 1006|Reply: 7

Suggestion about auction [Copy this link to quote]

Point
UID
Post time 2-12-2014 11:45:46 |Show all posts
Hello STer,

I like to preoccupy myself with marketplace of the game and I want to share my thoughts.  I was thinking to increase the rate of people involving with the market, and my solution would be to not imply any taxes when posting something on the auction. I want to encourage people to use the auction and make the marketplace more busy. That way it give hope to buyers to have a selection of what they could buy and facilitate the sellers to just leave their stuff in sale while being active. What you guys think? Good or Bad and comment
SinglePolls, Total 3 Users voted View Voters

Count down: 31467 Days4 Hours20 min.

66.67% (2)
33.33% (1)
0.00% (0)
0.00% (0)
Your User group have no permission to vote

Guru

Expert toilet flusher

Point
UID
Post time 2-12-2014 11:58:50 |Show all posts
It's not needed because people sell in stalls and there rarely are over 10 stalls at a time. I can tell you it won't happen as it hasn't happened in the tw server either (we never had a special feature or change made exclusively for global server, even though we complained about tons of things throughout the game history).
If they were to invest time (money) in something it should be in fixing the exp curve and advertising the game properly.

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 7-12-2014 06:41:15 |Show all posts
I would like to see a change as I have lots of high priced items to sell and like other people can't always leave my pc on 24/7 to stall them.

I would like to see them take a leaf out of one of X-legends other games where the rule for the auction is 10% of selling price up to a maximum of 10g. I f the 10% works out above 10g then 10g is the max tax you will pay regardless of how much you put the item in the auction for.

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 7-12-2014 08:36:31 |Show all posts
kellow333 replied at 7-12-2014 08:41
I would like to see a change as I have lots of high priced items to sell and like other people can't ...

I was hopping to get people joining with the idea to change the auction system so i may have a chance to convince the ST team to customize it. The idea brings me to this is because the starlight and angel machine are purely customized by the american spirit tales team. So i don't see why they wouldn't customized certain system. However people believe it won't due to the complain for the exp system, but that's a whole different story.

The auction is here to help people to sell their stuff more easily, but if the auction is empty, what's the point of having it. I see lot of people struggling to sell or buy stuff because of the inconvenience of pm and wait the player open the shop.

Your idea sound also wonderful. I love it

Use magic Report

Guru

Expert toilet flusher

Point
UID
Post time 7-12-2014 12:27:18 |Show all posts
The idea brings me to this is because the starlight and angel machine are purely customized by the american spirit tales team. So i don't see why they wouldn't customized certain system. However people believe it won't due to the complain for the exp system, but that's a whole different story.

Not true. This system came like a year ago in tw server, so its not an exclusive. There is a HUGE difference between developing features and changing content such as item mall/capsule machine, which is done by the publisher and not the developer. This kind of change would require developer involvement.

I invite you to check this thread, in which we made a petition long time ago to try to save the game when we noticed the player base was declining. There wasn't any big change:
http://forum.koramgame.com/thread-87591-1-2.html

I'm not trying to bash you, I'm just being down to earth realist

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 7-12-2014 13:33:01 |Show all posts
WretchedEgg replied at 7-12-2014 14:27
Not true. This system came like a year ago in tw server, so its not an exclusive. There is a HUGE d ...

I do experienced lot of games and i can tell that changing exp curve or changing the item mall system are never going anywhere. The game has developed in this way and the only way that the game would change the exp curve is with a huge change (as i experienced with 2 others games). To be honest, changing exp curve won't guarantee keeping players. Just notice that they recently updated the auction system where it used to be 10% tax and now become 5% tax. This is not a feature, it is about content of the system. I personally not agree to change the exp curve to make it easier to reach end game, because there's already exp orb to make life easier to everyone. I believe they introduced it for the exp curve issue. Anyway I know you are being realistic, but this isn't about the exp nor the mall coin system. Personally the more people agree with something, i believe something could work out. The petition didn't even reach the goal of people to make a change. So there's another inconvenient for being accepted for the change.

Use magic Report

Guru

Expert toilet flusher

Point
UID
Post time 7-12-2014 17:24:15 |Show all posts
I do experienced lot of games and i can tell that changing exp curve or changing the item mall system are never going anywhere. The game has developed in this way and the only way that the game would change the exp curve is with a huge change (as i experienced with 2 others games). To be honest, changing exp curve won't guarantee keeping players.

An empty game makes active players quit, that is a fact, many people have left (or don't want to come back) for that reason. Do you know how hard it is for lower level players to find partners for running dungeons? have you ever checked how dead mtl aid chat is compared to how it was an year ago? If people make it to end-game they are more likely to stay since they will have probably made a group of friends by then, plus people would feel more attached to their progress if they made it to end-game.
Also, whales are more likely to spend money in a game that is more lively, so it's a win-win for koram since end-game content requires decent gear (which will end up in people spending more money in the mall).
I know it's not simple but the exp curve has been adjusted in other versions of the game so I'm just pointing out something that can be realistically be changed if x-legend really wanted to.

I personally not agree to change the exp curve to make it easier to reach end game, because there's already exp orb to make life easier to everyone. I believe they introduced it for the exp curve issue.

If they wanted to fix the exp curve they would have done it by actually fixing it. They introduced orbs because they know there is a casual niche that prefers afking rather than playing. I'm not against the existence of orbs but  the current situation forces you to spend mall coins or insane amounts of time doing the boring referral event in order to get orbs rather than enjoying the game content that is already out there. People who spend money on orbs would still buy them even if they adjusted the exp curve because they are lazy or they want to progress while they do other stuff in real life.  I know some changes have been made but +60 forces you to orb (or afk with highly geared chars) since no one does cq's.

Just notice that they recently updated the auction system where it used to be 10% tax and now become 5% tax. This is not a feature, it is about content of the system.

This was a change that has also happened in the tw server and the rest of gdo versions long ago, hence it's a server side feature, it was not made by koram themselves. I agree that auction is a mechanic that might need to be fixed, but it won't "revive the game" to its old glory as other changes might.
I'll repeat it, changing this sort of things is not as easy as flipping a switch for koram and neither is adjusting exp curve and that's why they never happen.

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 7-12-2014 17:39:07 |Show all posts
WretchedEgg replied at 7-12-2014 19:24
An empty game makes active players quit, that is a fact, many people have left (or don't want to co ...

It doesn't mean that one thing didn't work that you need to bash all other suggestions. Exp things aren't something that koramgame would like to change and you just showed. I don't mind if you like to pursue your speech, but consider that exp isn't a matter to take consideration for this suggestion or any other suggestion that isn't link with exp curve, end-game, item mall. This is a forum to share though and not to bashing others speech. Would you mind to take your ''experienced'' acknowledge a side and comment on what it is essential. Thanks

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|Koramgame

12-12-2019 07:31 GMT-7 , Processed in 0.015510 second(s), 13 queries .