Search
View: 1341|Reply: 5

Guard/Forest Guard Build Advice [Copy this link to quote]

Point
UID
Post time 18-11-2013 23:23:58 |Show all posts
I'm new to this game(but not MMOs), and I was looking for some general advice on the class and build tips.

The build I came up with after searching the forums is here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.co ... b3e3f5555d51c15c3i1

I'm pretty satisfied with it, with only a few questions:
1 - Agility Power/Concentrated Force/Energy Concentration. I'm kinda tempted to fit them in somehow, but I don't know if it's entirely worth it. I just want a breakdown of what I would get from them and why it is or is not worth it.

2 - Mountain God's Anger. I understand the value of an immobilizing/slowing skill, but...Sacred Tree Ceremony is so good~ Do I really need it, because I'm dying to put that point in there. (hnng why can't I just max it dangit 10 point limit)

3 - Just nitpicking really, but I could bring Spirit Hare Hurl to 6 by taking a point out of something else. It's fine as is, but if I'm not hurting anything by moving a point then why not?

A thanks in advance from a Lv. 22 newbie!

Guru

Expert toilet flusher

Point
UID
Post time 18-11-2013 23:53:04 |Show all posts
Hello there. I'm WretchedEgg in-game and I'm a guard too (pvp predator). When it comes down to guards first of all you must decide whether you want to build a tank or a dps (and if you want to focus on pvp).

Anyway here are a few comments on your questions:
Agility Power/Concentrated Force/Energy Concentration. I'm kinda tempted to fit them in somehow, but I don't know if it's entirely worth it. I just want a breakdown of what I would get from them and why it is or is not worth it.

Concentrated force: is a very important skill since it reduces magical damage. A big part of being a guard is reducing damage, whether you want to play pve or pvp. So max this skill.
Energy concentration: If you have the right pets & gear you wont need this.
Agility Power: If you just want to pve then you might find it useful as tank. If you are planning to do pvp then don't spend points here.

Mountain God's Anger. I understand the value of an immobilizing/slowing skill, but...Sacred Tree Ceremony is so good~ Do I really need it, because I'm dying to put that point in there. (hnng why can't I just max it dangit 10 point limit)

If you are going to pvp then it's a point well spent. It's very useful when you get close to a ranged class and you don't want them to run away.

Just nitpicking really, but I could bring Spirit Hare Hurl to 6 by taking a point out of something else. It's fine as is, but if I'm not hurting anything by moving a point then why not?

I think there are a lot of things that needs to be changed about your build. First of all, the vigorous skill tree is a waste at end-game, they don't add much compared to what proper gear & pets can give you. It's better to spend points elsewhere.

A few other comments on your build:
- Choosing the correct aura: Spirit turtle resistance aint worth it in the long run. If you want to tank focus hunting eagle dash aura since tanks rely heavily on dodge for pve. If you want to pvp then go for fire phoenix aura.

- Guard blast: Don't spend points there. The additional damage is not worth it. The nice thing about guards is their double hit/triple hit capability. Its better to spend points on double damage skills such as fierce tiger combo/liberated power. You would have to spend points in the phoenix aura if you want to spam fierce tiger combo/liberated power.

Anyway, let me know if you want to focus on pve or pvp, and if whether you want to just tank on pve or you want to murder people on pvp so I can guide you properly.

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 19-11-2013 00:56:36 |Show all posts
WretchedEgg replied at 19-11-2013 14:53
Hello there. I'm WretchedEgg in-game and I'm a guard too (pvp predator). When it comes down to guard ...

Guard Blast actually does a lot of damage with the Mastery: Guard Blast and Spirit Turtle Resistance. Area of effect becomes 6m (similar to a mastered Frostbite) and it deals a 2nd hit that deals 60-70% of the first one. Increasing the levels of Guard Blast also increases its damage by 2% per level, which is better than a 2% atk boost for the skill.

The regeneration Spirit Turtle Resistance may not be worth it but the Defense reduction is decent, especially for physical builds. Reducing the defense of a target with 75% defense by 20% brings it down to 60%. That means a 2.5k damage can go to 4k, which is a 60% damage boost.

If you want to win MAC with an Enforcer, which is a weekly competition among people of the same base class (it rewards you with a really nice buff for the week and boxes that can get you some costumes and other decent items), then I suggest you go for something like this
LINK

You'd want to get yourself a dodge PvP set. Dodge + anti-stun is a very nice combo. Also, it gives you the chance to remove an enemy's buff, which guards heavily rely on

Mountain God's Anger allows you to kite your opponent and and keep yourself out of Fierce Tiger Combo and Liberated Power's range while you try to remove buffs from your opponent with Guard Blast or inflict Terror on them with Hunting Eagle Dash when they're out of Spirit Form. By then, you should be able to come close to them and stun with your pet's stun (or Boxing King Combo if for some reason, it's dead) and try to kill them with Guard Blast + Spirit Turtle Resistance

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 19-11-2013 01:42:11 |Show all posts
Thanks for the responses! I was planning on being more tank than DPS, and was thinking about a mainly PvE hybrid build if such a thing is possible, but if not then I'd just default to full PvE.

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 19-11-2013 02:25:03 |Show all posts
Kuro Ariev replied at 19-11-2013 16:42
Thanks for the responses! I was planning on being more tank than DPS, and was thinking about a mainl ...

Well personally, I don't think Enforcers shine much in PvE. I recommend just going for a basic physical Predator. They have high enough defenses to tank and can deal huge damage to take hold of aggression.

Something like LINK

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 19-11-2013 05:01:10 |Show all posts
At the end of the day, when it comes to PvE, you really only need damage. Everything else comes second. The hardest hurdle will be leveling, and during these levels your build won't make much of a difference anyway.

Really, for PvE, you can do whatever the hell you want. And I guess I agree with your build.

It's true though, that um... Predators (?) are better than... Enforcers (god, these names) when it comes to PvE. Their extra damage boost in third job makes them far superior to Enforces in damage. Combined with the resistance-lowering Armor Piercing Fist, they can do damage that can almost be compared to that of a Stormcaller.

Overall though, if you're just playing for the PvE aspect of the game you shouldn't be too worried about builds. Personal preference is key in PvE, so yes, you could probably remove the immobilize skill if you choose to play an Enforcer (however I would keep it).

Edit:

One thing.

Unless the opponent has a defense reduction of less than ~40 - 45%, -20% defense is better than +15% critical.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|Koramgame

16-6-2019 11:47 GMT-7 , Processed in 0.007864 second(s), 10 queries .