Search
View: 2577|Reply: 8

~Illu -> Stormcaller [Copy this link to quote]

Point
UID
Post time 12-10-2013 09:51:52 |Show all posts
Hi guys! I have been really into the new class, Illusionist.

I'm planning on making 2 new chars; 1 as an attacker (StormCaller) & another as a Summoner.

I'm just taking it to prediction that the Illu has been introduced as a "support" char, so being that said i know people will be posting builds for healer Illus. So i am just waiting for a decent healer skill build to be posted. What i am bothered about is the SC's skill build. So i've been doing a lil prediction skill build.

Feel free to throw criticisms

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/70352935/STOCalc2/9.html?1ab3d5b13c5b5c5b53e11d555511o1

*NOTE* Its still on a lvl60 build, i cannot understand yet the other skill descriptions on some of the skills on SC skill tree since its on i think chinese or korean (w/e)

Point
UID
Post time 12-10-2013 10:28:26 |Show all posts
Firstable you used over +7 Skill points on the Illusionist tree

The Ghost Charm path i wouldn't and didn't get it its 15 points i think wasted a little bit.

Blade of Violence got a Awful CD and since you going on dps path you need high damage so getting cast speed will be a waste of points just to reduce cool down of this one

no area skill neither if you get rounded by mobs you planing to kill them 1 by 1?
i would get Lightning Stroke for Fixing this

No Ghost Aid? its dps and you don't like that 3% attack?

That Parry +15% umm . . . i would better get iron wall array for switching if the things get bad

Also you forgot the skills for Shademorph

Lightning claw technice ~ 2
illusory Spirit ~ 2
Front Line battle ~2

So at level 60 it would look something like this

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.co ... 5c5c3f6g511f4d2c221

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 12-10-2013 12:10:40 |Show all posts
ok, noted.
thunder blade is the main spam skill right?

why not get MYSTIC SHIELD?
it does give an ample amount of reasonable parry %.
how about LUNAR CHOP? you won't advise getting it too since it deals thunder dmg and adds stun too?

and im thinking of not giving iron wall pts since im also gonna go dual and make a full support illu (summoner).

*OFF TOPIC* Pls post your healer illu skill build xXAngieXx

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 12-10-2013 14:05:44 |Show all posts
Why Not Mystic Shield?

I know it does give 15% parry i just found 15% block rate not really a worth thing for a this class note that is just my opinion i wouldn't get it
Lunar Chop i got it Maxed too but since your build is different from mine you got not enough points left to max it

And Iron Wall its a Life Savior when tanking its better to heal 250 hp + 250 hp in party than 15% of parry

I did neither got Thunder Blade instead of knocking back i like stunning  sadly only 2.5 secs but that would be a life savior also we can change this if you are really skill at using pet scenery's Alt + F in the exact moment

And still Working on the Theory from the post to explain why i get the skills and such so wait for it n.n

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 12-10-2013 19:03:58 |Show all posts
KenNiCan replied at 13-10-2013 05:10
ok, noted.
thunder blade is the main spam skill right?

Let's see, let's see, let's see.

Edit/note: assume 7 points in the Flame Healing skill from the start.

I'm looking at Angie's build, since she already corrected some of the things in your first build. However, Blade of Violence would have been a good skill if it hit a larger area... so if it wasn't 3 meters it would be worth getting one point. But it's not, so don't get it.

Anyway.

First thing I'm going to say is remove 5 points from Lightning Stoke. The extra attack means almost nothing at later levels.

Thunder Blade.
People seem to like it, so I'll say get 1 point. It's the only skill that can attack one opponent (I think). Leveling it up only adds damage (which is okay, but it's not so big that it will change your life), and knockback. The knockback isn't even 100%, which is annoying. Considering Lunar Chop and Lightning Stroke far outdamage this skill--- well, it's up to you. Knockback isn't all that annoying for your opponents, but stun is. I guess you can use this skill  for bosses to keep knocking them back... almost permanently. Not much use.

The luck bonus from Burning Fire is another thing that would be optional. I don't think Illusionists are going to have a hell of a lot of Luck stat, so the extra 15% wouldn't be anything more than 2 - 3% hit and less than 2% m-crit. It's probably better not to get it.

As for what Angie is saying about Ironwall, I agree. She convinced me that it was good, and it does seem to be. At level 5 it says it heals 400 per second (for yourself, that is 'cause 227 + 177) which is almost the same as Renewal. However, the skill actually heals more (not sure how much), so maybe 500+. You'd have to test for yourself, though. The defense is another bonus.

The reason you wouldn't get +15% parry is because it doesn't make much of a difference. As a magic class, you're not going to have a lot of STR, meaning not a lot of parry. Usually you get parry from the following:

+8 wand = 5%.
Pet skill = 7%.
Pet gold skill = 20% of WIS (1k WIS = 200 parry)
Sigil = 7%

So overall that would be 200 parry + 19%
=27%

However, as a DPS the only thing you might get is the sigil.
It's probably best not to worry about parry anyway. Usually only tanks and healers get it... so. But +15% parry won't get you anymore than like 2 - 3%.

You have 7 points left. You can get cast speed, AGI, move speed, Recovery Fire, Thunder Blade etc. If you want to max the healing skill or Thunder Blade, just remove however many points you want from Defending Array.

In second job, it's probably good to get the Refined Skill for Flame Healing, which increases your attack by +15%. Only one point, too. The other 3 points can go into... ooh, I dunno. It seems that the move speed/m-crit buff only works for normal attacks, lol. Wherever you want.

Finally, third job.

4 points in the +lightning damage, 4 points in the buff, 1 point in the WIS - m-crit and the last point wherever you want (this is for a level 70 build).

The final build should look like this:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.co ... 3bad1g5b11e5d4b41b1

• 7 spare points in first job.
  • 3 spare points in second job.
  • 1 spare point in third job.

And you're done.

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 12-10-2013 20:39:42 |Show all posts
Oki Firsst Thing Nick that build you Gave its for level 68 so theres something wrong on it
Besides that seems like an interersting DPS Build. . .

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 12-10-2013 21:30:52 |Show all posts
xXAngieXx replied at 13-10-2013 13:39
Oki Firsst Thing Nick that build you Gave its for level 68 so theres something wrong on it  
Besid ...

That's because I didn't use all the points.
Unless you're asking why it's over the cap?
70 cap is in two months.

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 12-10-2013 22:08:33 |Show all posts
Two Months wow you are way ahead me XD i barely did the build for lvl 50 cause its as far as i get and you are alrdy on cap 70 gg for me jaja i see

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 14-10-2013 01:10:16 |Show all posts
i would like to have both of your opinions for an illu->stormcaller PvE skill build.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|Koramgame

10-12-2019 04:42 GMT-7 , Processed in 0.008008 second(s), 10 queries .