Search
View: 10008|Reply: 8

[Guide] Gems [Copy this link to quote]

Point
UID

Expert Guide Medal Newbie Guide Medal Wartune Mod

Post time 11-7-2013 12:25:47 |Show all posts

Hello Everyone!

So I thought I'd make a little gem guide. Once again I will get some of my information from the Wartune Wiki and the rest is written by me alone. I hope this guide will help explain how gems work and if you have any questions or wish to add anything, please pm me with the information, so we don't get too much spam with random info in replies) and I will add your information to the list as well as give you credits for it of course

Where can I get gems?

Gems can be obtained in the Forgotten Catacombs, guild altar, daily 95 devotion and the VIP wheel.

What type of gems are there?

There are 8 kinds of gems, they are the following:

Physical Attack Gem
Physical Defense Gem
Magic Attack Gem
Magic Defense Gem
Crit Gem
HP Gem
Charisma Gem
Block Gem

Which gem is good for me?

Well this depends on your playstyle. To make it simple I will explain each gem.

Physical Attack Gem: This gem is used by Knights and Archers. It gives you physical attack damage.

Physical Defense Gem: This gem is used mainly by mages. This gem gives Physical defense and since knights and archers start off with more PDEF they don't need to stack this gem as much as mages.

Magic Attack Gem: This gem is only used by mages as it gives magic attack damage.

Magic Defense Gem: This gem is used mainly by archers and knights. Mages start with more MDEF (just like archers and knights start with more PDEF) and therefor don't need to stack this gem as much.

Crit Gem: This gem is mainly used by archers. However, mages can also stack it, it depends on your gameplay and what astrals you use. If you as a mage use the crit- and the enhanced determination astral, mages should in this case stack crit as well, for more damage. Crit is based on luck, the more crit you have, the higher chance of actually critting you have, however some mages would rather have higher "normal" damage so they used the Will destroyer astral, like I said, it depends on what you want to go as. Either way, this gem is mainly focused on Archers since they crit easier because of the skill "Eye of the Eagle".

HP Gem: This gem is used by all classes. It gives you more health.

Charisma Gem: This gem is not a gem you'd normally use and it has low priority to all classes. This gem gives you troop count. However this gem can be used in the Forgotten Catacombs.

Block Gem: This gem is mainly used by knights, since they gain HP each time they block. But it can also be used (rarely however) by other classes to reduce the damage taken.

The information provided is not written in stone, like I wrote it is up to you and your kind of playstyle that decides what gems you want to use.

How do I put gems into my gear?

Open up your Blacksmith either by clicking the building in your town, press the button T on your keyboard or press the little anvil in the bottom right of your gamescreen. Once the blacksmith is open, click the "Socket" tab. Put the item you want socketed in the middle slot and drag the gem you want into the open slot.

How do I open up more slots?

You can open up more slots by obtaining socketing rods. These can be obtained in PVP battleground chests, Cross server reward chest, guild altar (guild blessing), some low level quests, the daily login the first 7 days of your gameplay. You can also buy them for balens in the Market and the Shop. Once you have socket rods, click the "open a socket" and it will let you put another gem into that slot.

What is the yellow socket slot for?

That socket slot is for legendary items. Once your item is legendary (orange color, you upgrade it in the blacksmith as well but that's for another guide ;) ), you can open that last socket up as well and fit a 4th gem into your item.

Where can I get the patterns for the level 5+ gems?

Level 5 gem patterns can be obtained through 2 quests. The PATK/MATK gem patern you get from completing The Graveyard multiplayer dungeon first time. And the PDEF level 5 gem pattern you can get by completing The Bloodlands multiplayer dungeon. Other than that, the patterns can be bought in the shop for balens. The cost for the gem patterns looks like this:

I have a gem I currently don't use and never will, is there a way to change it to something more useful?

The answer to this question is simple, yes. If you open up your Blacksmithing tab again, go to the last tab called Convert. Put in the gem you want to convert and hit the convert button. As you can see this costs gold. The higher level gem the more it costs, however it's cheaper to convert a high level gem into something you need than low level gems and then having to synthesise them into high level (as this costs too). Personally I suggest you don't convert any gems below level 3. The cost for the converting per gem is the following:

How do I upgrade my gems to a higher level?

To level up your gems you do it the same way you level up your luckstones. Go to the Blacksmith, click on Synthesise and the "Gem" tab. There you can upgrade your gems to a higher level. You need 4 of the same gem to upgrade it to the next level and this goes all the way up to level 8. To upgrade level 8-10 gems you need only 3 of the same kind. So to simplify it: 4 level 5 gems --> 1 level 6 gem and so on. Each gem level gives different amount of effect. This is what the effects look like for the gem levels 1-9:

I hope you like the guide and if there's anything else you'd like to add, please send me a private message and let me know and I will add it to the guide and give you credits for the information provided, thanks!

Attachment: You have to Login to download or view attachment(s). No Account?
Have 2 people ratedPoint Pack Reason
Demorgan@inbox.ru + 6 Very nice!
c1h4d + 6 Usefull

Total score: Point + 12   View Rating Log

Guild master of â™ Originâ™ 
Server: S3
Character: Eresea

Point
UID
Post time 17-7-2013 08:09:35 |Show all posts
short summary:
what's the most ridiculous fact about gems here?

if you want to get above lvl5 gem you have to pay ;)

Use magic Report

Expert

Kori

Point
UID

Expert Guide Medal Newbie Guide Medal Badge of Love KG Photographer

Post time 17-7-2013 11:00:36 |Show all posts
Nice guide, you updated it right?  Also, are you 100% guaranteed to get a lv9 scroll by passing lv10 necropolis or is it by chance?

Use magic Report

Point
UID

Newbie Guide Medal

Post time 17-7-2013 11:31:56 |Show all posts
What I'd like to know is how people are able open up the 4th socket on equipment. Cause as far as I can see, a socketing rod doesn't work. Or do you have to be of various requirement to get it open?

Use magic Report

Expert

Kori

Point
UID

Expert Guide Medal Newbie Guide Medal Badge of Love KG Photographer

Post time 17-7-2013 11:44:13 |Show all posts
Serafine replied at 17-7-2013 11:31
What I'd like to know is how people are able open up the 4th socket on equipment. Cause as far as I  ...

As far as I know, only epic equipment, like the lv40-50-60-70 Legendary sets, can have a 4th socket opened, but on those you Can use a socketing rod

Use magic Report

Point
UID

Post time 17-7-2013 13:15:53 |Show all posts
Hi guys, glad you like the guide!

Issnye, yea it sucks a little

Morri, yes the guide is up-to-date About the scroll, from what I can see when you complete level 10 you get a random level 3 or level 4 gem and a gem transposer scroll. So it should be 100% but I can't be absolutely sure, I haven't completed the lvl 10 myself yet However I'm sure you can only get it once (obviously since you can't learn the pattern several times) so I think it's like a big reward for completing a very hard level and that should in that case be 100% I will try to find out the correct answer however and let you know!

Serafine, to be able to open the 4th socket, the item needs to be a synthesized legendary (orange) item. Then you can use a socketing rod on it. If you cant, you have found a bug

Use magic Report

Point
UID

Newbie Guide Medal

Post time 17-7-2013 16:48:47 |Show all posts
Okay thanks for the information Morri and Eresea, appreciate it.

Use magic Report

Point
UID

Post time 17-7-2013 21:27:42 |Show all posts
Serafine replied at 18-7-2013 00:48
Okay thanks for the information Morri and Eresea, appreciate it.

*bows* Anytime

Use magic Report

Point
UID

TKO Expert

Post time 29-7-2013 23:11:21 |Show all posts
lv 10 tormented not 100 % drop scroll
Brokenheart U30 & S76

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|Koramgame

15-12-2019 17:41 GMT-7 , Processed in 0.014400 second(s), 13 queries .