Search
View: 1053|Reply: 7

MSB Point System [Copy this link to quote]

Point
UID
Post time 15-3-2013 07:13:23 |Show all posts
As you know, many players play MSB for the points in the end. It is also a fun time for players to work together from different servers and war against each other. However, I believe the current point system lacks the focus towards non-GOLD users.
In my opinion and I hope many of you agree, I believe there should be a system where it allows players whom support larger players to win some points through their support. I see many smaller players coming to MSB for the sole purpose of supporting big players & in the end they win minimal or close to 0 points. The system already acknowledges that players with large defense points is due to the support of their league mates hence minimal points is rewarded for defense. But what about the players who actually sent the support? They receive no points for their team work! I know many will say most of the supports is multi-accounts but what about the actual players who aren't multis? All games have people cheating with multi-accounts. In my opinion there should be a third ranking page, where it provides points for players who provide support.

I know it will be difficult to decide a fair system but one possible one could be a ranking system where it provides points to supporters based on how much the defender killed, divided by the fraction the player's troops make up.

For example, 20k wave crashes into a wall. A supporter's troops make up 30% of the defending troops. Hence, 30% of the troops crashed points should be rewarded to him. This will encourage players to work together.

Open to suggestions.
MultiplePolls: ( Maximum 2 choices ), Total 23 Users voted
Your User group have no permission to vote
Have 1 people ratedPoint Pack Reason
lalalala + 5 Usefull

Total score: Point + 5   View Rating Log

Band to Visit

"high" wizard

Point
UID

TKO Thread Master TKO Super Guru TKO Guru TKO Expert Wise Lord

Post time 15-3-2013 10:10:05 |Show all posts
Note: The author has been banned or deleted.

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 15-3-2013 11:24:12 |Show all posts
Good Idea
Hail TKO! hail SnD!
(s14 to L2)(s42 to U34)(s84 to U00)(s67 to U37)

Use magic Report

Point
UID

TKO Expert TKO Guru

Post time 15-3-2013 11:41:01 |Show all posts
i fully agree with you. However XuSheng is also correct. They would have to re-write the code to accommodate this and bugs may arise from it.

My suggestion is that the suppoted should reward the supporter to help encourage future assistance.
My server did this for the recently concluded MSB . Altho it was jus the top 3 performers, it still showed that those that actually played a large part in MSB can still be rewarded even if KORAM could not do so with points.

Use magic Report

Point
UID

TKO Expert TKO Guru TKO Super Guru

Post time 15-3-2013 12:24:51 |Show all posts
Note: The author has been banned or deleted.
The one and only noob - Dum_Dum - u32 Emp

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 16-3-2013 00:15:39 |Show all posts
Yes I know they will have to re-do the system. But, another possibility is to allow players to distribute their points. For example, a top defender can distribute his points to other players on HIS SERVER. I suggest that it be only to his own server to encourage players to play alongside players on their own server. At the moment, we know we have a few big and popular players who receive support all across the board from all servers. This makes it almost impossible to penetrate their defenses. If players choose to selflessly support them than so be it, but maybe the point system can atone for players whom wish to play defender.  

Use magic Report

Point
UID

TKO Expert TKO Guru

Post time 16-3-2013 00:31:09 |Show all posts
LemonSquishie replied at 16-3-2013 15:15
Yes I know they will have to re-do the system. But, another possibility is to allow players to distr ...

altho you make a very good point, you need to also look at the fact that koram never forced anyone to actually play support. It is up to the individual to do that.
knowing that def points will be given to the city owner who is under attack it is up to u to either choose to support others or defend your city alone so u can claim points.

As i indicated in my previous post in this thread, the person getting the support should reward the supporter rather than expect koram to reward them. Plus defense points are not any big value. The top defender gets jus 100 points. so how is it that you expect this to be shared? plus as u said it is from many servers the person gets support so how can it be fair jus to reward the server the account came from?

persons can still look to gain points from siege and attack. i think if you playing defense/support you can still gain alot of points from siege (as i have seen most defenders do). Asking for points to be rewarded in ones server, im sure will be rejected.

I think ppl mainly support gold users in MSB. Therefore i dont see a problem with a gold users gifting a 7-day EO or something to his main supporter(s). I know a few ppl spend like 7k or more in MSB, so what is 99 gold gift?

I will say that altho you making a reasonable request, you should really think about how system is designed to allow the player to choose what role they want to play in MSB. It is their choice not a MUST.
Have 1 people ratedPoint Pack Reason
danielng1980 + 10 Powerfull!

Total score: Point + 10   View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 30-4-2013 02:20:28 |Show all posts
you know how hard this would be? i have done coding and what you're suggesting takes many things into consideration. Like distributing the defense points, etc. There will be a debate especially who gets how many defense points.

Imagine if 50players defended 1 spot. Each with different amounts of defense. etc... and then the calculations of bonus and such. AND troops defense are broken down to CAV-DEF and INF-DEF. Both would be calculated differently after an attack. Different impacts all the time. Its complicated to code.. time consuming, doesn't make koram profit, and likely will be messy leading to more complaints.

A hassle. i think there's other probs that needs to be taken care of before something like this.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|Koramgame

29-6-2017 05:23 GMT-7 , Processed in 0.013707 second(s), 14 queries .