Search
Author: Gia Cat Luong

duel/scrimage security check [Copy this link to quote]

Point
UID

TKO Expert

Post time 19-2-2013 02:00:56 |Show all posts
My last point. when you have one account that you have spammed general etc etc. Duels allow you to get tokens etc to give to your legal multi account once a server merges as there is no restriction on passing items between your accounts. Difference between say baron and infante etc etc could mean quite a bit of extra parking

Use magic Report

High Wizard

A dead person becomes immortal

Point
UID

TKO Mod/Adm TKO Super Guru TKO Guru TKO Expert The Best Terrific Attacker The Best Terrific Defender Wise Lord

Post time 19-2-2013 03:13:37 |Show all posts
wuxian replied at 19-2-2013 16:58
so we are comparing BOT usage to terrorism and drugs??? wow I did not know they were so bad. Capit ...

Yes we are. Low in statistics, yet vital for the integrity of the game, similar to running a country. It's also the best way, such that we are 99.99% sure that bots can't bypass that.

Using analogy: Airport checks, X-rays, etc.

I think I have explained the answer why it will not change... Laxing the rules will only mean more people using bots.

Use magic Report

Point
UID

TKO Guru TKO Expert

Post time 19-2-2013 04:02:35 |Show all posts
GeorgeBush replied at 19-2-2013 00:21
Like I have said, it's for the integrity of the game. Koram hates three types of people:

1) Multi ...

TKO Players HATE 1 Type of People :

1) GeorgeBush

Use magic Report

Point
UID

TKO Expert

Post time 19-2-2013 04:39:55 |Show all posts
GeorgeBush replied at 19-2-2013 18:13
Yes we are. Low in statistics, yet vital for the integrity of the game, similar to running a count ...

George seriously, who are you related to that works for Koram. I can not believe that a biased one sided, non flexible person who obviously has no business skills what so ever has been allowed to moderate for so long without being a relative of someone who has some pull in Koram game. Have you ever stopped and wondered why so few people have anything positive to say about your opinions on this forum. You compare a computer game to running a country. Sorry mate but I choose to ignore your opinion on this subject as I feel I would get a better and more relevant response from my dog.
Have 1 people ratedPoint Pack Reason
longlaw + 6 ^_^

Total score: Point + 6   View Rating Log

Use magic Report

High Wizard

Point
UID

TKO Mod/Adm TKO Super Guru TKO Guru TKO Expert The Best Terrific Attacker The Best Terrific Defender Wise Lord

Post time 19-2-2013 10:10:48 |Show all posts
rebourcet replied at 19-2-2013 19:02
TKO Players HATE 1 Type of People :

1) GeorgeBush

Suck it up.

Use magic Report

High Wizard

Point
UID

Post time 19-2-2013 10:15:52 |Show all posts
wuxian replied at 19-2-2013 19:39
George seriously, who are you related to that works for Koram. I can not believe that a biased one ...

Well your opinions are one sided too. One side that agrees and one that don't. I moderated it by telling you guys the other side of the story. You can't simply hear one side of the story and throw away the rest, no?

Have you seen TKO long ago, before this was put in place? Bots all over. Anti-bots programs were put in place, but it went haywire and went banning anybody who did excessive duels. Typing 4 digit codes is the best way, be glad it existed or you guys will be complaining that no one is dealing with bots.

Less people offending does not mean nobody offending.

And my inference on using a country to compare game management, is based on one aspect: If little people commit a certain type of offense, it does not mean the rules can be lax. You did not understand my point, that even with a mere 3.9% drug offenders and smugglers, the world hasn't lax their enforcement yet. Likewise to bot usage. You are telling Koram to give up in preventing bots because "little people is using bots, therefore Koram shouldn't care about them". They broke the Terms of Service.

As for multi accounts... I did feedback to Koram to kill them.

Capchas will not be removed and that is final. You guys have to understand it's purpose of existence, in order to criticize it! Why would Koram want to torture you for nothing? Also, I am merely explaining the rationale behind having such functions. If it's really that bad, I would have requested Koram to pry it down 2 years ago!

(It doesn't hurt to type 4 digits which merely takes seconds)

P.S. I am a small entrepreneur as well while studying, with many years in leadership, be it game and real life. If I am really what you think I am, I wouldn't have been that successful in life at such a young age. Please don't look down at my age.

And also, for clarification, I do not work for Koram, neither do I own it. But what I can give is my experience, knowledge, and something not many have: Hardwork.

Use magic Report

Band to Visit

"high" wizard

Point
UID

TKO Thread Master TKO Super Guru TKO Guru TKO Expert Wise Lord

Post time 19-2-2013 10:51:26 |Show all posts
Note: The author has been banned or deleted.

Use magic Report

High Wizard

Point
UID

Post time 19-2-2013 11:00:03 |Show all posts
XuSheng - S1/U1 replied at 20-2-2013 01:51
if youre going to liken drug use to dueling then those captchas would be like a twice daily urine  ...

I was referring to airport checks and other counter-measures to curb drug smuggling.

Let's say if the ideas in this suggestion is put in place.

1) 1 check in x amount of duels - Therefore I can bot for X amount before the message comes.
2) 1 check per day - Bot users will be very happy. They key in the capcha and go afk while activating his bot for 24 hours round the clock.

It will turn the capcha function redundant.

Use magic Report

Point
UID

TKO Super Guru TKO Guru TKO Expert Wise Lord

Post time 19-2-2013 11:03:16 |Show all posts
BOTs did used to be more common and maybe code is important but please dont give us a straight NO as we are the ones paying for the game and you can feedback to reduce number of times it pops up. Its highly annoying.

You dont own koram, I thought part of your job is feeback what players think/want so please GB do us some good and try and reduce times it comes up at least because that will still prevent BOT usage in duelling area.

"Thank you"
Have 1 people ratedPoint Pack Reason
-Bulldog- + 5 very good way to put it

Total score: Point + 5   View Rating Log

[Inactive]Taking a TKO break.

Break over S100 let it be a good one!

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 19-2-2013 11:22:25 |Show all posts
just wanna throw my 2 cents into this. not wanting to sound like a suck up but GB is 100% right in whats he's saying. Koram has put in place a system to stop ppl using bots and it WORKS!! (probably a first for koram, lol). What if they didnt have this system in place?????? answer: there will be thread after thread about koram doing nothing about bots and cheaters, blah blah.

It's a 4 digit number that takes seconds to do. There are alot of other things yous should be moaning about. like koram putting ppl on gold bans when they should just freeze the account until its is paid back.

theres no need to insult a mod (GB) just because you dont like his answer. ive read post after post insulting GB and he never insults back. put yourself in his shoes (i know what ppl will say hes a mod and should expect it) if you are insulted and insulted your attitude will start to get shitty, right? talk (type) to ppl the way yous like beening spoke to.
DD

Use magic Report

Point
UID

TKO Guru TKO Expert

Post time 19-2-2013 13:51:54 |Show all posts
wuxian replied at 19-2-2013 16:58
so we are comparing BOT usage to terrorism and drugs??? wow I did not know they were so bad. Capit ...

hahaha, u make me wake up and not feeling sleepy anymore bro cause i was thinking of cap pun for those tko pro, tech, and cust serv.

Use magic Report

Band to Visit

"high" wizard

Point
UID

Post time 19-2-2013 14:04:00 |Show all posts

Use magic Report

Point
UID

TKO Guru TKO Expert

Post time 19-2-2013 14:04:11 |Show all posts
XuSheng - S1/U1 replied at 20-2-2013 01:51
if youre going to liken drug use to dueling then those captchas would be like a twice daily urine  ...

hahaha, great bro, this is a very smart example and i bet gb cant counter yours...hahaha

Use magic Report

Point
UID

TKO Guru TKO Expert

Post time 19-2-2013 14:14:24 |Show all posts
GeorgeBush replied at 20-2-2013 01:15
Well your opinions are one sided too. One side that agrees and one that don't. I moderated it by t ...

hey gb, u said (It doesn't hurt to type 4 digits which merely takes seconds). u r right if it is one time. NOW, try that with over 200 heroes and dueling your way from citizen to lord for 3 IDs. then u come back here and telling me how u feel.

i am currently dueling my way to generalisimo for 3 IDs and aiming for lord of qin on 2 of them (HAHAHA, dont stop me guys, thank you very much). but i am now in lord, infante, and could go to infante the third ID if i want. so my dream is big, my aim is high and u guys stop me from my dream. u go duel like that with OVER 200 heroes and use up all your 15 chances EVERYDAY, then tell us how u feel ok ? if u cant do that then u can start your imagination on how that feels and tell us.

Use magic Report

Point
UID

TKO Guru TKO Expert

Post time 19-2-2013 14:18:01 |Show all posts
i bet whoever said the security is ok then that person does not do the dueling. that why they dont feel the PAIN of having to wake up while laying down playing tko on the bed or couch.

oh, and btw, bot cant do the duel all day long cause of stamina as well. so one bad heroes can have 1/2 duels, ok heroes can get to 3/4 duels, good heroes can get u about 5/6 duels, and best heroes can get u about 10 max. but i bet heavy golders with best heroes, they dont duel at all cause to them those are waste of them. so using bot still dont cause that much of damage at all. integrity of the game, yes i respect that but u hurt more players than u protecting them. is anyone hurt in L and U servers ? i bet only non gold and very light golder r dueling and what the chance of them hurting heavy golder ? none.

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 19-2-2013 20:06:45 |Show all posts
George Bush is right lads. leave him alone! He answered your question. Doesn't matter how he still did! Leave the poor bastard alone!

Use magic Report

High Wizard

Point
UID

Post time 20-2-2013 07:23:47 |Show all posts
XuSheng - S1/U1 replied at 20-2-2013 05:04
With that logic they already can auto-duel and just enter the captcha every 10 times right?  Well  ...

That will allow the players in older servers to have more potential room for using bots. It is also unfair to the newer servers, if you look at it in general. With the current system, nobody is even bothered to use bots because it takes less than 10 seconds to send 5 heroes to duel. Typing code is another 3-5 seconds for most people. If the limit is too low, there is no point in putting capchas in the first place, as people will bot. Remember that the sole purpose of having capchas, is to prevent/minimize bot usage.

Right now, I need to perform more analysis (time study, VSM, etc), in order to validate the claims, and to find the optimal solution (pop-up duration) to this problem, without compromising the purpose of the pop-ups.

And yes, I should get the tech to fix the pop-up thing for BP period.

Before anyone say that I am not sympathetic and so on...

ThreeKingdoms Online   Ultimate Server 37.png

Use magic Report

Band to Visit

"high" wizard

Point
UID

Post time 20-2-2013 10:58:39 |Show all posts

Use magic Report

Point
UID

TKO Guru TKO Expert

Post time 20-2-2013 19:32:51 |Show all posts
GeorgeBush replied at 20-2-2013 22:23
That will allow the players in older servers to have more potential room for using bots. It is als ...

hey gb, i guess all your heroes are not lvl 100 or none of them r lvl 99 and having like over 100k of xp waiting to lvl up. i see that u have over 200 heroes. now can u do one round of dueling, and/or 1day, and/or 1week of dueling. then tell us how u feel about TYPE IN 4 NUMBERS IS EZ.

here is something for u to c how hard i work and y i am piss about the 4 ez numbers u talk about.

dueling.png

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 25-2-2013 05:09:47 |Show all posts
Whats all these negative waves?...captchas are part of the game and not a big deal. George said it right....and really he/she doesnt need to explain to you. just becuase of it you all make a big deal out of nothing....now i see you want captchas during bp, this game is hard enough to newbies you should know that...they get farmed right from the get go...and very few of them stay around to learn the rules....if they do then its 4-5 servers to learn a few things...how is that good business? Seems to me hje moderators and the CS work hard to make it fair for all...applause....

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|Koramgame

30-5-2017 06:10 GMT-7 , Processed in 0.021162 second(s), 15 queries .