Search
View: 112224|Reply: 94

Common Issues and Resolutions   [Copy this link to quote]

Point
UID

Everlight Contributor

Post time 17-9-2012 12:14:19 |Show all posts

What Is This?

This is a thread that pulls together the most frequent support issues/questions whether technical, in-game, billing or forum along with known resolutions. If you want to have an issue listed or have a resolution, please post here.

If you're experiencing these bugs or others and these resolutions are not working, please post a new thread in the appropriate section (Support, Technical Support or Billing Support) and fill out the form here: Support Center.

If you are having trouble understanding a function within the game or need help with a question specific to Spirit Tales content, please see the Training Grounds section.

If you want to find a resolution quickly, you can press Ctrl + F to type in key words or the given issue ID (i.e. TI1) in the following index. Clicking the link will open a new tab and highlight the issue's ID in red so you can scroll down manually to the relevant part.

Index

Technical Issues

TI1: Every time I log into the game, I get a "kicked from the server" notification.
This is usually a software issue whether you have a program that is blocking out the game's access to the internet (firewall, antivirus) or you have something installed that made the anti-bot act up. Make sure you're not running any programs that control or monitor mouse and key movements. Hotkey programs or bot programs would likely set off the anti-bot system and then users are kicked off repeatedly. Examples of these programs are Warkeys or AutoHotkey.

Exit any program that you think could be setting it off and download the file in this post to hopefully remove the registry entry that sets it off:
http://forum.koramgame.com/forum ... mp;fromuid=53574587

TI2: I'm getting an error when I try to install or patch the game.
I've personally seen a strange variety of errors through the installation and patching processes and all seem to be resolved by re-downloading the game from another host such as Softpedia. Please see the Spirit Tales Installation Guide for more details on properly installing the game along with a link to the latest manual patch for patching issues.

If the error you're getting advises you to update DirectX and your graphic drivers, you should visit your computer manufacturer's website and get the latest drivers for your system.

There are specific errors addressed later on in this post, so try to see if those parts will help you out.

If nothing seems to be working, remember to send in a ticket to the Support Center by clicking "Ask a Question".

TI3: The game will not start.
If you have any firewalls or antivirus programs installed, ensure you've added the game to the exceptions list. Some programs will not allow the game to run even if you've added it to the exceptions list so it might be worth a shot to disable it temporarily and see if that is the conflict. Spirit Tales is not malware and is safe to run but it's up to you to determine what to do with your protection software if it is conflicting with the game.

Playing with compatibility settings isn't recommended by Spirit Tales technicians but running as an administrator is recommended.

You can also try adding the game's exe to the Data Execution Prevention exception list.
For instructions on achieving this, click your operating system:
Windows XP
Windows Vista
Windows 7, 8 & 8.1

Make sure you try adding both _Launcher.exe and Launcher.exe to the exception list. They are located by default in C:\Koramgame\STOnline.

You can also try redownloading the game using different hosts/mirrors or with a downloader program such as Free Download Manager:
http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/

A list of hosts to try can be found in this thread:
http://forum.koramgame.com/thread-54329-1-1.html

TI4: What are the system requirements?

TI5: My graphics and interface are all messed up!
Always make sure you have the latest DirectX installed as well as updated graphics drivers. If that isn't the problem, try opening up the Launcher and under Settings click Video. From there, turn UI Cache off as this has been the source of a lot of graphics issues. This setting is set when you first open the game and it asks you about auto-looting.

If your interface is messed up, you can always try resetting it by going in-game and pressing ESC, Settings, UI and Default Settings. You can also adjust the game's resolution through the ESC menu. The custom option under Display seems to be the most stable one.

TI6: When I try to get on the game, I get a "Connection Failed" error.
First thing to do is be sure the server isn't currently down for maintenance. You can check in the Patch History section although any ongoing or most recent maintenances will be listed as a sticky viewable from any section of the forum.

If that's not the issue, you could be running a firewall or anti-virus program that is blocking out the game's ability to connect to the internet. Ensure you add the game to any of these programs' exception list.

Sometimes the verification will take a long time before the connection fails which means there was an issue with either your username or password. Make sure you're inputting your Koramgame login details which would use the email you registered with. If you use a social network to log into Koramgame, please use the following website to play: SNS Login.

TI7: I'm getting an "OpenFile Error for LoadDB" error message.
This error happens in a few games from the same developer and seems to be caused by a missing Chinese language pack. You can install the language pack through optional updates on Windows Update.

If Windows Update won't install them for you, try downloading and running NJStar Communicator. Run the game after you've opened NJStar and once you reach the login screen, close NJStar. Login and voila! The main point of this program is to try to get you past that error so you can reach the login screen.

TI8: My patcher is stuck at "Checking downloading package".
This is actually a common situation with an easy solution! All you need to do is leave the patcher running and it'll get past this point eventually. Thankfully, it wont happen too often.

TI9: My patcher keeps on getting an "HTTP can't connect" error.
Make sure the launcher is able to access the internet. You may have a security program running that is blocking access, so ensure the launcher and game is added to the exception list. If you're sure it's not your software, please try the following steps.
  • Browse to C:\Koramgame\STOnline.
  • Look for the LauncherMod.ini file and open it in Notepad.
  • Now you'll need to change some values in this file..it's easiest to use Ctrl + F to find exactly what you need to change. I'll list the values you should use for each part.
  • Change To:
    1. OPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT = 3000
    Copy the Code
    1. OPT_TIMEOUT = 3000
    Copy the Code
  • Save and close the file when you're finished and try opening up the game again.

If that helps you get past one file but happens again with another file, you can repeat the steps until the patching is complete.

It's always possible this error is due to an issue on Spirit Tales' side of things, so try to keep a lookout on the forum to see if there's a lot of people experiencing the same issue as you.

TI10: Spirit Tales has stopped working.
There are many reasons why this could be happening so it could take a long time of trial and error before figuring out how to get the game to function properly for you. Typically this comes from some sort of incompatibility with your system's security software, hardware and/or settings. The first thing you should try is to right-click the game's shortcut and choose to run the game as an administrator.

As always, ensure all of your drivers are up to date along with directX. Windows Defender is known to conflict with Spirit Tales for some players, so you can try to temporarily disable it to check if that's the problem. You can do this with your own firewalls and anti-virus software and add the game to their exception lists as well.

DEP is another proven issue with this game. For instructions on adjusting Data Execution Prevention, click your operating system:
Windows XP
Windows Vista
Windows 7, 8 & 8.1

Make sure you try adding both _Launcher.exe and Launcher.exe to the exception list. They are located by default in C:\Koramgame\STOnline.

If nothing I've listed here is helping, you can fill out a support ticket. Be sure to list everything you have tried to do already.

TI11: Every time I try downloading the game, my download cuts off and I have to restart.

If you're on a slower internet connection or the direct download simply isn't working for you, you'll be better off using a download manager.

Here's an example program:
http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/

There's a tutorial for using it here:
http://www.dotcomunderground.com ... e-download-manager/

TI12: My game is fully patched but now the launcher is crashing or having connection issues.

Sometimes there's server-side lag coming from the Koramgame website and the launcher. This results in the launcher getting the connection error or even crashing. To bypass this, you can try using xSeeker's suggested method which is as follows:
  • Open Notepad and write the following in it: START Launcher.exe -g
  • Click File then Save As... then name it whatever you want as long as you write .bat at the end. Example: Run.bat
    Make sure to save this in C:\Koramgame\STOnline (or wherever you installed Spirit Tales)
  • Run the file you made and you should be able to skip the launcher and have the client open.
  • *Optional* Make a shortcut to this file on your desktop so you can open it easier next time the launcher is having issues

I recommend only to do this if you're sure you have completely finished patching the game since you'll be skipping the patching and checking process in the launcher.

TI13: The game won't let me change its resolution settings.

This is a common problem that doesn't seem to have a solid solution but there are a few things you can try. This applies to changing the game's resolution and switching between fullscreen and windowed mode.

If you're changing these settings through the launcher, try switching to using the settings in-game. The custom dropdown menu is most recommended in that case. Alternatively, if you're changing the settings in-game and experiencing problems, try using the settings in the launcher.

Another option is trying to manually change the settings file:

Close the client and browse to C:\Koramgame\STOnline, or wherever Spirit Tales was installed on your computer.
Make a backup of the file client.ini then open the original in Notepad.

Resolution settings can be found at the top of the file.
For windowed mode, change FullScreenMode=1 to FullScreenMode=0 (1 means fullscreen), then enter ScreenWidth and ScreenHeight values for the actual resolution.

An example is ScreenWidth=1024 and ScreenHeight=768. Make sure not to make the windowed resolution bigger than your screen resolution.

Save when you're done and try opening the game.
If it crashes or you find yourself unable to get in-game in any way, replace the client.ini file with the backup you made (make sure it is named client.ini).

If your game is crashing when you make these adjustments in-game or in the launcher, it may also help to adjust DEP settings. For instructions on adjusting Data Execution Prevention, click your operating system:
Windows XP
Windows Vista
Windows 7, 8 & 8.1

TI14: How do I login using a bound account?
It actually isn't as convenient as using a Koramgame account in the first place, and logging in using the SNS login is ironically easier than the bound account logins. However, sometimes the SNS login area can bug out and you'll be unable to access your character, so it's good to bind the account to a Koramgame email as a safety net.

For instructions on how to bind your social network account to a Koramgame email, please see this guide:
http://forum.koramgame.com/thread-54434-1-1.html

The guide initially is for Facebook but can be followed with any other SNS account, you just need to click the Sign In button on the Koramgame website and choose your SNS button at the bottom instead of clicking Sign in with Facebook.

After you've bound your account, the only way to use it to log in-game is again through Internet Explorer.

First, you need to use the separate bound account login on the Koramgame website in IE:
Bound Account Login

This login area can be found after you click "Sign In" on the main Koramgame website.

After you're logged in, paste the following website into your address bar and visit it:
http://item.koramgame.com/st/login/login.zh.php

Finally, click Play Now.

If you try to use the Koramgame email to login on the game's client directly, it'll treat it as a fresh Koramgame account and you won't find your existing characters.

In-Game Issues

GI1: I just deleted my character but when I try to reuse the name, it is taken.
The system that removes deleted characters from the database isn't very reliable. If the character you deleted is under level 10, it is supposed to remove it from the database entirely so the name can be reused but this is commonly not the case. One guess is it is meant for characters below level 6, but this has reportedly not worked for some users either. Please be careful and try to refrain from deleting your characters.

GI2: I cast heals but they aren't doing anything!
Heals concentrate on where your cursor is placed on the screen. Make sure it's hovering over yourself or whoever you want to heal as you cast them. This doesn't mean click the target, you must move the cursor right on top of them.

GI3: Fantastic Dumplings keep telling me I've already accepted the quest.
Fantastic Dumpling quests have a level limit. Hover over the dumpling to ensure that your level isn't too high for the quest.

GI4: My pet and I are not getting experience any more!
You need to be within 0-5 levels of a monster to receive experience from them. Your pet will also only receive experience based on monsters that will give you experience. For example, your pet could be level 1 and you're level 30.. fighting level 1-24 monsters will not give you or your pet any experience. This still applies once you hit the level cap and want to train your pet.

It's possible to outlevel your merged pet by over 5 levels. If this is the case, unmerge your pet and switch it to Fight mode in order to allow it to gain experience.

GI5: I want to report someone but I don't know how to do it.
Since accusing players of rule-breaking on the forum is strictly against the rules, you'll have to report them through the Support Center. If you want to try to contact the GM outside of the support center, send a mail to GM:DULM in-game. The most reliable method of communication, however, is the support center.

A lot of players are reporting for botting but I really don't recommend doing that unless you're sure someone is using a third party program. AFK pet training is allowed, as referenced in this thread: [Rules]About AFK Pet Farming. There is also an auto-cast system within the game so this might give the illusion of someone using a third party program.

If you want to report someone based on their forum activity alone, you can PM any Spirit Tales forum moderator or official staff member.

GI6: I finished my quest but it wont let me turn it in.
Some quests will require you to choose a reward before turning the quest in. Make sure you clicked on the reward of your choice to select it. Also make sure you have enough room in your inventory to accommodate any reward items.

GI7: I haven't received my event prizes.
Try to watch the original event's thread and keep an eye out in-game for announcements to make sure that event prizes have been handed out already.

If you've verified that you're missing prizes, please contact the Support Center.

GI8: Banned or Frozen accounts.
If you find your account banned or frozen and want to talk to the staff about it, please use the Support Center.

GI9: The censor is censoring innocent words and/or needs to censor other ones.

If you've found a word or selection of words that you believe should or shouldn't be censored, please report them through the Support Center.

Billing Issues

BI1: What payment methods are available in my country?
You can visit this website to view all of the payment methods to buy KCoins: Payment Center

Ensure the correct country is selected on the top-right corner of the recommended payment channel.

BI2: I'm experiencing a problem with Paypal.
Unfortunately, Paypal has proven to be an unstable method of payment thus far. We've seen pending transactions and the inability to make the purchase because of a significant threat level. This tends to happen to newer accounts to avoid false transactions. I advise trying another method or if you want to use Paypal and experienced a problem with it, contact the Support Center immediately and see if they can help pull it through.

Forum Issues

FI1: I put an image in my signature but it wont display.
Make sure you're at least a Senior Member (15 points or above). Please see the Signature Guide for more information.

FI2: I want to reply to multiple people but it forces me to double-post.
Double-posting is against the rules but because the forum makes it difficult to avoid double-posting, we're very lenient as long as it isn't overdone. If you want to quote multiple people, please see the Multiple Quoting Guide. If you accidentally double-post, you can click Edit and then Delete Post.

FI3: I want to search the forum but it isn't working.
The searching function of the forum is very tricky to master. Please see the Searching Guide to learn how to use it.

FI4: I want to report a forum member.
If you want to report someone based on their forum activity alone, you can use the report function for the official Spirit Tales staff to deal with or PM any Spirit Tales forum moderator. Please keep in mind that fuelling the fire in rule-breaking situations will not help anyone and will likely get you in trouble as well. We do look over the forum often and will get to dealing with the situation as soon as possible.

FI5: I verified my email but my profile still says my email status is "not verified".
This is standard for the forum and doesn't affect your Koramgame account's email status. If you want to check if your email is verified, visit your Koramgame User Info and ensure the email field is filled out.

FI6: I changed my avatar but it wont update for me.
I always get this problem in Google Chrome. The solution is to manually refresh any page on the forum by pressing F5 or the reload button. If it still doesn't update, try clearing up the cache.

For instructions on clearing your browser's cache, try this website:
http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache

If you're getting errors while trying to upload a new image, ensure the file size isn't huge and if it's an animation that it doesn't have too many frames. Sometimes it wont work on the first try, but it will go through if you are persistent.

FI7: What are points?
Points determine your user group. As you rank up in user groups, you earn more forum permissions.

Beggar is below 0
Junior Member is 0 to 14
Senior Member is 15 to 199
Expert is 200 to 499
Guru is 500 to 999
Super Guru is 1000 to 2999
High Wizard is 3000+

To see what each group can do, you can visit the User Groups section of the forum and click Recommended user group:
http://forum.koramgame.com/home.php?mod=spacecp&ac=usergroup

Aside from getting into a user group, you can also transfer your points to another user. Some sections of this forum will also give you medals if you have a certain amount of points from participating in their sections but Spirit Tales doesn't have those.
Have 5 people ratedPoint Pack Reason
Caiterz2 + 5 Needs to be done!
Patrick.. + 50
Elisa + 6 Very nice!
mandyxia + 30 Thanks Lyss! Very useful~
kellow333 + 10 Very Usefull

Total score: Point + 101   View Rating Log

Point
UID
Post time 19-9-2012 03:52:20 |Show all posts
This'll be sure to help many.

Use magic Report

Expert

Heartless Killer

Point
UID
Post time 19-9-2012 04:02:11 |Show all posts
BRAVO! AT LAST! A detailed guide for new comers and for those people who needs help

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 19-9-2012 04:04:29 |Show all posts
thanks for this

Use magic Report

Expert

Heartless Killer

Point
UID
Post time 19-9-2012 04:10:09 |Show all posts
Wait Lyss, I change my LaunchMod.ini to your codes and http error >.<

Use magic Report

Point
UID

Everlight Contributor

Post time 19-9-2012 11:50:53 |Show all posts
WhiteDeath replied at 19-9-2012 06:10
Wait Lyss, I change my LaunchMod.ini to your codes and http error >.

Strange, seemed to work for others >.< The ones I'm using are:
Connect_Mode = 1
OPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT = 30
OPT_TIMEOUT = 300

Never changed mine since I didn't run into the http error.

Sounds like the recent patch ran into some issues so altering the ini won't help.

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 20-9-2012 16:16:39 |Show all posts
I'm gona ask a question.. just because.. idk where else to ask it. I'm logged into spirit tales Via Social network. But i want to add my email address to it also. ._. i dont want to have to make a whole new account. since i have characters that are 20s+ , 2 level 20s, 2 level 30s (liked to try differant characters). But it says i need a password to equip a email.... but i dont have a password. ._. i'm so confused about what to do and where do go.

Use magic Report

Point
UID

Everlight Contributor

Post time 20-9-2012 21:26:43 |Show all posts
NekoFoxyCookies replied at 20-9-2012 18:16
I'm gona ask a question.. just because.. idk where else to ask it. I'm logged into spirit tales Via  ...

If your characters are located on your social network account, you can bind it to a new koramgame account. You'd do this by visiting Koramgame.com then sign in through facebook or click Sign In for more social network options. Now visit the Binding Account page on Koramgame's User Center and fill out the form to create a new Koramgame account. You'll be able to use this email and password to login on both Koramgame and Spirit Tales with your social network characters intact.

If your characters are located on a koramgame account, I'm actually not sure how to bind social networks to an already existing koramgame account. @_@ Don't think there's a way really.

Use magic Report

Expert

Heartless Killer

Point
UID
Post time 25-9-2012 10:16:34 |Show all posts
Lyss replied at 19-9-2012 11:50
Strange, seemed to work for others >.< The ones I'm using are:
Connect_Mode = 1
OPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT ...

Nah its going fine now, maybe a glitch or something Thanks btw

Use magic Report

Point
UID

Everlight Contributor

Post time 25-9-2012 14:42:54 |Show all posts
WhiteDeath replied at 25-9-2012 12:16
Nah its going fine now, maybe a glitch or something  Thanks btw

Awesome, glad it's fine now. ^-^

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 29-9-2012 22:03:15 |Show all posts
The Http can't connect still appears when i open ST. I already change the LaunchMod.ini to
Connect_Mode = 3
OPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT = 25
OPT_TIMEOUT = 1200

but still. nothing happens then i changed it again to

Connect_Mode = 1
OPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT = 30
OPT_TIMEOUT = 300

but http can't conenct still appears

Use magic Report

Point
UID

Everlight Contributor

Post time 30-9-2012 17:08:34 |Show all posts
Eundel replied at 30-9-2012 00:03
The Http can't connect still appears when i open ST. I already change the LaunchMod.ini to
Connect_M ...

This case happened to be a server-sided issue which is resolved now. In any future cases, please make sure you downloaded the latest launcher and that the launcher is able to access the internet. If you have security software running, it could be blocking internet access from the game.

If you're still unable to get it working, please contact the Support Center

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 6-10-2012 23:29:35 |Show all posts
There is an auto cast system?

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 6-10-2012 23:43:59 |Show all posts
Cookii replied at 6-10-2012 23:29
There is an auto cast system?

Go to camera one or two. Press the number of the skill you want to spam. Place cursor where necessary. Right click, left click, let go of right click, let go of left click. Done. Takes a few attempts sometimes.

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 9-10-2012 04:15:06 |Show all posts
GM, i think you accidentally removed the Dragon Hatching plan.. didn't you?

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 9-10-2012 04:53:06 |Show all posts
i open game but before i can see login form i get this error http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/6976/screenshot1tc.jpg (and when i click enter other errors popup with the same name but it's change like C_monster , C_item mail ... etc )  i already post in support center but they couldn't help me and give me this page   can you go here to approve that i can run game or now http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/58/25087032.jpg and here http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/6159/96605910.jpg

Edit : i already downloaded the game correctly md5 :9254da0748e51eca61803f7414de569e

Use magic Report

Point
UID

Everlight Contributor

Post time 9-10-2012 11:11:50 |Show all posts
ReD_Dragon_ replied at 9-10-2012 06:53
i open game but before i can see login form i get this error http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/6976/scr ...

I don't really use this thread to help solve issues that aren't already listed since that's what the support forum is for.

I will suggest pressing Scan when you open the launcher to ensure all of your files are okay.

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 10-10-2012 06:14:09 |Show all posts
Lyss replied at 9-10-2012 11:11
I don't really use this thread to help solve issues that aren't already listed since that's what t ...

am sorry for that  btw i already clicked scan  but still same error i'll go search for my proplem in onther place .

Use magic Report

Point
UID

Everlight Contributor

Post time 10-10-2012 22:27:43 |Show all posts
ReD_Dragon_ replied at 10-10-2012 08:14
am sorry for that  btw i already clicked scan  but still same error i'll go search for my proplem  ...

It's okay, I do want to help so I'll do my best to help figure out the problem over in Support. ^^

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 11-10-2012 12:13:17 |Show all posts
Lyss replied at 10-10-2012 22:27
It's okay, I do want to help so I'll do my best to help figure out the problem over in Support. ^^

Thx for your support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|Koramgame

22-9-2019 13:24 GMT-7 , Processed in 0.013475 second(s), 12 queries .