Search
View: 2077|Reply: 19

King Arthur Beginner's Guide and Basic Tips [Copy this link to quote]

Point
UID
Post time 26-5-2012 14:17:17 |Show all posts
Hello, this guide was made with assistance of SirSaiph and Keyshawn as they are both part of S13 where they have taken part in the total map domination by KA.

The King Arthur kingdom is based upon magic users, however, it also holds what is considered by many to be the most powerful gambit hero of all, King Arthur (in part due to his having the highest tactics stat in the game). This being said one does not have to have formations consisting entirely of magic users to be successful like how many Charlemagne players have only siege heroes nor would I recommend such a strategy. This guide will detail you on some of the basics to success in KA without giving strict guidelines.

Heroes

The basic initial Hero lineup consists of:
Sir Kay - gained at 20,000 Prestige (a single target magic hero who siphons life back to himself equal to the damage he does) Equipment - Staff, Armor, Cloak, Helmet

Attila - gained in Heavenly Scourge campaign (a gambit user who strikes columns [left to right] does 80% of his gambit damage while the rest is converted into a chance to poison his targets for 2 turns) Equipment - Mount, Weapon, Armor, Cloak, Helmet

Boudica - gained in Treacherous Revenge campaign (a priest with a chance to increase a single gambit user's morale to 100) Equipment - Armor, Cloak, Helmet

Saladin - gained in Holy Crusades campaign (A single target siege with high crit chance) Equipment - Weapon, Armor, Cloak, Helmet

la Hire - gained in Hundred Years War (a tank/meat shield) Equipment - Armor, Cloak, Helmet (Weapon optional due to low damage and funds focused on other gear)

These are some of the primary heroes until better can be obtained. For example, when you reach Jochi in GHL you will want to replace Saladin with him because he hits multiple targets (columns like Attila). Also you will want to continue working on Prestige as you work through campaign. Attila should be replaced at either 100k or 150k prestige depending upon two factors elaborated upon below. la Hire should be replaced by Lady of Lake (a magic user who strikes diagonally) when you reach 210k prestige.

The 100k prestige hero is Sir Balin (a gambit hero who uses magic and gambit damage to hit his target as well as 1 square to the left, right and behind him to hit up to 4 at a time). He does massive amounts of damage but you should get him ONLY if you can afford a good staff for him as well as a good mount to utilize both damage sources. The 150k prestige hero is Sir Galahad (a gambit hero who hits columns like Attila but who has a chance to cause panic which stuns targets for 1 turn). He doesn't need a staff but he does substantially less damage than Sir Balin though his stun can make up for that when it procs.

Here are a couple BRs (more to come) of Sir Balin's damage with/without staff
http://s20.cm.koramgame.com//rep ... 2c4fc9005c41fac9497 (with staff)
http://s20.cm.koramgame.com//rep ... 62755d6afd7a0e3d117 (without staff)

I'm going to reference his hits only on Agamemnon for more specific calculations. In the replay Sir Balin is equipped with a legendary +50 WE(24 stars) and an epic +49 lucent jewel(39stars). With his staff he hit 1299 and 1438 but without it he dropped to 931, 957, 972 and 960. This is a an average drop of 26.25% from the first hit and 33.25% from the second hit. Judging by the 23.5% difference with the second target (Senior Archer) 1562 -> 1196/1181 I would say that 25% would be a fairly accurate determination. Granted there is a 22% difference between epic and legendary staffs so with that being said it is perhaps safe to assume that with an equally leveled legendary staff the difference would be in the range of 45%. With these numbers I believe it is best to assume that the staff damage is between 42-48% and likely closer to the lower end.

After the first few changes in heroes the rest are up to you (though feel free to ask any questions below on possible lineups) but generally the above heroes should be utilized for best results until you have more room to experiment and know more about strategics and hero placement.

Research

Research plays a major role in hero offensive/defensive capabilities. Generally you should focus on damage researches primarily -> defensive researches -> troop count -> fillers (reserve losses, bp gains, etc.) for prime results. However some prefer to switch the defensive and offensive priorities to make up for lack of high level defensive equipment but either way you should always have your research cd up as you should always be researching one thing or another to sustain your performance.

Enlightening

Hero enlightening is very important as it increases your base stats which correspond to both offense and defense. The three stats are Bravery (normal damage), Tactics (gambit damage) and Magic (spell damage). Stats can be enlightened to +20 + hero level so a level 30 Sir Kay can have, at best, +50 stats. Generally you will want to focus on leveling up the primary stat for that hero (i.e. Bravery for siege) and have another stat not for behind with the third stat trailing. For example your level 30 Sir Kay should have +50 Magic, +41 Bravery and +23 Tactics. You don't want to spend to many Battle Points (BPs) on stats when you already have 1 or 2 maxed until you reach a point when you can spend millions of BPs (level 110 with maxed research and all heroes have good stats). You should always max your stats every 5-10 levels because you generally gain stat bonuses between that range with each enlightening session. If you boost to max every level then you miss out on stats you may have gained and lose more BPs.

BPs are good for easily reaching around +25 stats but after that it becomes harder with longer streaks of negative stats before reaching positive ones. Upon obtaining between +40-45 stats and beyond you will need to save up significant amounts of BPs to enlighten. Around level 61 you will begin to need approx. 10k BPs each time you enlighten a single hero until you reach a short streak of positive stats. After you reach this streak stop and save up BPs until you can enlighten again (unless you have enough BPs to continue going until you reach another streak). This amount of BPs needed will increase in increments of about 5k per 10 levels so make sure not to level up your city hall too quickly because it becomes harder and harder to obtain BPs as you go along.

City Leveling

You should never push your city hall too far without allowing time for your gear, research and heroes to catch up occasionally. When you reach level 30 you should stop and begin maxing everything out as you farm up prestige to Sir Kay as well as farming equips in campaign (Durandal, Dragon Cuirass, or even Hauteclere if you've already completed HYWL). Remember, the higher your city hall level the fewer BPs you gain from legions so don't overreach or you will have a very hard time catching up, particularly in enlightening and research.

The focus when leveling up your city should be on Academy, Armory and Tower of Trials. Residences and Tax Office levels are also important for taxing but you should make sure to keep the others leveled to max out research, gear and hero levels respectfully.

Taxes and Loyalty

Taxes are one of the primary forms of income and to get the best out of them you need to have high residence/tax office levels, loyalty, regional prosperity and allegiance in normal cities to obtain the 120% allegiance boost. If you can collect bounties from bounty list then you should wait until you have 30% boost or as high as possible before you begin collecting.

Regions and Allegiance

Regions are the areas where your city is housed and several of them have various boosts. The level 30 and 40 regions are all Political, meaning that they cannot be taken control of by another kingdom. Upon reaching the level 60 zones you will encounter your first Normal cities. Each kingdom begins with 1 Political and 1 Normal city in the level 60 and 80 zones but while allegiance while always be 100% in Politicals, allegiance in Normals is based upon investments and PvP. When an EoS in a Normal zone is attacked their kingdom loses .6% allegiance in that city while the attacking kingdom gains it. This amount decreases by .1% per notoriety status.

To gain allegiance back you must invest silver which increases allegiance as well as Prosperity. The lowest investment amount is 0.3 * Region Prosperity (silver) which gives you .1% allegiance and prestige equal to your level * 2. Next is 1.5 * Region Prosperity and gives .5% allegiance and level * 10 prestige and last is 3.0 * Region Prosperity and gives 1.0% allegiance and level * 20 prestige. In order to prevent loss of cities you and your kingdom brothers must invest regularly (cd of 3 hours) or the city will be lost.

Upon reaching the level 110 zones there are 5 cities for each kingdom but all except the political city may be taken. The city types are Political (Permanent), Military (doubles lost allegiance from RWs), Cultural (anyone from any kingdom can move there), Economic (investment effects are doubled) and Commercial (can invest in any region). Perhaps the most important are the commercial as they allow you to not only reduce the allegiance from others through PvP but also through direct investments. Also you can invest in your other regions that are losing allegiance without having to move to them.

The best thing to remember is that your city loses allegiance when you get hit so you need to invest accordingly. If you are just moving up then you should move to the political city as you will be an easy target to the stronger people and you will likely be hit a lot (especially if you are an EoS) so you won't be able to invest enough to make up for the losses. Political cities are important to invest in anyway to increase the prosperity in a region you will keep permanently rather than in regions that you may lose.

That's all for now, hope this helps and if you have any thing you'd like to add just PM me or comment below and I'll see what I can do. Thx!

Have 1 people ratedPoint Pack Reason
DzitMap17 + 5 Usefull

Total score: Point + 5   View Rating Log

Leonidas aka Bhop

Point
UID
Post time 26-5-2012 16:39:22 |Show all posts
Good bit of info there .
especially about the cities/allegiance.. many don't consider that when playing.

When i recruit a new hero i max enlighten him before training starts. Seems to give better locks quicker after

You didn't tell them how to beat KA guys though lol

Big-G (S19) Charley /  GEM (S13) KA  BIG-G (s10) KA

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 26-5-2012 17:33:09 |Show all posts
big-G replied at 26-5-2012 16:39
Good bit of info there .
especially about the cities/allegiance.. many don't consider that when play ...

Ya I do the same, guess I got a lil lazy And I shouldnt have to,  you either kill kay before he can replenish his health or you bribe the luck gods and get their magic users to fail constantly lol
Leonidas aka Bhop

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 26-5-2012 19:22:32 |Show all posts
If you pick Sir Balin make sure once you level up to replace him with Sir lancelot or King Aurther
Keyshawn of King Arther server 13

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 26-5-2012 19:49:58 |Show all posts
Keyshawn replied at 26-5-2012 19:22
If you pick Sir Balin make sure once you level up to replace him with Sir lancelot or King Aurther

Ya King Arthur is the primary gambit hero imo though Lancelot is great as well. And there's only 1 "u" in Arthur fyi
Leonidas aka Bhop

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 27-5-2012 09:38:10 |Show all posts
Can you be more detail about "Sir Balin's damage"?
total damage = 50% spell damage + 50% gambit damage?
Many thanks

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 27-5-2012 11:36:38 |Show all posts
DzitMap17 replied at 27-5-2012 09:38
Can you be more detail about "Sir Balin's damage"?
total damage = 50% spell damage + 50% gambit dam ...

I don't currently have him leveled for experimentation but my friend believes it to be approximately 60% gambit and 40% magic. He said he should have his Balin high enough tomorrow (rebirthing currently) to test it for me.
Leonidas aka Bhop

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 27-5-2012 22:50:47 |Show all posts
Bhop replied at 27-5-2012 11:36
I don't currently have him leveled for experimentation but my friend believes it to be approximate ...

thank you much ^^ waiting for the result
btw, 40% magic damage is not reduced by any cloak, right?

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 27-5-2012 22:54:05 |Show all posts
DzitMap17 replied at 27-5-2012 22:50
btw, 40% magic damage is not reduced by any cloak, right? ...

No, that is why Balin can do damage to entrenched heroes (minus gambit damage), because it is spell not gambit so the only thing to take it down is research and enlightenment in magic stat
Leonidas aka Bhop

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 29-5-2012 06:10:29 |Show all posts
Bhop replied at 27-5-2012 22:54
No, that is why Balin can do damage to entrenched heroes (minus gambit damage), because it is spel ...

sound good I am considering Titus :p

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 29-5-2012 07:16:45 |Show all posts
DzitMap17 replied at 29-5-2012 06:10
sound good  I am considering Titus :p

Ya Titus is an excellent hero. He doesn't have the high dodge, crit and block but his reduced damage lets him soak up some punishment while he continues to dish it out through his gambit/spell damage combination.
Leonidas aka Bhop

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 29-5-2012 10:24:30 |Show all posts
DzitMap17 replied at 27-5-2012 22:50
btw, 40% magic damage is not reduced by any cloak, right? ...

I've got the calculations in the area below the Balin/Galahad discussion as well as 2 BRs with perhaps 2 more to come for more accurate calculations
Leonidas aka Bhop

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 29-5-2012 17:53:41 |Show all posts
Bhop replied at 29-5-2012 10:24
I've got the calculations in the area below the Balin/Galahad discussion as well as 2 BRs with per ...

Hehe, thank much ^^
Why don't you try with and without WE :p

I think the best method to try is to line up Balin+Bou vs. Bou only

Cheers

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 29-5-2012 19:20:44 |Show all posts
DzitMap17 replied at 29-5-2012 17:53
Hehe, thank much ^^
Why don't you try with and without WE :p

Ya I was thinking the same thing but I have to get my friend to send the BRs to me when he can do the experimenting
Leonidas aka Bhop

Use magic Report

Point
UID

Newbie Guide Medal Captain

Post time 31-5-2012 16:04:05 |Show all posts
nice guide

Use magic Report

Point
UID

Post time 24-6-2012 21:05:29 |Show all posts
isn't 50% - 50% for Sir Balin... he have 60% on mage and just 40% on gambit... from what I remember when I tested him my WE with lot of stars done a big "S" during that time and my blue staff raped lot of armys...

but yeah...nice guide
IGN: GameOver!

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 24-6-2012 21:14:26 |Show all posts
kordosoft replied at 24-6-2012 21:05
isn't 50% - 50% for Sir Balin... he have 60% on mage and just 40% on gambit... from what I remember  ...

You have to keep in mind what the tactics/magic stats of the armies your facing is along with the color of the staffs/mounts and your own base stats. My calculations were about the opposite of yours with almost 60% gambit and 40% magic
Leonidas aka Bhop

Use magic Report

Point
UID

Post time 25-6-2012 13:00:22 |Show all posts
try again... put a blue poney and a blue staff at lv same lv and then try with it without horse and without staff....then you will see the diff...
IGN: GameOver!

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 25-6-2012 13:24:46 |Show all posts
Well I didn't have Balin lvled up at the time so I did the calculations based off of the equipment my friend had but I will check again myself with matching equips soon like you said.
Leonidas aka Bhop

Use magic Report

Point
UID

Bug Hunter The Best Terrific Attacker The Highness Everlight Contributor

Post time 9-7-2012 22:43:59 |Show all posts
nice tips...

[img]http://forum.koramgame.com/static/im

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|Koramgame

26-5-2019 04:57 GMT-7 , Processed in 0.013446 second(s), 11 queries .