Search
Author: 697223186@faceb

Equipment Guide [Copy this link to quote]

Point
UID
Post time 2-4-2010 00:19:31 |Show all posts
Hello, I like your post. I read it somewhere that you can get good item when you claim reward depending on your ranking at that time. My question is do you know what is the lowest raking to claim +6 weapon? because one time my hero is in ranking 40-50 and still got +4 weapon.

Thank you in advance.

Use magic Report

Guru

Fountain of Obvious Knowledge

Point
UID

First Lieutenant

Post time 2-4-2010 07:47:52 |Show all posts
It's not based on ranking. All that ranking does is give you more fame per week for the same amount of challenges. When the fame bug occured I got a variety of gear from +4 to +6 with my hero who was ranked around 40.

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 15-4-2010 15:48:51 |Show all posts
Post Last Edit by 100000486150645@facebook at 16-4-2010 07:09

I disagree on some areas, and I will explain below:

"Breastmirror

Earth or Heaven

Again, same reasons as above really, you get very little choice here. Ironskin is terrible and Block can do without boosting."

If you are using a blue or purple ranked chest, especially if using Earth armor, then between the chest & feet using Earth armor, the shield is an unnecessary slot. I stick with Tide Silver Mirror myself. At +10 it provides +16 Block. Add that to a Block level 4 and you have Block +20 (50.2%). Blocking your enemies attacks far more frequently far outweighs any +life benefits that you may get. The exception of course, is if the rest of your armor is still fairly weak and you require the Earth for additional +armor bonus.

"Gloves

Falcon

Some agility is worthwhile and seemingly most players don't bother with too much. You can get a foot in before those who take Flame gloves which can be useful. Your other options are limited (Although I'm fairly sure i'm missing several options for gloves) and tend to rely on skills (Strike/Precision) you may not have room for. And avoid Haste, it's terrible."

Absolute waste of a slot. The only item that should be used here is the Flame Steel Gloves. It offers +Crit and +Strike (same as Crit, but requires that the skill strike is equipped). This piece of armor will decide duels.

"Mounts

Tide or Ruthless

I'd avoid the Falcon mounts really, agility is too rubbish to bother really. As for your choice here, it's between Offense (Counter) or Defesne (Block). Both skills should be in your arsenal really so either mount is good. It's a pity I've never seen more than a grey quality mount that boosts either though. I still think the +4 agility/+4 block/counter elephants beat the Falcon Bloodsweat Horse though."

I only mildly disagree with this choice, but that is dependant on the users Abilities. Since my hero has the abililties Block (4), Windfury (4), Strike (4) and already employs Block +20 stacked skill... the additional Block +5 from a Tide Forest Elephant is negligible and my hero has better balance with the Falcon Bloodsweat Horse which improves the Dodge and Hit Rate attributes.

A secondary choice which is employed by the best duelist I know, is using Block, Counter, & Strike. Again, he uses the Tide Silver Mirror and has +20 Block, and Strike is critical with the Flame Steel Gloves, therefore in order for his Ruthless Forest Elephant's "Counter" ability to activate, he substituted Windfury for Counter level 4. This is a very deadly combination. His hero is nearly impossible to land critical attacks on, and he counters with deadly force. Combined with incredible +Crit stats his normal attacks do even more damage than a Windfury attack.

Use magic Report

Guru

Point
UID

First Lieutenant

Post time 16-4-2010 06:37:47 |Show all posts
You present a good case there. As for the first I've never really looked into gear past the +6 green arena reward gear as I'm not a gold user and I believe that at that level 3 earth pieces is the best option. At 10+ as you say it's probably a better choice to use Tide with the exponential stacking of armour value.

Flame is the best gloves if you use strike, otherwise it's worthless (Agility is terrible but it's better than nothing.) It's down to what skill choices you make and from my experience I find Restore to be worth picking up over strike or anything else. Again, as higher gear comes into play this might be incorrect, but for the vast majority of people arena gear is the maximum they will get for a hero. Restore is only useful while you can heal more than you take in damage so swapping it for strike later may be of use.

Falcon Bloodsweat Horse is pure Agility by the way, which I'd always take a skill  was using over. Counter or block as we both agree on are both useful, I'd just take the best I had as I find mounts pretty hard to come by. Thanks for the input anyway, some points I have missed. =)

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 16-4-2010 07:16:28 |Show all posts
Post Last Edit by 100000486150645@facebook at 16-4-2010 07:09

I disagree on some areas, and I will explain below:

"Breastmirror

Earth or Heaven

Again, same reasons as above really, you get very  ...
100000486150645@facebook Post at 16-4-2010 06:48

as the topic starter said, you bring a good point.
Note that it seems that stacking armor is useless after your armor is high enough, but you must not forget the percentage improvement that the game show (ex. from 60% to 65% = 5%) is not the "actual" improvement you get.
having your damage reduction from 60% increased to 65% is not 5% improvement, it's 5/40 = 12.5% improvement. This has always been the case for damage reduction and armor in most game, people overlook the actual improvement and just thinking that armor sux at high value since it only give very small extra damage reduction.
One must check deep into this before saying +16 block is better than +4k armor? (I don't know the stats for +10 earth).
On a side note, having a very high armor making heaven (+life) is worth much more as well since 1 point of life would be worth much more with a very high damage reduction.
The key here is to find the perfect balance between life and damage reduction (block is also included here). Further research and major calculation would be needed here and I doubt anyone have that much free time to do it lol.

another thing, you're wrong on agility. Agility has nothing to do beside making you act first on each turn. It has no relation to dodge and crit. And sometime acting last in turn is actually better case (ex: restore skill) Hence why the topic starter said agility is worthless, having tide/ruthless mount is way better than falcon horse, provided you use counter/block of course.
simafuhan
GoldenElite & Indonesia
s5, s16

Use magic Report

Guru

Point
UID

First Lieutenant

Post time 16-4-2010 12:23:08 |Show all posts
I think there is still merit in what he says. While you are perfectly correct in your calculations there Simafuhan you also have to consider the conversion between armour value and % reduction. As I understand it the higher towards 100% reduction you get the more armour value (as given on gear) you need per %.

E.g the basic Earth Chain Armour you get gives 698 armour x2 for a total of 1396 armour. Assuming this is the only gear you have on this will net you around 30% reduction. Now saw you equip an earth item of footwear and breastmirror, in total giving you another 1396 armour value. You reduction will now be around 45-50% (guesswork, but it demonstrates my point), therefore the second 1396 is less valuable that the first. Thus stacking armour does become less useful as you add more, despite the point you make.

I'm not positive if my thinking is correct here, not particularly got my head around all the maths involved. There certainly is worth in equipping heaven gear as you say, especially when your gear reaches high levels. Again, as you say though, it's anyones guess at the 'perfect' formula for it.

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 16-4-2010 13:23:46 |Show all posts
Also of note, Armor caps at 15,000.

The Earth Scale Armor +10 (purple) is (+6282 Armor/+6282 Armor) Adding any additional armor be it earth feet or earth shield that is +5 or above already places you past the cap. This single chest piece gives 12,564 armor defense.

This is why in many cases once purple armors become involved substitutions for other benefits such as block, life, agility become more inviting because of the armor cap. I would imagine that the soon to be released "red" armor will exceed the 15,000 cap by itself.

The goal is to get armor as close to the 15k cap without tying up another slot. In the case of some items such as feet, shield, and gloves which I have not yet seen a purple or red item released yet, then a common combination is using a "heaven" chest piece that adds 6282 armor + life (at +10), and combining that with the earth strider boots which are about +4300 armor, and then having the highest possible crit., hit, dodge, block, counter as other stats.

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 21-4-2010 22:22:43 |Show all posts
Great guide, *thumbs up*

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 26-4-2010 21:12:23 |Show all posts
When is the fame bug happened? It never happened to me ??

Use magic Report

Guru

Point
UID

First Lieutenant

Post time 27-4-2010 02:51:59 |Show all posts
It was a few weeks ago, happened only to select people/servers I think. I'm not really sure tbh, but it was the shortly beforeI posted this guide anyway.

Use magic Report

Point
UID

Captain

Post time 10-5-2010 18:00:46 |Show all posts
i have +6 all set including weapon but i lose in a duel with only +4 +5 set with weapon also

Use magic Report

Guru

Point
UID

First Lieutenant

Post time 11-5-2010 01:33:20 |Show all posts
Well you've clearly just got bad skills equipped or poor gear choices. Just because an item is +6 doesn't mean it's superior to +4/+5 gear that has better stats on it.

Use magic Report

Guru

Mirage of Deceit

Point
UID
Post time 14-5-2010 06:08:24 |Show all posts
Weapons and skills could be both useless against an 3 stars epic hero that used panacea from lvl 1 up to 100.
I am on a long term hiatus. But I don't and never planned to quit TKO in the first place.  [as of September 15 2014]

s1, s21, s54 player

Use magic Report

Guru

Point
UID

First Lieutenant

Post time 15-5-2010 06:28:17 |Show all posts
Well yeah, as they'll likely have about 30 more strength than you. But the majority of heroes don't.

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 15-5-2010 09:29:40 |Show all posts
What equipment will give the best damage reduce? How to calculate it?

Use magic Report

Guru

Point
UID

First Lieutenant

Post time 15-5-2010 09:39:00 |Show all posts
Anything with armour on it gives you damage reduction. Anything with +Block also does technically provided you have the skill. As for the calculations I have no clue, but Armour value maxes out at 15,000.

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 15-5-2010 09:42:11 |Show all posts
Thanks Sp00nlord

Use magic Report

Guru

Point
UID

First Lieutenant

Post time 16-5-2010 13:58:40 |Show all posts
No problem, glad I can be of use.

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 5-6-2010 17:03:45 |Show all posts
can you put this in point form.. just the skills

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 8-6-2010 17:31:19 |Show all posts
You said there was only three for boots but you missed counter which when combined with critical or high attack can do heavy damage.

Ruthless boots+savage elephant+lvl 2 counter can help catchup when you fail to hurt originally. Counter also helps against dodge because it hits on thier turn as a seporate dodge opportunity.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|Koramgame

14-12-2017 08:16 GMT-7 , Processed in 0.010582 second(s), 9 queries .