Search
View: 3794|Reply: 44

Has all but U2 became redundant? [Copy this link to quote]

Point
UID
Post time 28-4-2012 00:12:16 |Show all posts
Hi, I created this to find out if anyone out there is still sending out other tiers of troops ( Not counting the Catas, scout units, left overs during start of server. )

Reasons.
- Kinda sad to use all other tiers of units rendered redundant
- If only using U2. The whole tier system of units seems to be redundant itself. I'm guessing the Tier units were there so that perhaps battles would happen more frequent and often with lower tier units and only the most precious ultimates would stand on the grand stage when the kingdom is seriously in need such as choke points. ( Obviously that doesn't seem to be the way this game is played since Beta. Just rush our way up and get ultimates. The end. )
- Normally, or rather in reality, no kingdom would continously send their most elite form of troops be it the commandos or royal knights or w/e to fight the whole war. They maybe, should be used in special areas where the bulk of troops should be normal units which when relate to COK should be perhaps T3 or something.

- Lots of other points and stuff but its complicated and too much thought process would be needed since there would also be the issue of perhaps recruitment speeds, big change to the way the game would be played, the way COK is quite hero oritented also, etc,etc.

So yea. In Short, I would just like to find out what type(Tier) of unit is being sent or prefered to be sent into war. Perhaps enlightning why the other tiers are not used. ( obviously T3 and below. )  
SinglePolls, Total 138 Users voted View Voters

Poll is finished

18.84% (26)
5.80% (8)
42.75% (59)
7.25% (10)
21.74% (30)
3.62% (5)
Your User group have no permission to vote

Guru

We'll get there!

Point
UID
Post time 28-4-2012 01:05:34 |Show all posts
Haha, I like option 6. But I send U1's and U2's when I have them.
Have 1 people ratedPoint Pack Reason
Emergency + 2 Interesting

Total score: Point + 2   View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 28-4-2012 08:29:33 |Show all posts
I consistently use t3 infantry throughout server (more often when I don't have CMG as U1)
Cheap + fast recruit speed + better ability to tank than most U1.

U2 are the way to go on any damage dealing heroes, but if unsupported by tank U1/t3, they can get quickly overwhelmed, especially when NPC defenders reach U1.
L23 Tao - Outrider, SagaraSousuke, Eclaireur

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 28-4-2012 20:55:32 |Show all posts
Man. This poll really tells me that my general perspective of COK still needs work

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 29-4-2012 04:16:54 |Show all posts
i use t3 inf, and u1 and u2.. anything lower than that.. i personally dont use

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 29-4-2012 17:17:02 |Show all posts
5 u1, 1 t3, 7 u2 @@ if i have food. If i dont have enough food, i usually go more u1 than u2, then a unit of t3

Use magic Report

Point
UID

First Lieutenant

Post time 29-4-2012 20:36:01 |Show all posts
i send everything t2 too (catapults)

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 30-4-2012 03:25:53 |Show all posts
In my opinion U2 is highly overrated.. If people were smart they wouldn't even bother wasting their time on it. Actually in the process of writing a thread on U1 only tactics. Hope you guys will check it out and see why U2 isn't necessary to conquer the server and if anything it only slows the server down :/ granted my style of play severely limits people to few siege and lots of 1 type of unit.. but i prefer being able to send 10 units to their death and not be effected where the other person is scatter brained on what to do with 3/4 of their units gone and me still attacking full force..

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 30-4-2012 05:04:35 |Show all posts
vicious6 replied at 30-4-2012 18:25
In my opinion U2 is highly overrated.. If people were smart they wouldn't even bother wasting their  ...

Erm... Could you pls add some spacing / paragraphing your guide? Kindda hard reading it. Thanks. No offence here.

Meeehhhh.... and to think i recently started changing my build to U2 only.

Use magic Report

Point
UID

General Lieutenant General Cok Moderator Cok Sig Designer CoK Newbie Trainer

Post time 30-4-2012 06:58:24 |Show all posts
I think U2s are the way to go. They use less resources per unit time than U1s.

However, if you have the capabilities to spam U1 production 24/7, that would be a much better choice than U2s I think, because U1s are (I think, no maths used yet) the point where quantity > quality. But keep in mind the amount of food needed for pure U1s as well.

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 30-4-2012 15:46:56 |Show all posts
ironfate9 replied at 30-4-2012 21:58
I think U2s are the way to go. They use less resources per unit time than U1s.

However, if you hav ...

feeding u1 at 2500 / day and sending to battles with 10 rounds is cake - no gold required. NOT TO MENTION that if you are dominating rival kds you are constantly winning RW and getting tons of food there - RW you can haul in 2-4m food easily each game.

Use magic Report

Point
UID

Post time 1-5-2012 07:03:43 |Show all posts
vicious6 replied at 1-5-2012 06:46
feeding u1 at 2500 / day and sending to battles with 10 rounds is cake - no gold required. NOT TO  ...

Lol you couldn't be more wrong for the Reso war. Reso war isn't about kingdom domination. It's about how many active players there are at that time, and also personal.

1 person in the opposite kingdom with high ldr heroes and full NAs (only 5 troops needed, remember that) can tank your entire kingdom if all you have are U1s.

1 example. Guy with 300 ldr Pang Tong. Won 100+ battles just by camping at 4,4. Why? Thunder Fury in first attack with NAs = you good game.

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 1-5-2012 12:01:24 |Show all posts
ironfate9 replied at 1-5-2012 22:03
Lol you couldn't be more wrong for the Reso war. Reso war isn't about kingdom domination. It's abo ...

You will never reach 5 units of u2 with a 1m army breathing down your neck start just after the first month of server.

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 1-5-2012 12:05:08 |Show all posts
ironfate9 replied at 1-5-2012 22:03
Lol you couldn't be more wrong for the Reso war. Reso war isn't about kingdom domination. It's abo ...

So to counter you, you couldn't be more wrong sir. Point in case s38 dong has dominated RW for the past 2 weeks now because they haven't fought a single battle where shao, shu, wu, meng have been fighting and constantly losing troops and therefore can't load more than 3 u2 units until these past few days/week. also dong is sorta pathetic since players from other kingdoms are passing them in u2 production and have been fighting.. hell i lost almost 3 units of u2 in an early major battle and u1 total losses are around 40k in a handful of battles and i am passing dong players in troop numbers.

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 1-5-2012 18:10:20 |Show all posts
vicious6 replied at 2-5-2012 03:01
You will never reach 5 units of u2 with a 1m army breathing down your neck start just after the fi ...

vivious6 and ironfate...

u guys live in 2 different worlds...
S servers i can say is paradise.. =D
L servers are more like hell-mode.. T_T

1 month start of server, many ppl have 20k+ u2, even without all open lots.
and what classify L servers and S servers also is the hero quality.. There are ppl in L servers whose proc like BIA using u2 kills 5 units of full troops NAs, or with 3000 xbow kills off 35k troops including NA by soloing against an army with NPC defenders. Even players who spend a little of gold, their heroes skills are very much comparable to urs as they farm HC from a long time ago.. and maybe the schl level also different...

I appreciate u write a guide, and name it "Unite S Servers with U1", although if u continue playing cok, most of the time, u will be playing in L servers, unless koram changes some rules that make u guys stay in S servers longer.. I rather prefer that u write sth regarding L servers strategy since u are going to spend more time on it in the future >.<

Welcome to L servers in the future and see you there in L12 if u come.. we have plenty of ground for u to try out ur strategies..

Sorry that ironfate sounds harsh but what he says is true as u are viewing only one aspect of the game (as u not yet experience a L server).

Anyway, if u want play U1 against U1, it is hard unless someone coordinate with u in a plantation.. in major battles, u1 are just made more to die as tankers. just that some are made to stand longer (chainmail guards), some are meant to kill more before it die (xbow elites). only u2 are counted as main attacking force..

Ur strategy is a variation of chinese cok strategies, in which they produce t3s to rush instead. it is tested and worked before a PT comes along. With the upgrades now and larger map, it is not working for them.. so the chinese cok are evolving... same for our english cok, we are evolving too.. all attempts to try and develop new strategies are of coz welcome.. but develop them with a back in mind that ur final destination is L and not S will serve u better.. if not, u may feel u are cheated that whatever u build, die in an instant >.<

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 1-5-2012 19:57:25 |Show all posts
&quot;Red-Haire replied at 2-5-2012 09:10
vivious6 and ironfate...

u guys live in 2 different worlds...

hehe this is why I am a silver player now because when servers end I just hop to a new S server. I may sooner or later play an L server, but I doubt that I will enjoy it that much as I already find it ridiculous that people use so many alts on s servers and there are still some players who try to topple the balance by spamming gold. I know the L servers pretty well and I suppose it is my fault for not clearing up the situation in the beginning by saying that this will only work for S servers / silver players. Gold players are best off following Death's guide to U2 production as that is the best chance they have to surviving "Dante's Inferno" known as the L servers haha.

Use magic Report

Point
UID

Post time 1-5-2012 20:11:39 |Show all posts
vicious6 replied at 2-5-2012 03:01
You will never reach 5 units of u2 with a 1m army breathing down your neck start just after the fi ...

All it takes is one gold spammer to throw a spanner in your plans. My case in point would be S18. But of course, S18 is now history..

As Sun Tzu said, "Just as water retains no constant shape, so in warfare there are no constant conditions."

Every server is different, and with each server, you have different people and different tactics needed. While yours may require pure U1s, mine requires U2.

The main difference between you and me is that whilst I acknowledge the fact that U1s are essential and may be used purely at times, U2s can't be neglected and should be used as the main fighting force, you seem highly intent on showing that pure U1s are the only way to go. You may be right, but I can guarantee you it is not 100% of the time.

Still, I admire the way you stick to your ideals. Very little of these people nowadays ^^

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 1-5-2012 21:55:14 |Show all posts
ironfate9 replied at 2-5-2012 11:11
All it takes is one gold spammer to throw a spanner in your plans. My case in point would be S18.  ...

Well, the main thing that I want people to take away from this is that there is a way to easily get troops to the battlefield and a lot of them. Time and time again I play S servers with players who barely field a hand full of T3 units, some U1, and maybe a unit of U2.. That is unacceptable and I would trade all the U2 in the world if they would just mass enough U1 to put 10 heroes on the battlefield every time we attack. 25k troops is not much to ask for, hell my reserves are 25k minimum at all times and I scout with U1.

Use magic Report

Point
UID

CoK Newbie Trainer

Post time 5-5-2012 23:25:55 |Show all posts
i send all~~~
if enough food.. hahahaha..
Have 1 people ratedPoint Pack Reason
nikoro + 5 same here.. haha

Total score: Point + 5   View Rating Log

PrincessVika - s36

Use magic Report

Point
UID

CoK Newbie Trainer

Post time 8-5-2012 22:48:21 |Show all posts
vicious6 replied at 2-5-2012 12:55
Well, the main thing that I want people to take away from this is that there is a way to easily ge ...

I agree that if every player is able to field large amounts of U1 or T3 troops, it will make a big difference in battle.

However, to complain that players are only fielding small amount of troops in the forums is not going to help.

When I first started playing, I provide information and guide the legion with manor, hero development and troop recruitment requirements.
It helps to let the players (especially new ones), know what is expected of them and what targets they should try to meet (troop counts, silver, etc).

This is much more important in S servers since there are probably some new players who are clueless on what to do.

I know you made nice guides in the forums, maybe you should advertise it in your kingdom and ask all the players to come read it up.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|Koramgame

18-10-2018 09:47 GMT-7 , Processed in 0.014202 second(s), 14 queries .