Search
View: 6762|Reply: 15

Mage guideline. [Copy this link to quote]

Point
UID
Post time 25-4-2012 13:36:30 |Show all posts
1.0 There are 4 Primary tactics to play a Mage.

1.) Primary skills - the best skills are your basic attacks they are freely able to be used such as Fireball. You can be moving running Dimensional Port and still able to cast fireball instantly. its like a soldier with a sword and doing basic attack.

2.) Kiting - In almost all MMORPG, Browser based games. Kiting means moving around while doing your potential damage skills and spamming your primary attack.

3.) Crowd Control - Is mages job to make sure you control the outcome of your party's farming (if the game makes dungeon monsters harder that require a party to grind with and mini bosses in maps Mages become useful in partys to be able to reduce the amount of monsters hitting the tank and giving healers an easy job. Frost Blast (freezes monsters up, Sheep transform, Silence, Glacial shield when being aggroed by additional monsters.)

4.) Surroundings - Mages Must always be aware of what is ahead and behind them. this provides protection of being Gankged, or ganged up on and being killed faster than you can cast your CC spells. Mages should and always have a planned escape or kiting route. Make use of Dimensional Teleport this provides extra huge spacing away from aggressive Tanks, Archers.

With the 4 Basic Knowledge of Mages your capable of doing wonders with simple equips and medium abilities level.

2.0 How to Build a proper Mage.

There are several possible ways to build up a mage

1.) BloodLine- There are alot of primiary stats you need for a mage:
      A. Magic Attack- increase the amount of magic damage you deal out.
      B. Stamina - Increases your Defense, Health points.
      C. Health - Gives you more health to live longer from being attacked.
      D. Agility - gives you better Critical damage, Evasion from basic attacks.
      E. Wisdom - Gives you more magic Attack, Magic Points AKA mana.
      F. Defense - Provided your getting beat up by physical attack this helps reduce some of the damage.

2.) Gems- Fire/Frost dmg, HP, PVP less dmg gems are and should be primary gems for mage.
     A. Fire and frost dmg gems average level 3-5 for most mages would be good enough. i would go with all Fire dmg as your    primary skill is fireball, it also increases flame blast (ring) and meteor.
    B. HP/MP gems are actuall a must for mages you need to survive the longest while being attacked. Soldiers, Rangers primary targets are mages best to live to keep protecting your teammates than to die and unable to protect them.
    C. PVP Less dmg gem this gem is actually like a player vs player reduction in dmg. level 4-5 is around 1.7% reduction and can be put on up to 10 gears full 8 set of armor wings, and Staff. so a total of 17% reduction.

3.) Equipment/Upgrade - alot of equipments boost base stats. This is easy to obtain mainly because you can do Instances in levels 30-40-50-60 maps and they give Epic gears purple for mages. The equips can also be obtained by trading in medals at gear dealer. Also you may obtain Necklaces, Rings from completing Blue/Purple inn quest which give bounty hunter medals each require 30 bounty medals. and level 40+ equip only.

4.) Talents - There are many useful Talents that you can level these can be obtain by getting talent cards from NPC trading Blank Talent cards, or Doing instances, Auction house as well for Diamonds. Enhance Ice Arrow gives you the ability to freeze your opponents for 2-4 secs depending on talent level. This comes in handy with luck of landing. enhance silence decreases the Cool Down, ignite gives you the chance to do DoT ( damage over time) from fireballs meteor etc. very useful.

5.) Spamming - Continuously using the faster cd skills such as Fireball 0.75 sec. Flame blast (ring of fire) 1 sec cd. Ice Arrow 1.5sec cd. These skills can be used repetitively and intensively as fast as possible to dish out damage.

6.) Skills - Maxing certain skills such as Meteor, spammable skills, CC skills are important as they do more damage and last longer also reduce cooldowns. making you very deadly to fight on 1 vs 1 challenge.

3.0 How to PVP (Player VS Player)

1.) With the above knowledge i've mentioned you should have no problem to assess and apply the potential skills you've learned to play this game as a mage.

2.) ALWAYS i mean ALWAYS pay attention to your attackers skills and how and when they use it Glacial Shield is your best friend this allows you to be immune to ALL damage from any skill or attack even with 1 hp left. It could become useful to make soldiers and archer spam their important skills on your and waste it for that duration of CD.

3.) CC skills can be applied to single base or team fights. Frost ring gives 5 secs snare skill very important you save this skill to avoid being continuously spammed with skills and resulting in death. Make use of silence skill which prevents your attacks to use their spammable skills and only result to basic attacks. This gives you the advantage of kiting your useful fireball. Also keep moving around the field and kite them physical damage dealers. if its vs a Priest then its a magic vs heals u need to dish out your strongest spells Meteor with mana amplify.

This guide was made by ultimaking.
Level 62.5 Mage and going higher over 3.3k kill count and going higher.
People underestimate us mages now time to show them our power.

Please rate and hope you enjoy the guide.
Have 5 people ratedPoint Pack Reason
Jasain + 5 Powerfull!
Stormchild + 5 Usefull
Attom + 5 This guide is made by a MAGE... who TANK
shinshin + 5 Usefull
Mamoru aja + 5 Usefull

Total score: Point + 25   View Rating Log

“To win you've got to stay in the game.”
“Individuals play the game, but teams win championships.”

Point
UID
Post time 25-4-2012 13:48:59 |Show all posts

IGN : Mamoru
Server 1

Use magic Report

Point
UID

Newbie Guide Medal Major Captain SF Moderator

Post time 25-4-2012 15:19:19 |Show all posts
Very nicely laid out Ultima.

I am to Positive to be Doubtful, too Optimistic to be Fearful and to Determined to be Defeated.

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 25-4-2012 17:24:41 |Show all posts
thanks guys i will make more guidelines regarding Team work PVP, Some quest and such.

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 25-4-2012 17:26:56 |Show all posts
use glacial ward vs strong player then make a combo with MANA AMPLIFY + METEOR...

2.9k kills non cash shop user mage here

imba
lvl 63 mage s1 server
(L2 imba level 100 priest)
(75k hp)
(abyss floor 100)
(200k damage on monster)
(s1 imba level 71 mage)

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 25-4-2012 17:33:29 |Show all posts
spamming skills vs mobs all you need is fireball and flame blast thats all no ice arrow

and for vs soldier you can use ice arrow and frost blast combo with meteor and hit and run with fireball and flame blast

for range character its wise to stick with them spam fire ball and flame blast....
(75k hp)
(abyss floor 100)
(200k damage on monster)
(s1 imba level 71 mage)

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 25-4-2012 17:39:23 |Show all posts
and use always silence all the time
(75k hp)
(abyss floor 100)
(200k damage on monster)
(s1 imba level 71 mage)

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 25-4-2012 17:41:17 |Show all posts
1703276682@face replied at 25-4-2012 17:33
spamming skills vs mobs all you need is fireball and flame blast thats all no ice arrow

and for  ...

no.. you need ice arrow because it does have 10% chance to freeze ALSO you have 10% chance to gain 10% mana back which saves u on mp food/ pots infusers.

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 25-4-2012 17:44:09 |Show all posts
for fast killing only you need is fireball and flame blast =D 1.5sec seems too long to cast hehehe
(75k hp)
(abyss floor 100)
(200k damage on monster)
(s1 imba level 71 mage)

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 25-4-2012 22:38:43 |Show all posts
ulti, u forgot to add...mage got a talent for frost ring, 30% chance to make target +20% magic damage taken. this is very useful.

if u are 1v1, try silence, if that dun work, can try frost blast, if it work, quicky use amplify and then meteor.

my pk combo is always  frost blast, amplify, meteor.
or silence, frost blast, meteor (if dun got amplify)

it can also be a support skill for your group in pvp. since frost blast is a aoe skill. everyone u hit with it has 30% to get that debuff... +20% magic damage taken

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 26-4-2012 04:44:08 |Show all posts
those are tips i am speaking about general possibilities to obtain items I've said i will add those in a side section later with tips, advance tips, and tricks.

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 26-4-2012 20:22:45 |Show all posts
"over 3.3k kill count and going higher" ... when I see numbers like this, I know I see a spawn killer and an AFK killer. Great job. I bet it takes "real" skill to do it

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 26-4-2012 20:30:05 |Show all posts
Actually Glory does not condone afk killing. And spawn killing... odds are out of the 500 people that die, you'll get 10 kills if it's a big group like you're probably assuming.

Ulti is legit. Just sayin.

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 26-4-2012 23:36:25 |Show all posts
legit = not cheating and I never said he/she cheats.
Killing people that are on auto-act does not imply any skills so boasting with kill numbers is empty in this case.

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 29-4-2012 07:14:32 |Show all posts
i have not done many auto attacks to make 3.3k i'm rarely in Dimensional pking.. it is if only my members say they got pk'd by ______ person i go pk them afk or in pvp maps or in bf regardless..

in battle field i am usually up to around 15 kills.. with revive bugs you can tell how many revive bug users i've killed =)

you can thank the ppl that revive so much in setan merah that gave me my kill count..

unfortunately there is a priest i know who would kill anyone afk or not running so much and just DoT ppl so meh.. i am not going to point out any more issues because i know how i got my kills and i know what i need to do to increase it.

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 21-6-2012 04:09:58 |Show all posts
attack Skill  in this game not balance... coz skill mage n ranger is poor.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|Koramgame

14-12-2019 14:49 GMT-7 , Processed in 0.008692 second(s), 12 queries .