Search
View: 2179|Reply: 6

Hero Skill Building [In Progress] [Copy this link to quote]

Point
UID
Post time 16-4-2012 21:52:46 |Show all posts
I've seen some weird builds for players, so here are some advice, for anyone who cares to listen:
GH will be ignored, since I think everyone knows a whole lot about them...

Hero types, to me, are classified to a few general ones:
-Archer Hero
-Cavalry Hero
-Infantry Hero
-Seige Hero
-City Hero
-"Build-ur-own" Hero, or the versatile types.

Defining Hero types:
To know which type of hero it is, it is recommended to look at a couple of the following:
-> Skill sets
-> Formations
-> Stats

SKILL SETS

For skill sets, highest priority is placed on skills that cannot be forgotten, followed by skills that start of at lvl 2 or 3.
Generally speaking, heroes with the following skills are pretty much fixed in their classes:
Deng Ai, due to his eagle eye, is best as archer hero, though his other skill and formation state otherwise.
Jiang Wei, due to Triple Threat, is also good as an archer hero.
Ma Dai's Hell's Cavalry means he is cavalry hero. Using him as any other type wastes his skill.
Heroes with City Seige lvl 2+ or maybe Wang Shuang with his Hero's Valour is good for Seige as well.

FORMATIONS
Formations should usually give a good idea for the troop type ur hero is supposed to have, but sometimes some weird heroes have formations that are quite useless for their troop type, like Deng Ai and his forms. Still generally, Heaven Earth and defensive forms are better for inf because of their inherently bonus defences, specific attack forms for each of the troop types. Forms outside of this classification like Sieve and Snake are more for seige, and Cresent pretty much means that ur hero should not go inf, that's all.

STATS
Stats are indicators of skills to learn as well. More on this later.

-Archer Hero

Probable Starting Skills: Archer Commander, Bow Master, Triple Threat, Eagle's Eye, Flaming Arrows
Probable Formations: Hook, Wild Goose
Good Skills to learn: Fleet Foot, Pyromaniac if high intellect, Archer Guardian, Cresent Form could also work.
Comments: This is one of the most overused troop type, since a lot of players like NA. Furthermore, Bow Master, Flaming arrows are quite easy to get, Fleet Foot is a staple in Academy, so its pretty easy to buff up ur archer hero if u want.

-Cavalry Hero

Probable Starting Skills: Cavalry Commander, Saddle Master, Hells' Cavalry,
Probable Formations: ArrowHead, Awl, Crane-Wing
Good Skills to learn: Cavalry Guardian, Mounted bowman, Lightning Speed
Comments:

-Infantry Hero

Probable Starting Skills: Melee Master, Infantry Commander, Bloody Swath, Thicket of Spears
Probable Formations: Diamond, Heaven & Earth
Good Skills to learn:
Comments:

-Seige Hero

Probable Starting Skills: City Seige, Curtain of Fire, Hero's Valor
Probable Formations: Any thing will work. Snake is a good choice for increasing move speed.
Good Skills to learn: Seige master, commander, guardian. Crushing Might, Power Blast, Trailblazer, Surging Deluge, Thunder Road
Comments: Most players seem to like building their seige heroes from other hero types. I would suggest them to stop. While it is pretty easy let the hero set up with Seige skills from mystery shop, its not effective. Its better pick a hero with disposition to being a seige hero, especially those with the following skills: City Seige, Curtain of Fire, Surging Deluge, and complement them with Seige master, commander for more dmg, crushing might for those who use catapults, power blast for rams. Some players seem to like adding blood battle, but in my opinion, its crap

-City Hero

-"Build-ur-own" Hero, or the versatile types.

Point
UID
Post time 16-4-2012 21:53:12 |Show all posts
Reserved for additional posting

Use magic Report

Guru

CoK Mascot Imposter

Point
UID
Post time 17-4-2012 05:35:27 |Show all posts
There are no heroes that actually start out with Surging Deluge or Thunder Road.

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 17-4-2012 06:13:09 |Show all posts
Updated, thx!

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 12-7-2012 19:53:07 |Show all posts
so, how and what condition yiu can upgrade skills?

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 22-2-2014 14:32:51 |Show all posts
I would add carrier heroes as a separate class, but that might just fall under build-your-own, I don't know if some people like to make carrier-city or some other types of hybrids for their carriers, but they're pretty staightforward in terms of how to set up. Politic boosting gears (probably left-overs from what you don't use on your other heroes), with saddle bag, heavy load, and full steam scrolls with serpent formation. You could also throw in road master/market tycoon since your politics will be big, and help out with transit/commerce boosting when your carriers don't need to march any time soon, but if you're only going to be using 2 carrier heroes (all I've ever needed to use), they probably won't be getting much down time.

Just my opinions and builds, feel free to suggest changes.

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 14-12-2015 00:01:46 |Show all posts
I thought this would be a guide t enhancing stats there really needs to be a guide becasue after the firsyt few enhances the system seems to try to cheat you into accepting new rolls that really rip down any stat you tried to build up. Some days seem to give better enhance results from seeing the times when ALL my characters and their heroes from the same server are getting bum rolls to days when they seem to all be getting pretty decent rolls. I try to work on one hero at a time and this means a great deal of tedious 10 minute cool downs. This is really a very bad p2win feature and needs to be imporve as if your a stat believer like I tend to be it really prevents you form deploying and participati9ng in the game because I think you should wait to max out(as best you can) your stats through enhancement before doing augmenting. I See players are kind ve sticking to try to max out one or two stast and let the others be lame so they can move forward and thats probably wise and should be in a guide but I do it bby the numbers and generally wont accept a +2 -20 trade off for stat enhancement (for example) even if its the preferred stat thats getting a plus. Becuase of how the enhancement pattern starts out I try to assume that the more you accept new rolls the better/larger the potential numbers mathematically should improve but on bad luck server rip off days it really seems to debunk that theory so thats why I'm here looking for the math formula for stat enhancement or a guide..but seems noone has figured it out, or bothered to post about it.
Have 1 people ratedPoint Pack Reason
FALLEN_ANGEL -9 Stop writing long paragraphs DUDE!!!

Total score: Point -9   View Rating Log

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|Koramgame

8-12-2019 17:14 GMT-7 , Processed in 0.007935 second(s), 10 queries .