Search
View: 4298|Reply: 14

X-Legend Entertainment (Spirit Tales Developer) Interview [Copy this link to quote]

Point
UID
Post time 22-3-2012 10:25:17 |Show all posts

This week we wanted to give our Community Manager a break from all the interviews he's had to do so far, so we sat down with Spirit Tales developer, X-Legend Entertainment to talk about all things Spirit Tales. From their ideas behind designing certain features, how it's different from their previous games, and much more! We even picked a few questions from curious members of the Spirit Tales Community to ask them! See what they had to say:

Q: Can you talk more about the dungeons and the strategies required?

The dungeons in Spirit Tales help players become more immersed in the world while also providing them with a unique experience unlike any other feature we have in the game. The way we designed the dungeons was to make it so that players will need to utilize different movement techniques and work together effectively in order to be successful. We wanted to stay away from the old "Tank-and-Spank" model as much as possible and offer something different. As for strategies for defeating raid bosses, that's for players to figure out for themselves!

Q: How about the overall player-versus-player (PvP) experience?

Our PvP arenas are not the traditional, non-flexible ones where players will get bored after a while. We wanted something different. So like the dungeons, our arenas are very dynamic and designed to encourage constant movement, which in turn, results in more interesting and diverse battles. We expect everyone to get a kick out of watching all the cute characters running around the battlefield!

Q: What was the idea behind boss pet eggs?

The reason behind doing this was to try and allow players to have as much freedom as possible when it comes to catching their favorite monster. Since boss battles tend to be one of the most enjoyable aspects of the game, we wondered what it would be like if we allowed players to catch them as well. Our hope was that players would get a thrill when they saw a once formidable monster following closely at their heels. After trying it out ourselves, we knew we had something fun here, and from then on we have never looked back!

Q: How did you come up with the unique camera view?

In the Taiwan version, we started with only locking views. After a while, our users became so fascinated with the colorful and whimsical environment, that they wanted a camera angle that would emphasize that. So after listening to the community's suggestions, we were able to integrate the new horizontal camera view that you currently see in Spirit Tales, while keeping the previous camera options intact as well.

Q: There are 40 million unique fashion combinations in Spirit Tales. Why so many?

Have you ever been in a situation where you're out at a restaurant or party, and someone else is wearing the same exact outfit as you? It's a familiar feeling and something we wanted to avoid completely in Spirit Tales. We wanted a customization system that gives players that same level of freedom as they would get in the real world, and we think 40 million is a pretty good number to start out with.

Q: How was designing Spirit Tales different from your previous games like Eden Eternal?

Eden Eternal is more focused on class design and utilizes the traditional "Tank-and-Spank" model. For Spirit Tales however, we wanted to provide players with more in-game freedom and an overall relaxing, player-oriented gameplay experience. So with that mind, the class design in Spirit Tales is much more straightforward, but comes equipped with a robust customization system instead. We also added an extensive pet system that allows players to capture and train almost any of the Spirit Tales creatures, including the bosses. And as mentioned earlier, raiding requires different strategies like utilizing movement and coming up with innovative attack combinations.  

Q: What's next for X-Legend? Will you ever design a game that isn't so cute?

Even though we have a reputation of creating some of the cutest games out on the market, we're not excluding any specific themes or genres. Our plan is to continue designing games that players love. We're very grateful for all of the fans and we'll do anything to make them happy! We look forward to hearing your feedback!

If the Spirit Tales Community has more questions, please leave them below and we'll try to get those answered as well in our next interview!
Anonymous  Post time 22-3-2012 10:48:32
I haven't received an answer on one of the questions that I have at the moment, even though Colby said something along the lines of "most likely". My question is whether using starlight points from the twilight arena will affect our chances of getting the top 10, or will there be a log that knows our total starlight points before they were spent, so like 100/400 something like that. Thanks.

Use magic

Global Moderator

Spirit Tales Community Manager

Point
UID
Post time 22-3-2012 10:56:56 |Show all posts
Guest 99.245.18.x replied at 22-3-2012 09:48
I haven't received an answer on one of the questions that I have at the moment, even though Colby sa ...

Please keep discussion of this event in the event thread.  Click here

Also please feel free to ask more questions and we will forward them to our Developers for answers!

Colbeagle's Signature by PinkApples! <3
Spirit Tales - Cute MMORPG

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 22-3-2012 11:30:20 |Show all posts
Q: They're working in the 2nd Job? Have a release date already?

Q: I see ST has less features than GDO (like auto-pot(no, I hate auto-pot)), so we have a possibility to have some exclusive features for ST?

Have you ever been in a situation where you're out at a restaurant or party, and someone else is wearing the same exact outfit as you? It's a familiar feeling and something we wanted to avoid completely in Spirit Tales. We wanted a customization system that gives players that same level of freedom as they would get in the real world, and we think 40 million is a pretty good number to start out with.

└───► I still don't know how this will work, has no picture of how we'll customize?
Signature Removed.

Use magic Report

Point
UID

Everlight Contributor

Post time 22-3-2012 12:10:49 |Show all posts
I love how unique this game is <3 I personally played Eden Eternal and although the details they put into classes were admirable, it just wasn't for me.

This is totally the perfect game for me. ^-^

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 26-3-2012 17:49:13 |Show all posts
question: when is the release of the official wiki?? and i've read and article regarding the 2 new tribes
the rabbit and the mouse??! cool..when will it be launch ??

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 6-4-2012 11:15:52 |Show all posts
this is the cutes game  iever seen (did i spell cutes right)

Use magic Report

Super Guru

Opposition Xuse ::.

Point
UID
Post time 7-4-2012 06:28:19 |Show all posts
I just realise the icons they use for the "The odds of..." are from another X-Legend mmorpg ee

CBT - Xuse - Lv 40 Sorcerer - First In Server To Hit Lv 40
OBT - Xyne - Lv 45 Fighter (40 Hours)

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 8-4-2012 16:51:17 |Show all posts
Xuse replied at 7-4-2012 13:28
I just realise the icons they use for the "The odds of..." are from another X-Legend mmorpg ee

I'd noticed some of the ingame item icons in Spirit Tales were also 'recycled' from the same 'other' game your on about.

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 8-4-2012 17:19:23 |Show all posts
I wanna play NOW!
Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

Use magic Report

ST Moderator

Keeping it realz.

Point
UID
Post time 8-4-2012 18:17:15 |Show all posts
Suicide Samurai replied at 8-4-2012 17:19
I wanna play NOW!

I so agree with this statement
Please be real.

Use magic Report

Guru

♥Chinaboy♥

Point
UID
Post time 15-4-2012 12:15:49 |Show all posts
Very good! PP

Use magic Report

Anonymous  Post time 17-4-2012 13:14:28
Sry for the spam!
I cant wait for the game too

Use magic

Point
UID
Post time 17-4-2012 14:06:39 |Show all posts
Is the OpenBeta going to be moved a day sooner?  there like 6000 like on facebook i dont remember but on one of the fourms it said if there were 1000 likes from facebook they would move Openbeta a day sooner... so will the game come a day sooner? or will it just come out on the 25th?

Use magic Report

Super Guru

Kiripedia

Point
UID
Post time 17-4-2012 14:40:21 |Show all posts
25th is the earliest it'll come out.

3pm PDT (GMT-7) for old timer event winners and 4pm PDT for everyone else.

Myona - Lv60 Epic Ninja
Kirisame - Lv60 Hybrid Medium

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|Koramgame

22-12-2014 02:05 GMT-7 , Processed in 0.068571 second(s), 5 queries , Apc On.