Search
View: 4426|Reply: 6

Death's guide to V1.4 Gear Improvements [Copy this link to quote]

Point
UID

Cok Moderator

Post time 15-12-2011 00:01:59 |Show all posts
With the release of V1.4 tonight many players were interested in testing out the new gear improvements. Death has come to help all players further understand some of these features. I hope you enjoy the guide.

Orange Items?
Although I am yet to see one, I believe V1.4 introduced the first Orange items. When you attempt to temper a purple gear you will notice it states “You cannot Temper Purple or Orange gear.” I can only assume orange gears will have 5 features since purple has 4.

Contents:
Recycling
Enhancing
Upgrading
Refining
Tempering
Have 1 people ratedPoint Pack Reason
Liquid.Snake + 6 Very nice!

Total score: Point + 6   View Rating Log

S10 First Premier of Ma

Point
UID

Cok Moderator

Post time 15-12-2011 00:02:03 |Show all posts
Recycling
Although item recycling is the last tab within the gear improvements, it is most likely the first feature of V1.4 you will need to tryin order to begin your experimentations of gear improvements. Each player isable to recycle up to 20 gears per day. In return you will receive a variety of items which are essential to making improvements to the gears you wish to usein battle. Only recycle items which you no longer want or need since they willbe destroyed. If you need all your current items, I would recommend buying cheap items from the Mystery Shop for the sole purpose of recycling.

Here’s a list of the different items you can get for recycling. I find higher quality gears provide better chances at gaining high level enhancement items.
Yin Jade: Used to upgrade gears, ranges from level I to V for white to orange gears respectively.
Flaming Jade: Used to refine gears, ranges from level I to V for white to orange gears respectively.
Image needed - Solid Ice: Used to temper gears.
Yin Jade Fragments: exchange multiple fragments for yin jade of the same level.
Flaming Jade Fragments: exchange multiple fragments for flaming jade of same level.
Solid Ice Fragments: exchange multiple fragments for solid ice.
Mithril: Increases the enhancement level of gears.
Minor Mithril: Increases the enhancement level of gears upto level +5.

Trading In Fragments
After you have recycled enough gears, its time to trade in your fragments for actual enhancing items. Go to the mystery shop and then item exchange tab. Below all your scrolls you will find the fragments which can be exchanged using minor scholars scrolls.

Enhancing
It seems to be the same system as always. Max level of gears remains +10. Rumour has it that the chances of enhancement have been reduced since mithril is now easier to come by with recycling. This is yet to be confirmed.
S10 First Premier of Ma

Use magic Report

Point
UID

Cok Moderator

Post time 15-12-2011 00:02:04 |Show all posts
Upgrading
Upgrading gears allows players to use Yin Jades to transform their items to a new version which requires a higher level. There is no risk to losing gears using this feature. After each successful upgrade the current stats on a gear are increased along with a higher minimum level. Along with these, the amount of yin jade required for the next upgrade increases. The minimum level for items now passes level 30 and a wide range of new items have been introduced including round birettas and gold rings. It is important to note that upgrading my result in a change in enhancement level. For example an item which is +5 could change for better of for worse, such as +6 or +4.

Refining
Refining uses flaming jade to replace a stat or bonus of an item with a new random stat or bonus. The player is able to select the gear’s stat which will be replaced. There is no risk to losing the gear using this feature.There is no limit to how many times an item can be refined. Mounts may now have their “Increased marching speed” replaced with a new stat or ability. I assume this feature will be extensively used by players to improve mounts as increased marching speed is useless in actual battle.

Numbers of required flaming jade
White - 4x lvl 1 flaming jade per attribute change.
Green - 4x lvl 2 flaming jade per attribute change.
Blue - 10x lvl 3 flaming jade per attribute change.
Purple - 13x lvl 4 flaming jade per attribute change.

In my opinion the number of required jade should remain the same for all colours of gear since finding the higher level flaming jade is more difficult as it is. Perhaps this will be changed someday.

Temper
Tempering is more of a gamble than the past features discussed.WARNING: Gears can be destroyed using this feature! Therefore, if you do not want to risk losing a particular gear, do not use it in tempering. I have not personally used this feature yet so when I do so I will write a more detailed explanation. So far friends have told me that it can be used to upgrade the colour of your gear. For example you can make a green gear become a blue gear therefore it gains an additional stat or bonus. As previously stated I have not tried this so the legitimacy remains under question.

There you have it, the new gear improvements of V1.4. I hope you’ve enjoyed reading the guide and I welcome any comments or suggestions below.

Good luck improving!

xDEATHx (L8)
Have 1 people ratedPoint Pack Reason
aainn + 5

Total score: Point + 5   View Rating Log

S10 First Premier of Ma

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 15-12-2011 00:18:28 |Show all posts
nice, thanks alot

Use magic Report

Point
UID

Cok Moderator

Post time 18-12-2011 18:59:10 |Show all posts
Number of flaming jades required added to the "Refining" section.
S10 First Premier of Ma

Use magic Report

Find me in S50 if you need me

Point
UID

CoK Newbie Trainer First Lieutenant Legendary Talent Cok Moderator

Post time 18-12-2011 23:32:05 |Show all posts
death, u sure that upgrade can fail ? ive upgraded 30 gears ++ and none failed

Use magic Report

Point
UID

Cok Moderator

Post time 19-12-2011 03:01:24 |Show all posts
Hakase, I think you are correct. I shall change it thanks for the help!
S10 First Premier of Ma

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|Koramgame

18-10-2018 08:49 GMT-7 , Processed in 0.008499 second(s), 11 queries .