Search
View: 10555|Reply: 132

[Legion Article]So you want to be a commander? [Copy this link to quote]

Point
UID

Major

Post time 2-11-2011 15:38:00 |Show all posts

How to become a COmmander?

The first thing you must do to become a legion commander is to create one. This is easy with two steps but first remember the development point requirement of 50.

Step 1 click on the legion icon on the bottom right of your screen its the 6th one going from left to right and it has two crossed swords as the icon

legion.jpg

Step 2 After doing step one click on create a new legion.This will bring you up to the legion name which is limited to 18 characters and the legion motto which is limited to 400 characters.

Remember for your legion name - This will represent what your legion represents

For your motto make it something that your legion can be proud and that will boost their morale.

legion name and motto.jpg

smarflegion.jpg

After doing this you will have successfully created your legion.

The next step is to invite people into your legion.  I suggest inviting people whom are your friends and that you know that they will be active or people whose development points seem to increase a lot on a day to day basis. Don't always go for the people that have high honor points because you never know if they will become inactive.

SO now you have a fair amount of members of people from inviting and accepting applicants. So my next question is simple How do you expect to do all the things that are required from a legion commander?

The answer is clear and simple. Assigning Deputy Commanders to help you. You are able to assign 5 of them unless you research and get more but for the basics i will lay them out to you.

Many people think Deputy Commanders only mail and send out invites but to me they can do so much more for you.

dc.jpg

DC(deputy Commander)

First DC- This DC will be in charge of the legion when you aren't around to answer questions for your legion as far as where you guys are going and whats expected of you. He will also mail other legion members the times of attacks for Premier Orders or of legion attacks and make sure the legion is doing the best it can. This will help run the legion efficiently when you aren't around.

Second DC- This DC is in charge of keeping troop counts of the legion and reporting it back to you or the DC in charge if your not around. This will help you in deciding what your troops next move should be or where you think your legion can help others. This DC will send out a mail about every week to give you updates.

Third DC- This DC is in charge of regulating the legion as far as making sure people are active and not being inactive. And if they are being super inactive this DC has the power to kick them out of the legion. But make sure he sends out a mail before hand letting people know that there will be cuts going on and what the requirements are to stay in the legion. This will allow you to say to those that were kicked that you had ample time to get up to the requirement and that you weren't kicked out of the legion unfairly.

Fourth DC- This DC is what I like to call the scouter. His job is to look around the kingdom rankings to see if a potentially great player has been overlooked by the other legions. If a potentially great player has been overlooked than he will send a mail to the DC in charge of inviting people.

Fifth and Final DC- This DC is in charge of inviting others to join the legion and accepting applicants into the legion. This DC will make sure that whatever the requirement is for joining the legion that that requirement is being followed. Before this DC lets someone into the legion tho make sure they check with you first because it might have been someone that has been kicked out before.

So with all these deputies you might ask wow so as a Legion Commander whats my job?

Your job is still complex in many ways. I will break down all these ways for you

1. Assigning legion credits to the right research.

Early in the game silver is a crucial part so that your legion members can gain more manors and thus more troops. SO early on I recommend you put credits into the research labeled accounting. What this will do is to help your members get more silver from the taxes they collect and as well more credits. Later on in the game I recommend putting legion credits into the researches labeled MArching regulation and Scarecrow on pg 2 of research. This will help your members troop move faster to the battlefield and let them gain food from plantation battles longer.

silver research.jpg

speedreseach.jpg

2. MAking sure you know whats going on.
Keep up to date on the PO's for attacks and when you see that your kingdom city will be under attack alert your members to send some troops over that way to help insure victory or a well earned defeat.

3. Keep your DC's inline.

There will come a time when one DC crosses into the boundary of another DC's power. Make sure that they know their duties and make sure that it wont happen again so that the efficiency of the legion is not lost.

4. Sign up for the legion Mine Battles.
Signing up for the legion mine battles is crucial because if you win all your legion mates that signed up will get an extra amount of silver and you get legion credits to put towards more research. My advice is to periodically remind your legion mates to sign up for the legion mine battle so that they will remember to.

5. Keep a level head.

There will be times when your legion members decide to argue with you. Its your responsibility to keep a cool head and not get flustered under pressure. I was a commander in s18 and got flustered and left to go to s19 because i could not take it. So my advice just admit your wrong when you are and stand up for yourself when you know you are right.

6. Once you have reached a certain amount of members you will be able to give out legion codes.

Make sure that you give out one per player because the code can not be used twice. I made this mistake in s18 and have learned this the hard way.

There is also the gold code that can be used as well. This code is available to your legion after you have 70-80+ different IP addresses and the rewards are plentiful. So make sure you invite people so that this code can me made available to you.

7. Taking advice when its given.

Learn to take advice from others. My quote is the strength of a legion is not by the amount of members you have but the combined intellect of the whole legion. Some members have great advice use it wisely and you will be looking good.

Advanced commanding

In this section i will teach you the ways to be truly great.

1. In order to gain respect others you must earn it. It is not just given to you , gain respect bydefending with great intellect and knowing the battlefield the way it should be set up.

2. know how much each troop moves
this will allow you to help the Minister of Military set up the defenses in the best possible way in order to achieve greatness.

3. Remember that a great legion isnt a single person effort but a group effort. Each person has value in your legion learn to maximize it in order to increase and enhance the efficiency.

4. Knowing how to use a Lure effectively to minimize your casaulties for your legion during attacks.

5. Ask what troops your members are using so that you know where to place them on the battlefield and how long each takes to get somewhere so that you can politely remind them to send.

6. Know which units take the longest to recruit so that you can recommend them sending to a battlefield or to have them stay and wait till they get a full troop ready.

7. Remember to keep their morale by joking or making light of the situation so that your legion members never lose in you.

8. Send out different settings for different troops and different types. You never know what will happen untill you have given it enough times on the battlefield.

9. Know the difference between moving decoys, attacking decoys and stationary decoys. AS you go on with the server each one of these types can help with your day to day legionary attacks.

10. Know where the choke points for your part of the map and know where not to atack unless you are willing to continue on. Learn the best possible attacks at choke points so that you are knowledgeable enough to know how to defend them and attack so that your legion and kingdom can be successful.

11. Just because people cant make the attack doesnt mean they cant contribute have them send lures in to make the enemy troops move closer so that you can deal more damage.

More Deputy commander types

Once you have researched talent scouting here are some more deputy commander types that are more advanced that you might want to consider.

1. Settings Commander- In charge of making sure that ur legion members know exactly what settings you want for all numbers of troops and all types of troops.

2. Distribution Commander- In charge of telling members how many troops to send to one area when your not on and making sure that theres enough at the current position to hold the fortress.

3. Premier negotiator- In charge of talking to the premier making sure that the times are right and fair for your legion to have activity in the attack. Also gives your advice to the prem on where they should move next or attack.

Tips for success

1. Always be willing to change the game plan. Just because something does not work out as planned does not mean that you can not take advantage of the current situation.

2. Do not be negative. Once people start to see you lose composure or start feeling like dooms day is upon you, your legion members will start to lose hope and not perform at maximum efficiency.

3. A great legion is an efficient legion. The more your legion can accomplish in a day as a legion whether it be credit donation or donation points it will help to build that morale up.

4. Most important of all just remember to have fun. Once you stop having fun it becomes a drag to play so always look up and have fun whenever you can.

5. Know your timezones efficiently so that each one of your members can participate in the attack more people contributing to the cause equals more damage dealt and less troops killed.

6. If you manage to get rank IX hold a credit donation contest to see who can get the most and give them a rank up and each time more and more members will buy in to this idea and in the end the legion will prosper from all the credits donated

7. If you cant get on for a while give the commander position to the second in command so that they may disperse credits around and sign up for legion mine battles while you are away.

8. Do not make people higher in your legion because of gold. The only thing gold really does is make it so you have better heros and gear. That is really it truly amazing silver players can be awesome without the use of gold and beat gold players so hold everyone in your legion on the same ground.

Concluding If you want to be the best you must think like the best. Everyone in your legion holds a key to success, the more keys you gather the greater the success will be.

I hope this will help all the truly amazing commanders become better than they ever thought imaginable.

-BeastTamer     S33 – Jiao - SmurfTamer

Have 2 people ratedPoint Pack Reason
Fredd + 3 dep com. part cool!!!!
Soul_Hunter + 5 The best!

Total score: Point + 8   View Rating Log

[

Point
UID

First Lieutenant

Post time 2-11-2011 16:04:19 |Show all posts
Very nice BeasTtamer very nice
Have 1 people ratedPoint Pack Reason
Irongirl + 1

Total score: Point + 1   View Rating Log

now visit this.  http://sethskie.blogspot.com/

Use magic Report

Point
UID

Major

Post time 2-11-2011 16:09:46 |Show all posts
thank you much bro
[

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 2-11-2011 16:34:10 |Show all posts
cool
Irongirl + 1

PS history :
S49 > S47 > S53 > L24 > L27 > L28 > L32

Use magic Report

Point
UID

Major

Post time 2-11-2011 16:38:47 |Show all posts
thank you as well =)
[

Use magic Report

Super Guru

Always Lurking

Point
UID

Major Wise Lord Cok Moderator

Post time 2-11-2011 18:08:27 |Show all posts
Nice one, little beast!!!
Irongirl + 1

Use magic Report

Point
UID

Major

Post time 2-11-2011 18:12:20 |Show all posts
hahah many thanks Ray i tried my best and thats all i can say
[

Use magic Report

Point
UID

Major

Post time 2-11-2011 23:41:39 |Show all posts
decided to bump my own thread ^^
[

Use magic Report

Super Guru

Always Lurking

Point
UID

Major Wise Lord Cok Moderator

Post time 3-11-2011 00:34:39 |Show all posts
I help u bump. XD

Use magic Report

Point
UID

CoK Newbie Trainer

Post time 3-11-2011 01:21:02 |Show all posts
Thanks BeastTamer for reading my post...
its hard to create unique post...
Irongirl + 1

Use magic Report

Point
UID

First Lieutenant

Post time 3-11-2011 02:08:52 |Show all posts
Nice post BT. . . So do you get credit for spamming your own thread? If so I am going to miss out on battles so I can spam replies to mine.
Irongirl + 1

Use magic Report

Point
UID

Major

Post time 3-11-2011 08:01:12 |Show all posts
thanks brug and i dont know man
[

Use magic Report

Point
UID

First Lieutenant

Post time 3-11-2011 11:18:38 |Show all posts
Nice1 BT hmm mayb i gonna try write something too hehhee
Irongirl + 1

Use magic Report

Point
UID

Major

Post time 3-11-2011 12:04:16 |Show all posts
nice DC hope you do and thanks for the support
[

Use magic Report

I need GOLD!!

Point
UID
Post time 3-11-2011 12:43:42 |Show all posts
Almost everything on my mind was there.
Irongirl + 1

♞Admiral™
The First Premier of Tao Kingdom S2
Current Server: S33

Use magic Report

Point
UID

Major

Post time 3-11-2011 15:20:28 |Show all posts
Thanks admiral i tried to write as much as I possibly know about a good legion
[

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 3-11-2011 15:44:55 |Show all posts
nice!!! great help to everyone!
Irongirl + 1

Use magic Report

Point
UID

Major

Post time 3-11-2011 15:47:21 |Show all posts
thanks wild appreciate the compliment
[

Use magic Report

I Make Little Kids Cry

Point
UID

Cok Moderator

Post time 3-11-2011 15:51:53 |Show all posts

Support

Go BT!!!
Irongirl + 1

Use magic Report

Point
UID

Major

Post time 3-11-2011 15:57:13 |Show all posts
Thanks for the support Rosa xD
[

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|Koramgame

5-12-2019 13:22 GMT-7 , Processed in 0.013544 second(s), 14 queries .