Search
View: 4593|Reply: 27

Being a Successful Legion Commander by Loning of S16 and S21 [Copy this link to quote]

Point
UID

Major Captain First Lieutenant Capable Governor Legendary Talent Sun Tzu Gambit Master Mage Master COM Moderator DS Moderator

Post time 8-4-2011 03:52:01 |Show all posts

Being a Successful Legion Commander by Loning of S16 and S21

The three keys to success for any legion commander are: Delegation, Communication, and Dedication.

I. Delegation

It is very important as a legion commander to set up your legion for success and understanding how you can use the deputy positions to achieve this. Positions should be given based on someone’s maturity and experience (in real life and/or in game).You can get good quality deputies if your focus is not based on how much gold they spend or if their development is the top on the server.

delegation_deputies.png

Assigning deputies without a given duty is pointless, their position should mean something to them and to the rest of the legion(not just having a silver mark next to the name). I would suggest to assign each deputy to a certain role.  

Side note: You should not pressure yourself to have all five deputy positions filled.  If you need to do some or all of the tasks during a certain period, then do so.  It is better that you do something than assigning someone who is incompetent.

Here is an example of what a legion commander can do with deputy positions.  You can change or fine tune any of these positions based on the needs for your legion.

Example

Deputy 1:
Recruiter:
    This deputy focuses on recruiting and looking into any new applicants to the legion.  Focus will stay on what applicants are accepted into the legion and to maintain the standard for acceptance(and any other specific requirements) set by legion commander.  
Deputy 2:
Troop Manager:
    This deputy will focus on helping to maintain a stable growth in troops from all members.  Will keep a specific, weekly count on all troops within legion and relay it to the commander to help with legion activities and movements.  Secondary responsibility will be to know where all the troops are located for the legion and which are moveable(rounds of food).
Deputy 3:
Coordinator:
    This deputy will focus on requirements for legion members’ manor locations and time zones that members play in.  Will help to set up the best time frames for legion to attack and help coordinate defense settings together with legion commander.
Deputy 4:
Developer:
    This deputy focuses on member activity and inactivity in legion.  Will keep track of legion members growth and activity on server.  Will coordinate with legion commander on what members are inactive and how to deal with their continued stay in the legion.  Secondary responsibilities would be to look into members health and how they’re doing to see where their main focus lies(i.e. this server or another).
Deputy 5:
Second in Command:
    This deputy will be the voice of the legion when commander is not around.  He is the go-to guy for the commander on anything that is needed.  If there are extra tasks that need to be done, he will be given this responsibility to do them.

II. Communication

Communication is the key to creating cohesion in your legion. It makes sure that everyone knows that someone is in charge, even if the world is breaking down around them.  People follow those who can voice their own concerns and can take charge when things go bad!  

Being able to communicate clearly will create a bond among your members that will help to maintain consistent activity and also keep members dedicated to following you.

>> Some key tools that are useful to maintain communication are(not limited to the following):

a.    Use the mail system. Randomly or in order, select members and mail them to see how they’re doing.  Being intentional through mail can help you know how your members are doing and what you can help them with.

mail_communication.jpg

b.    Use legion mail often to communicate updates. It is truly embarrassing if your legion members are asking in Kingdom Chat regarding what is going on in the kingdom and what they should do.  This speaks volumes to how well a commander communicates.  Even if your premier goes crazy, a legion will stay intact if you give them goals that they can follow.

c.    Encourage your members when you can and pay attention to what they do and how they play.  Get to know their playing style(city points oriented, troop focused, defender, type of troop they build, etc.)

d.    Help them learn and show them how to better play the game. Nobody shows more dedication to a legion than a new player who you teach to play the game.  Investing your own time into someone else is truly powerful to create loyalty and respect.

e.    Use legion chat more than kingdom chat when you speak. Let your members know that you are active in the legion.

III. Dedication

Dedication is important if you plan on keeping your legion intact in one server and possibly into the next. By showing loyalty to your own legion, you will eventually develop a bond that transcends the kingdom you play for.  If you move on, they will follow.  If you plan on winning on your server, you have to show them and encourage them to think the same.

Be consistent with your playing time. If you don’t show your face for days, you will quickly lose your legion.  Members are only as loyal as you are to the game itself.  They might be sad that you’re not around, but if they want to play the game, they need to know that you’re alive and still playing or they will find someone else who can lead them.

Dedication can also be shown by being a top member on your server.  Even if you do not expect it out of your members, you need to have a high expectation out of yourself.  Members will see you as experienced, dedicated, and trustworthy to follow if you can show them how well you know how to play the game.  Always be willing to learn new things yourself so you can equip your legion to succeed as well.  

ranking.png

Finally, do not take up the mantle of a commander if you are not ready for it. Always understand that with greater power comes greater responsibility.  A legion commander means that you now have those who trust in your judgment and follow your lead.  Be the example that others want to follow, and they will forgive you for the poor choices you make and be proud of you for the good choices that’ll change the face of the kingdom you play for.

Loning(S16、S23)

Work Time: Sunday~ Thursday 5:00 PM~2:00 AM (PST)
If there's something urgent, please PM me on the forum.

Expert

Newbie Advisor

Point
UID
Post time 8-4-2011 04:13:45 |Show all posts
Hey Loning,

Great work! I like it you must be a very good commander . So you are now playing in S16? I am also in S16, what's your legion?
Never give up!

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 8-4-2011 04:50:05 |Show all posts
what a great work!

Use magic Report

Point
UID

CoK Newbie Trainer

Post time 8-4-2011 11:21:59 |Show all posts
Thanks guys for enjoying it.

Lotus, i've been in Meng on s16 since server opened.
"With each kill, I grow wiser, with added wisdom, I grow stronger..."

Use magic Report

Point
UID

CoK Newbie Trainer

Post time 8-4-2011 13:58:14 |Show all posts
Good Job, I've been Premier on Server 11 throughout the whole game and usually spend more time with all the kingdom members then my own. I should try more in my legion and I will take some of the advise you have shared
Server 11
Ex - Premier
Exiled Commander

Use magic Report

Expert

Newbie Advisor

Point
UID
Post time 8-4-2011 20:34:01 |Show all posts
4# Loning

Yes,I see. I am in Tao and I think we can be friend.
Never give up!

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 10-4-2011 08:06:29 |Show all posts
YES thats what a premiers duty and we have to do that  thanks Ironman
GOLDEN_EAGLE

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 11-4-2011 11:44:36 |Show all posts
ive been in meng s16 it sucked
stupid ranking policy
1 idiot keep winning, hes be replaced now
lots of players left
loning meng isnot that great

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 12-4-2011 04:13:39 |Show all posts
nice job loner, i mean loning! aha

- Tabss here

Use magic Report

LSD sorts all problems..!

Point
UID
Post time 12-4-2011 09:08:47 |Show all posts
Haha Loning is my Deputy Commander on s21. Im proud of him xD

Use magic Report

Expert

Follow the white rabbit...

Point
UID
Post time 14-4-2011 20:29:24 |Show all posts
Great advice loning!
I am the slinkmeister!(No, i dont know what it means either...)

Use magic Report

Point
UID

CoK Newbie Trainer

Post time 14-4-2011 21:57:45 |Show all posts
The most important one is how you implement it....

Use magic Report

Guru

LiquidSnake

Point
UID

CoK Newbie Trainer

Post time 17-4-2011 03:18:19 |Show all posts
Sweet stuff Well done

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 17-4-2011 04:35:13 |Show all posts
Really good stuff in one sentance commanding legion is all about behaving with ur legion mates, giving each one of them the feeling they r very important to u and leading all from the front make a good commander
was maintence break so i tried to use some philosphy
Two most common elements in universe are hydrogen and stupidity, But not in that order

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 19-4-2011 23:46:43 |Show all posts
Loning, very well spoken and as seems like I m reading a book of a famous leadership author.   r u one of them ?

Anyway what legion r u in at s21?
Vv - S15

Use magic Report

Point
UID

CoK Newbie Trainer

Post time 20-4-2011 01:15:10 |Show all posts
very kind words that i dont deserve.
i'm just learning and sharing those experiences here.  every day brings something new that i could've added to this post.

i'm humbly helping my friends from an old server(s15 meng) on s21 as a deputy for Divine_Moments in the Zhang kingdom.

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 20-4-2011 01:41:00 |Show all posts
Great, I voted for your legion but too bad. Well, I may hop on to your side before I leave this game as I haf tried almost all the button on the game interface & honestly am very curious how does "betray" works.

See u around & maybe can haf a taste of how divine is your leadership in divine moment .
Vv - S15

Use magic Report

Point
UID

CoK Newbie Trainer

Post time 20-4-2011 01:55:10 |Show all posts
haha, please no!  i put very little effort(leading) on that server besides trying to have a fun time.

maybe you can join me on a venture for s25? i'm thinking about migrating there(with friends from s16) when it comes out.

Use magic Report

Point
UID

CoK Newbie Trainer

Post time 20-4-2011 04:28:28 |Show all posts
wow...wow...wow...I am here to support our Premier.:p

Use magic Report

Point
UID

First Lieutenant

Post time 20-5-2011 04:30:59 |Show all posts
great! i should tell my commander in s11 ab this!
L17 Wu (Ugliest Girl) and S33&S49 Noob Premier

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|Koramgame

5-12-2019 20:46 GMT-7 , Processed in 0.011755 second(s), 13 queries .