Search
View: 1938|Reply: 21

I will be Re-Launching TKO in a Few Months [Copy this link to quote]

Point
UID
Post time 26-8-2016 13:13:58 |Show all posts
Hi everyone, I have been playing TKO since early days and really love this game (more so in the beginning than now). I have been planning to and working on redesigning and recoding the game myself for the past couple of months but was planning to keep this secret until release because I was worried about DDOS attacks etc. once Koram realised they had competition but this is for obvious reasons not a problem.

I have a background in game design and game management and I would like to stress that I will be running the new game with ethics and will be reinvesting all money made back into the game. This is my favourite online game and I will be investing a lot of my own money into this project to pay someone to programme the back end of the game. The new version of TKO I will release will communicate closely with community and listen to suggestions- my whole purpose of creating this game was initially to provide a better alternative to what currently existed here.

I care greatly about maintaining this amazing community that has been built here and want to return to early days of awesome wars and lots of killing and to achieve both of these things I will need all of you to be around and play when the game is released. To help with keeping in contact and so as to let you know when the first server is getting released I would like everyone that wants to be part of this venture and play again to add me either on Skype or send me an email or add Zhuge Liang on Facebook. Please link all your TKO friends to this post and get in contact/text with all people that might be interested. Any officers in any active league please send around [MM] letting players know.

Help me out with this and I will do my best to get the game up again as quickly as possible and run it professionally. All contact information will be provided below and please add me on whichever service you are most likely to keep up to date with.

Thank you all and feel free to contact me on any of the services below with questions!

EMAIL: threekingdomsv2@gmail.com (send me an email and I will add you to my mail list)
SKYPE: Three Kingdoms Relaunched OR threekingdomsv2@gmail.com
FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/zhuge.liang.3990
Have 17 people ratedPoint Pack Reason
BigChase + 5 Powerfull!
KING_ARTHUR + 5 Powerfull!
Chris Jack + 5 Very nice!
CrajeeboyKP + 10 Very nice!
Lagunast + 5 Very nice!

Total score: Point + 130   View Rating Log

Point
UID
Post time 26-8-2016 17:15:13 |Show all posts
Cool!!!!!!!

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 27-8-2016 05:51:51 |Show all posts
Bump, please spread the word. Send out [MM] to all active leagues. Lets try and eep this community together.

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 27-8-2016 19:44:15 |Show all posts
yo if u do relaunch i hope u dont make it about the money. when tko started they didnt have events for 10k every week it rined the game made it about who can spend the most. id say only gold item for the first server should be EOs.

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 28-8-2016 08:31:53 |Show all posts
asterixis replied at 27-8-2016 19:44
yo if u do relaunch i hope u dont make it about the money. when tko started they didnt have events f ...

Hi asterixis,

The purpose of relaunch is not profits, this would be a terrible investment if only money where to be thought about. I will however have to invest about $15,000 to get the backend of the game programmed. Most gold functions that exist here will be available in TKO V2 but events will be done differently. I also have plans to reinvest all money spent to continue to expand game features as there have been many, many great suggestions alone on this forum that were never implemented and also in marketing to expand base of people playing. Again the focus will not be around money, this is not why we are relaunching but it will still be a part of the game same as here so as to allow expansion and general upgrades all around. Thanks.
Have 3 people ratedPoint Pack Reason
jrumaysha@yahoo + 5 Very nice!
100000601317130 + 5
GanjaForever + 5 Powerfull!

Total score: Point + 15   View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 29-8-2016 04:19:51 |Show all posts
Sounds great, i look forward to the new launch and will plan to play. Keep us all updated and lets see if we can tell all old players to come and support.
non-gold acct: Hwarangâ„¢ s85, u49, u54
gold accts: different on every server i play on, but still a NEWB!

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 29-8-2016 04:22:01 |Show all posts
Suggestions:
1) smartphone app so we can easily play from our smartphone (ex: mobile strike is very similar to tko, and can be easily played from our smartphones)

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 29-8-2016 14:13:04 |Show all posts
maybe we will figure out what group chat and wishing well does

Use magic Report

Point
UID

TKO Super Guru TKO Guru TKO Expert Wise Lord

Post time 30-8-2016 16:31:33 |Show all posts
Sent you an email, thanks for doing this!
[Inactive]Taking a TKO break.

Break over S100 let it be a good one!

Use magic Report

Point
UID

First Lieutenant

Post time 30-8-2016 20:20:32 |Show all posts
Nice, count me in !
Create a mailing liste or a forum so we can help you beta test it when it's ready
http://onlinesgamestips.com/

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 31-8-2016 10:55:06 |Show all posts
Very interested pls sens more details asap
Have 1 people ratedPoint Pack Reason
GanjaForever + 5 Powerfull!

Total score: Point + 5   View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 4-9-2016 12:51:42 |Show all posts
Chris Jack replied at 30-8-2016 20:20
Nice, count me in !
Create a mailing liste or a forum so we can help you beta test it when it's read ...

Yes I will put up a forum a couple months prior to launch and will enquire about such help close before. For now please keep reaching out to anyone playing TKO and get them in contact with me, lets have one final push- this is very important. Otherwise I am happy to take any more questions about the way I am thinking about this relaunch or anything else you might be wondering. Thanks you.

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 11-9-2016 19:08:01 |Show all posts
I wish some one had thought to do the same with Chronicles of Merlin
I played TKO a little I wish you all well !!
]

& wooddragon u5,6,8,s16.

Use magic Report

High Wizard

A dead person becomes immortal

Point
UID

TKO Mod/Adm TKO Super Guru TKO Guru TKO Expert The Best Terrific Attacker The Best Terrific Defender Wise Lord

Post time 12-9-2016 21:10:52 |Show all posts
What's the point of relaunching when there are tons of similar games out there?

1) Browser games are no longer popular and do not generate as much revenue as compared to mobile games. Koramgame has already started shifting most of their resources to mobile apps when i was still around a couple years back.

2) Koramgame isnt some hacking company that DDOS their competitors. There are tons of games like this all over the internet and mobile that are competing with them to begin with. Games like this are no longer popular in the gaming market fyi.

3) TKO uses js which is very buggy for game development. Thus the bugs you see. You can try but you will know what i mean. (By then it will be too late for an overhaul). Then there's graphics. Lousy graphics makes games look bland. Oh ya, website, forums, etc. All from scratch. SQL for player/game management system?

4) Marketing? Game management? Updates? Competition with hundreds of similar games *cough cough*

Not worth the time, money and trouble just for the sake of catering to a few people. Just gather in another game and call it a day. There are a lot of similar games out there. Or you could try but you will know what i mean.

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 13-9-2016 11:36:54 |Show all posts
GeorgeBush replied at 12-9-2016 21:10

1) Browser games ar ...

Firstly I am doing this because I feel passionately about TKO and the game was not managed well from the outset and in my opinion there were massive mistakes made that resulted in an excess of 'build time' and not enough war. There will be fundamental changes made to improve game play- this is not just a relaunch.

You don't have to be a hacker to DDOS a competitor, I have seen this done but anyhow not really relevant.

The actual building of the game there will be no issues with I know what I am doing. There are virtually no real moving graphics in the game but granted the artwork for TKO currently is pretty terrible and this is one of the main differences that will exist between the current game and relaunched version.

Bottom line is I am doing this because I am a big fan of the game and I believe that with good management (a talent Koram does not exhibit) I think we can gather a steady base of players and have have some great wars! Judging by the fact you're still kicking about GB, you must be involved in the game so if you want to talk about this further I'd like to hear what you have to say on the issue as all help in the form of advice or otherwise is much appreciated.  Thanks
Have 1 people ratedPoint Pack Reason
GanjaForever + 10 Powerfull!

Total score: Point + 10   View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 14-9-2016 02:56:05 |Show all posts
More wars is better, It would be nice to have a "sleep" mode for 6 hours, every 24 hours.  Staying up 24/7 during war times is not good for real world applications.  I would suggest something that, once you set-up, can not be changed without a few days notice.  Ofc, this would get interesting also, as other players would learn your sleep times and attack you 1 second after the time period is over.  So ofc, the player should be able to do certain things during the sleep time.  Support, auto transport, build, dress heros, etc.

Also, I would NEVER give no starvation period.  The game is more strategic if you have to manage your troops.  When we learned to play on the S servers, we had to manage our troops and food.

Also during merges, keep the heros dressed.  Tons of work and notes to put weapons back on heros after merges.  We work for months upon months building the best heros, only to have it all wiped out at merge.  I know I never get all my heros dressed the same way.

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 14-9-2016 17:51:22 |Show all posts
General Kory replied at 14-9-2016 18:56
More wars is better, It would be nice to have a "sleep" mode for 6 hours, every 24 hours.  Staying u ...

Have a peaceshield like they do in mobilestrike. You can use it anytime you want

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 14-9-2016 17:53:15 |Show all posts
GeorgeBush replied at 13-9-2016 13:10

1) Browser games ar ...

I agree with georgebush to a degree. You must modernize the game to attract new players. Making this game mobile is a must.

People are always on the move but they always carry their smartphone with them. Making this game a smartphone app would be wise.

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 18-9-2016 17:41:43 |Show all posts
I for one like the set up where people who don't use cell phones to play games can play a game they like such as tko I personally don't own a cell phone and my only way to play is through my computer. I have spent countless hours playing tko and would like to be able to continue playing

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 18-9-2016 21:26:50 |Show all posts
hope the new tko comes real soon. let us know keep us update!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|Koramgame

14-12-2017 13:59 GMT-7 , Processed in 0.029408 second(s), 11 queries .