Search
View: 1026|Reply: 3

PVP Guard? [Copy this link to quote]

Point
UID
Post time 10-7-2014 21:06:26 |Show all posts
Are guards any good in pvp as compared to so called 'OP' classes such as stalkers and mediums? I've done some searching on the forums and found out about Guard's anti stun skill but I can't find any builds that is dodge type that synergies with the anti stun skill in pvp. I'm really interested in guards and am hoping to have some insights on them in pvp. It would be helpful if these questions I have in mind are answered,

1) How difficult or easy are guards in pvp?

2) I know they have no gap closing skills hence, what do they rely on to own in pvp?

3) Which class should i change to if I want to mainly focus on pvp and still not suck too bad in pve?

4) Which type is recommended for pvp? Magic or Physical Guard type?

5) Is the dodge type guard build really good? Or are there any other builds better for guards in pvp.

6) Lastly, which classes do you think is a problem for guards in pvp, and which classes are easy for guards to beat?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Guru

Expert toilet flusher

Point
UID
Post time 12-7-2014 13:42:03 |Show all posts
It's all comes down to how you want to play. Predators and enforcers are very different. Personally I think enforcers are better than predators at pvp, but they are more supportish than predators.

1) They are extremely easy to play, but they have big flaws when it comes to pvp. Guards are more suitable to play with a team. Enforcers are highly desired in teams because of their awesome buffs.
2) Enforcers have ranged immobilize which helps close gap (the range is huge which is nice) and terror at the same time. Predators rely basically on terror from aura and guard blast or pet stun. In both cases having a fast battle mount is very important.
3) You will do fine in pve with either of them. Predator is more pve oriented though.
4) I prefer magical because you don't have to deal with parry (and predators can decreases resistance a lot). Unfortunately enforcers don't have any magical set except the arena one, which is orange quality. I don't think enforcers are thought to be magical anyway, as they can decrease 20% defense with turtle aura. Predators have plenty of magical sets to choose from.
5) Dodge builds don't perform as good in pvp as in pve because everyone has high hit rate, 50% hit is enough to counter 100% dodge easily. So I wouldn't choose a dodge build over a crit build for pvp.
6) Guards are in disadvantage against every class in my opinion, you'll be a punch bag for ranged classes and I don't think you have advantage over any melee class either. If you just want to kill people I would choose another class.

Hope this helps.

Use magic Report

Point
UID
Post time 12-7-2014 16:58:00 |Show all posts
1) I wouldnt say its easy to play Guard in PvP. Your Immobilize as an Enforcer got a really awesome Range, but its only one Target you gonna immo. for the other enemy´s party member you will need to get more close to terror them with your aura.
2) Wretched already said everything you should know here.^^
3) Predator is just nice to kill fast a bunch of low levels like Wretched said it a good DPS but is more effective in PvE than in PvP. Enforcer isnt something "OP" in PvP, but it can make a good party to an awesome Party. With a Sage and an Enforcer your whole party is immun to fear and Stun, what makes it hard to stop them.
4) like Wretched said, normally people preffer magical types for PvP so they dont have to deal with parry, but sometimes its nice to be physical as well, because nearly every PvP-Healer max out his/her Resi, which means they will recieve low magical damage, but they cant max out defense. The Arena set, which is actually the only way to build in Enforcer magical more or less effective is low on def because its the set similiar to the set for hunter/assasine and archer.
5) the highest geared DPS often got high hitrate as well, but that doesnt mean dodge would be totally useless. Even if your enemy got 50% hit and you have 100% dodge there is still a 50% chance to evade their attacks, but you lose a lot of crit/hit and attack if you focus on dodge that much. It depends on your play-style which one would suit you more. Dodge-type for example are normally used for charackters Like Bard to make them stay as long as possible in the Battle to support their teammates as long as possible. But if you preffer tiny parties it would be easier to help your teammates out with beating the enemys yourself.
6) There is no class useless in PvP or PvE. Its just the way the class is used to fight. Enforcer would be awesome to help out a big party exspecially with his buffs and make it easier for meele´s to beat the healer after immo., Predator would be more effective in a tiny party focusing on Crowd-control abilites. If for example your teammates is a bard and set up a sleep or Mp-drain trap it would give you the chance to run in terror the helpless enemys and beat them before they can do anything.

I hope i could add some Information to the previous detailed post by Wretched. Dont be afraid to play a Guard. Even if not many people play it doesnt mean it cant become awesome. Exspecially if you are able to get the skillbooks for the Enforcer class it can be become really strong.

Maybe you should use the Skillsimulator to preview some Skills:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/70352935/STOCalc2/6.html

Use magic Report

Guru

Expert toilet flusher

Point
UID
Post time 13-7-2014 17:00:35 |Show all posts
If for example your teammates is a bard and set up a sleep or Mp-drain trap it would give you the chance to run in terror the helpless enemys and beat them before they can do anything.

Any other DPS can do the same. My point is that predators can't do anything any other DPS can't. In fact, in such situation, a ranged char outperform a melee in terms of safety.
In terms of damage, there are other classes such as witch, that can deal even more damage, have more resist and have better crowd control abilities to support it's party (it can even revive people), with way less risks.
Im not saying it's useless but predators don't have anything special when it comes to PVP.
Dodge builds are fine if you are only going to support. I'm yet to see an op hybrid build, it's very hard stat wise to be good at everything.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|Koramgame

16-6-2019 02:10 GMT-7 , Processed in 0.007574 second(s), 10 queries .